Official NBA Thread

goose

Leonard bounces in the buzzer beater to send the Raptors to the Conference Finals.

What a great shot. It was well-defended, too.

The local joke is that the Eagles beat the Bears bc of a boink-boink and lost to the Raptors the same way. Hahahahaaaaaaaaa.

• Like 1

LeBron trade rumors have him possibly going to Philly (a better fit!).

"We don’t know what the hell is going on in Los Angeles,” Smith explained. “You’ve got folks close to Jeanie Buss imploring her to trade LeBron James. He does not have a no-trade clause and now you haven’t given him the coach he wanted.”

The Lakers have since hired Frank Vogel, bringing in Jason Kidd (whom LeBron is a big fan of), but the trade speculation isn’t going away.

NBC Sports insider Tom Haberstroh reports this morning that league executives expect the Philadelphia 76ers to explore a blockbuster move.

As a Lakers fan, I hope this happens.

• Like 1

Didn't see the game last night. Looks like it was a blowout! Raptors have to jump on the Bucks tonight!

The game got away from Portland in the 4th quarter, but it was close up to then (they were down 6). Short rest, first game at Oakland, I'd say they did fine. The Warriors just have so many weapons, ya know?

Raptors-Bucks should be interesting...

I'd be surprised if the Raptors took more than one game.

We had it right until the end of game...unfortunately a wasted opportunity. Definitely need to steal tomorrow's game in Milwaukee.

With about 2.5 minutes left, the Raptors started bombing threes, which led to easy Buck rebounds and transition buckets. I suppose those blocks inside were a big factor in the Raptors doing that.

Ya that was a tough loss. Raptors were the better team for most of the game. There were some encouraging things, but it is going to be a tough series.

Warriors come back from being down 17 to win by three at home in game 2.

Helluva game.

Wow. The Warriors beat the Trailblazers? Whodathunkit?

:P

Barely. It came down to the very end, and Golden State's experience likely made tge difference.

The teams match up well, so we'll see what happens in Portland.

Helluva game.

Barely. It came down to the very end, and Golden State's experience likely made tge difference.

I know you know I'm messing with you. But on a serious note, my beef with the NBA isn't that there aren't close games. It's that everybody knows that the Warriors are going to win the championship. In October. And that's how it is in too many years. Can Cleveland upset them, or can the Mavericks upset the Heat? Sure. But how often do 2 teams make the finals in basketball that you say, "where did THEY come from?"

Helluva game.

I know you know I'm messing with you. But on a serious note, my beef with the NBA isn't that there aren't close games. It's that everybody knows that the Warriors are going to win the championship. In October. And that's how it is in too many years. Can Cleveland upset them, or can the Mavericks upset the Heat? Sure. But how often do 2 teams make the finals in basketball that you say, "where did THEY come from?"

Agreed.

The Warriors are one of the greatest collection of athletes ever, in any sport. It's like the early 70s A's, the Bradshaw Steelers or the Greyzky era Oilers.

Has there been any other team to dominate like that in recent history? I can't think of another...

;)

• Like 1

Helluva game.

Agreed.

The Warriors are one of the greatest collection of athletes ever, in any sport. It's like the early 70s A's, the Bradshaw Steelers or the Greyzky era Oilers.

Has there been any other team to dominate like that in recent history? I can't think of another...

;)

I can’t either.

The Warriors must be deflating the balls. Or videotaping the other teams’ hand signals. :)

Speaking of deflating...

It must be deflating for Portland being up by double-digits deep into each of these first three games, only to have Golden State battle back to take the lead. Here in game 3, Portland was up 18 and are now down 2. To make things worse, the Blazers have missed ten free throws.

Oregon politician Ron Wyden has been talking with the lame Canadian PM trying to ensure if the Trailblazers end up playing the Raptors in the finals that Enes Kanter can travel back and forth with no problems. Seem Kanter is an outspoken critic of the current Turkish government so they rescinded his passport. As it turns out, he ain't going to Canada to play basketball this season anyway.