Jump to content

Official NBA Thread


goose
 Share

Recommended Posts

Vegas Aces break a 3-game losing streak, taking down the Mercury.  In her loss, WNBA embassador Taurasi & Co of course took the high road:

 

As teammate Cunningham explained, "Refs were awful tonight, absolutely horrible," via Desert Wave Media on X. 

Taurasi backed her statement, saying "I'm so happy we have charters," with a sarcastic tone. 

 

So very marketable. :sarcasm:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Clark & Boston outplay Reese & Cardoso as the Indiana Fever take down the Chicago Sky.  Clark survived some hard fouls, including an Angel Reese windmill shot to tge head, and led all scorers.  Chicago had a balanced attack with four players scoring in double figures.  Boston was outstanding.

 

https://sports.yahoo.com/live/caitlin-clark-scores-23-fever-win-over-sky-second-matchup-wnba-season-150008827.html

Link to comment
Share on other sites

And Clark, as always, responds with class when asked about the hard foul and the rivalry with Angel Reese:  ""I think it’s just the emotion and the passion that we play with...I think people love to see that, and I think that’s maybe not something that was always appreciated in women's sports. And it should be. That's what makes it fun."

 

:smile:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, goose said:

And Clark, as always, responds with class when asked about the hard foul and the rivalry with Angel Reese:  ""I think it’s just the emotion and the passion that we play with...I think people love to see that, and I think that’s maybe not something that was always appreciated in women's sports. And it should be. That's what makes it fun."

 

:smile:

 

Angel Reese, of course, whined about favoritism. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Nova Carmina said:

 

Angel Reese, of course, whined about favoritism. 

Yeah, she - and too many others - just don't seem to get it.  In spirts there's a difference between physicality and clumsy brutishness , and the WNBA has far too much if the latter.   It's unflattering.  There's also a difference between intense competitiveness and mean-spirited pettiness.  Again,  too many WNBA players seem incapable of showing any class in that regard.   

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, goose said:

Yeah, she - and too many others - just don't seem to get it.  In spirts there's a difference between physicality and clumsy brutishness , and the WNBA has far too much if the latter.   It's unflattering.  There's also a difference between intense competitiveness and mean-spirited pettiness.  Again,  too many WNBA players seem incapable of showing any class in that regard.   

The new spokesperson for the WNBA...

 

OIP.4bb4XLNPSMn8872vbJM4VAHaD2?dpr=1.5&p

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, laughedatbytime said:

The new spokesperson for the WNBA...

 

OIP.4bb4XLNPSMn8872vbJM4VAHaD2?dpr=1.5&p

Here's what the WNBA Old Guard are trying to sell, per the reigning MVP:

 

"This is the best league in the world. No one is going to give you anything easy. The fastest, the strongest, the quickest - that's why this is the WNBA."

 

But the style of play they've offered hasn't put butts in seats or eyes on tv.  Weird they don't get that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Chicken hawk said:

Peut être un graphique de texte qui dit ’Celtics won their last title on 6/17/2008 6/17 Monday is 6/17/2024 Boston area code code is 617 It's all part of the plan’

I heat they're bringing Fogelberg for the occasion.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The NBA Finals...don't smile because they're over, cry because they happened.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, laughedatbytime said:

The NBA Finals...don't smile because they're over, cry because they happened.

I am grinning from ear to ear because of the results.  For the first time since 2008 I get to enjoy a Celtics league title.  Life is good sometimes - and today it is very good.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

In WNBA Action, the Fever are taking on the Atlanta Dream.

 

Lots of scoring so far...and lazy defense.  Some great outside shooting both ways

 

26-23 Indiana with 2:15 to go in the 1st

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So when does the new NBA season start?  Next week?

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Principled Man said:

So when does the new NBA season start?  Next week?

I'm enjoying the WNBA regulae season much more.  It's pretty fun.

 

Tonight's game has been all Indiana so far, and it looks like they'll go wire to wire and pick up their third road win.  Of note, Atlanta set a new attendance record if 17,000+.  Thank you Caitlin!

Edited by goose
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Caitlin Clark vs Angel Reese best rookie debate has so much media noise that  folks may need to look at the numbers to get a better picture.

 

Caitlin Clark has made more shots from 25+ feet (29, 33.3%) than Angel Reese has from 4+ feet (13, 25.5%).  And while Reese is averaging 11 rebounds per game, 5 of those 11 are offensive...and a good number of those 5 are her own missed shots.  Caitlin averages just about as many defensive rebounds as Angel. :smile:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, goose said:

I'm enjoying the WNBA regulae season much more.  It's pretty fun.

 

Tonight's game has been all Indiana so far, and it looks like they'll go wire to wire and pick up their third road win.  Of note, Atlanta set a new attendance record if 17,000+.  Thank you Caitlin!

 

Fever dream!

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The WNBA All Star game will be July 20, and of course fan voting is a part of the process.  Last year, Aja Wilson was the top vote getter with around 37,000 votes.  So far this year she is repeating as the top fan pick, but has already logged 217,000 votes!  

 

Caitlin Clark has the second most votes with around 215,000.  If voting ended today, Diana Taurasi would not make the team. :tongue:

 

Vox populi, vox Dei

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, goose said:

I'm enjoying the WNBA regulae season much more.  It's pretty fun.

 

Tonight's game has been all Indiana so far, and it looks like they'll go wire to wire and pick up their third road win.  Of note, Atlanta set a new attendance record if 17,000+.  Thank you Caitlin!

That record will only last until Angel Reese, Cheney Carter and the rest of Sky come to town.  They're moving that one from their usual 3700 seat arena to the Mercedes Dome (or whatever it's called these days) where the Falcons play.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, laughedatbytime said:

That record will only last until Angel Reese, Cheney Carter and the rest of Sky come to town.  They're moving that one from their usual 3700 seat arena to the Mercedes Dome (or whatever it's called these days) where the Falcons play.

:biggrin:

 

Meanwhile,  Caitlin seems to be adjusting just fine to the pros.  How much so? Caitlin Clark is the fastest player in WNBA history to record 250+ PTS & 100+ AST.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, goose said:

:biggrin:

 

Meanwhile,  Caitlin seems to be adjusting just fine to the pros.  How much so? Caitlin Clark is the fastest player in WNBA history to record 250+ PTS & 100+ AST.

That's surprising.  She looks more quick than fast.

 

#pedantryforthewin

Edited by laughedatbytime
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, laughedatbytime said:

That's surprising.  She looks more quick than fast.

 

#pedantryforthewin

Geez I missed you :biggrin:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...