Official NBA Thread

goose

Down ten coming out of the half, Warriors enter the 4th up seven. 17pt swing in the 3rd qtr. The tale...

The final score of 115-86 doesn't show it, but there was a moment in Game 6 where the Warriors appeared to be in legitimate danger. The Rockets were rolling, James Harden was scoring and Golden State couldn't stop anything. At halftime, Houston led by 10 points thanks to 11 makes from 3-point range. The Warriors only had four.

The second half flipped the script. Golden State moved away from the Kevin Durantisolation sets and put the ball back into the hands of Stephen Curry. The result was a product that people have expected of the Warriors for quite some time: 3-point shooting, and a relentless attack that eventually overwhelms their opponent. Golden State finished with 16 makes from deep.

Despite James Harden having 32 points, the Rockets just couldn't do enough to slow down Curry's 29 points and Thompson's 35 points. The splash bros came through in a big way in the second half and now both teams will head back to Houston for a winner takes all Game 7.

https://www.cbssport...finals-bracket/

An interesting note: The game also oddly featured the end of James Harden's shooting slump. Going back to Game 4, Harden had 22 straight missed 3-pointers. :scared:

Edited by goose

I think both true underdogs, the Celtics and Rockets, are in trouble. Letting a team led by James, and that stacked Warriors team, get to a situation where they just have to get it done once, is bad.

I'm rooting for the Celtics for two reasons:

1) I like Brad Stevens

2) I'll root for anything that keeps us from two more months of LeBron vs Jordan hot takes. I'm not sure such a thing exists, but I'll take the side I think will lessen the pain the most.

I think both true underdogs, the Celtics and Rockets, are in trouble. Letting a team led by James, and that stacked Warriors team, get to a situation where they just have to get it done once, is bad.

1) I like Brad Stevens

2) I'll root for anything that keeps us from two more months of LeBron vs Jordan hot takes. I'm not sure such a thing exists, but I'll take the side I think will lessen the pain the most.

Gotta like the Celtics' chances at home and the Cavs with no Kevin Love.

1) I like Brad Stevens

I’m rooting for the Celtics. Does that change things for you?

• Like 1

1) I like Brad Stevens

Nah, Brad Stevens is a man of integrity. No reason not to root for him.

Must be a nice change for you, though.

Edited by laughedatbytime

1) I like Brad Stevens

To root for a good team from Boston?

1) I like Brad Stevens

A noncheating team from Boston.

1) I like Brad Stevens

A noncheating team from Boston.

What?

Oh, you mean the Patriots and “Spygate” and Deflategate.”

• Like 1

I guess this is where I'm supposed to say the Celtics are quitters with no heart who just gave up and all those other sports cliches that are unprovable but insulting. They just came out flat, that's always a good one.

But that would be ridiculous so I won't.

Oh well, it's not like Boston fans really cared about the Celtics, anyway, going back to the Russell days when mediocre Bruin teams were selling out the Gahden while the Celtics struggled to draw during dynastic times.

Three more weeks of LeBron vs Jordan. Can't wait. :wacko: oh well, it'll only displace ad nauseum arguments about the NFL anthem policy on hot take radio.

• Like 1

I guess this is where I'm supposed to say the Celtics are quitters with no heart who just gave up and all those other sports cliches that are unprovable but insulting. They just came out flat, that's always a good one.

Oh well, it's not like Boston fans really cared about the Celtics, anyway, going back to the Russell days when mediocre Bruin teams were selling out the Gahden while the Celtics struggled to draw during dynastic times.

Three more weeks of LeBron vs Jordan. Can't wait.

Let's put it to bed now, then. LeBron getting this squad to the finals is greater than anything Jordan ever accomplished in Chicago. Michael's championship teams were stacked, and when the Bulls weren't, Jordan's teams were mediocre. LeBron is a miracle worker.

The tale of the tape...

James led the way with 35 points, 14 rebounds and nine assists, shooting 12-of-24 from the field. Jeff Green also shot 50 percent from the field, adding 19 points for the Cavaliers. J.R. Smith and Tristan Thompson also finished with double-figures, scoring 11 points and 10 points, respectively.

Tatum led Boston with 24 points and seven rebounds, shooting 9-of-17 from the field. Horford finished with 17 points, and Marcus Morris added 14. The Celtics went just 7-of-39 from behind the arc, shooting less than 18 percent.

https://sports.yahoo.com/lebron-james-cavaliers-edge-past-celtics-reach-nba-finals-030653563.html

Three more weeks of LeBron vs Jordan. Can't wait. :wacko: oh well, it'll only displace ad nauseum arguments about the NFL anthem policy on hot take radio.

They were in it all the way last night, and they made it to game 7 of the conference finals with their best player (two best players really, but one has been out all year), so it’s really not like a heartless talented team getting swept or losing 4-1. Rozier, Brown and Smart didn’t contribute anything when they played, and that was the difference.

The early Celtic teams probably struggled to draw for a few reasons, one of them ugly. But certainly since I’ve been following them, they’ve drawn when they were good, and when the they weren’t good they haven’t. Smart fans don’t allow an organization to run out feeble teams that don’t contest for a playoff spot year after year, while slavishly fawning over them.

Now I guess I have to root for Golden State to stop James, again.

They were in it all the way last night, and they made it to game 7 of the conference finals with their best player (two best players really, but one has been out all year), so it’s really not like a heartless talented team getting swept or losing 4-1. Rozier, Brown and Smart didn’t contribute anything when they played, and that was the difference.

The early Celtic teams probably struggled to draw for a few reasons, one of them ugly. But certainly since I’ve been following them, they’ve drawn when they were good, and when the they weren’t good they haven’t. Smart fans don’t allow an organization to run out feeble teams that don’t contest for a playoff spot year after year, while slavishly fawning over them.

You know, your post made me consider an alternate reason for the loss other than that the Celtics are a bunch of choking quitters that can't beat a team with one good player.

Maybe the team just decided at halftime that they'd keep it relatively close till the end, then purposely lay down and give the game away as a big "f**k you" to a bunch of sorry ass bandwagon fans.

As far as those early Celtic teams were concerned, there may have been more than one reason they didn't draw, although even their most pathetic defenders admit what the most overwhelming one was, but you have to think a team that pulled all the shit Auerbach did to gain a "real home court advantage", they would have been embraced by a local fan base that celebrates modern area teams with similar MOs.

You know, your post made me consider an alternate reason for the loss other than that the Celtics are a bunch of choking quitters that can't beat a team with one good player.

Maybe the team just decided at halftime that they'd keep it relatively close till the end, then purposely lay down and give the game away as a big "f**k you" to a bunch of sorry ass bandwagon fans.

As far as those early Celtic teams were concerned, there may have been more than one reason they didn't draw, although even their most pathetic defenders admit what the most overwhelming one was, but you have to think a team that pulled all the shit Auerbach did to gain a "real home court advantage", they would have been embraced by a local fan base that celebrates modern area teams with similar MOs.

Nah. They didn’t throw the game. They just got outplayed. And a team with no heart would have gotten swept. That’s almost a telltale sign.

Personally, I’m proud that Red never whined to the league to change the rules when he got out coached . But of course he had more character than that. And it didn’t happen too often.

Nah. They didn’t throw the game. They just got outplayed. And a team with no heart would have gotten swept. That’s almost a telltale sign.

Personally, I’m proud that Red never whined to the league to change the rules when he got out coached . But of course he had more character than that. And it didn’t happen too often.

Yeah, Auerbach was a true sportsman who just had some bad luck with funding good heating and air conditioning help in the Boston area. And did the coincidence that these problems always seem to disproportionately affect the Celtics opponents actually reach statistical significance? Certainly you could define that term so that it wouldn't be. It's kind of the way the bounces go (or not, depending on which area of the floor you're talking about.

Yeah, Auerbach was a true sportsman who just had some bad luck with funding good heating and air conditioning help in the Boston area. And did the coincidence that these problems always seem to disproportionately affect the Celtics opponents actually reach statistical significance? Certainly you could define that term so that it wouldn't be. It's kind of the way the bounces go (or not, depending on which area of the floor you're talking about.

No more difficult than finding good groundskeepers in the Miami area, I suppose.

And a 25-pt swing given up by Houston at home. Down ten with five min to go they chip the lead away to six, briefly.

Clay Thompson gets it to eleven.

I must admit I'm shocked.

No cockiness from me tonight. I thought the Dubs were toast.

I'm truly amazed.

I thought the NBA was totally fixed.

I have no idea if the Hampton's 5 can stop the King.

Iggie must play!!!

• Like 1