Official NBA Thread

goose

Lebron, Lebron, Lebron....

...Lebron. As in four straight.

The modern era's greatest player leads a sweep of the East's #1 seed. Just incredible.

:yes:

Raptors curled up in a ball and wept

There's talk of firing the coach...as soon as he gets Coach of the Year. :LOL:

So, we'll get the dream matchup of Houston-Golden State in the West. In the East, Boston still has a 3-1 lead, but Philly seems to have finally found it's rhythm. A few radio guys are calling for the Sixers in a 7-game comeback. We'll see...

So, we'll get the dream matchup of Houston-Golden State in the West. In the East, Boston still has a 3-1 lead, but Philly seems to have finally found it's rhythm. A few radio guys are calling for the Sixers in a 7-game comeback. We'll see...

Lord please, not another 3-0 collapse this century.

• Like 1

Tonight is neck and neck so far.

That was a relief. One 3-0 collapse to a Philadelphia team is plenty. Too bad the C's don't have Kyrie and Hayward. I really think they could go all the way with them.

• Like 1

That was a relief. One 3-0 collapse to a Philadelphia team is plenty. Too bad the C's don't have Kyrie and Hayward. I really think they could go all the way with them.

If they come back healthy next year, watch out.

If they come back healthy next year, watch out.

God I hope not...that might mean the Jordan-LeBron debates on every sports talk/trollfests might be limited to 23/6/313.

• Like 1

Well, after Harden came out hot to start game one, Draymond Green got physical with him, delivering a forearm to the throat and a shoulder to the sternum on two seperate plays. James was never the same after that.

Houston's supporting cast also missed open three's and shots around the rim, which you can't do against any NBA playoff team, let alone Golden State. Hopefully, Houston regroups for game two, or this will be over quickly.

In the end, it was poor defense by the Cavs vs. a strong Celtic defense that translated into late scoring runs that Cleveland could not counter. Lebron had a great night, and Love was decent, but the bottom line was that the Cavs just didn't perform like a cohesive unit for four quarters of basketball.

Cleveland Cavaliers' bad habits proving tough to break against Boston Celtics

During a chaotic season, the Cleveland Cavaliers were a flashy offensive-minded group, built to overwhelm teams with spacing, 3-point shooting and efficiency. The construction of that identity started in training camp, a time when head coach Tyronn Lue shifted Kevin Love to center and put hustling, energetic Tristan Thompson on the bench.

So explosive most nights, their consistency on offense allowed them to overcome and enter the playoffs with a refreshed attitude despite pitiful defensive habits and an overall lack of toughness and purpose at that end of the floor...

Cleveland got off to a blistering start, scoring 55 points on 21-of-41 (51.2 percent) from the field and 7-of-14 (50 percent) from 3-point range. Those shots falling, the Cavaliers were brimming with confidence. They were playing with joy and energy, an extra pep that allowed them to meet Boston's intensity.

They were (gasp) even covering for one another on the defensive end, holding Boston to 48 points on 19-of-44 (43.1 percent) from the field and 5-of-14 (35.7 percent) from 3-point range.

But in the second half, the Cavaliers crumbled, all that hard work undone by those bad habits -- a reminder of the sins that had many questioning this group's ability to win a championship.

They were outscored by 14 points during another forgettable third quarter that flipped a Cavs seven-point lead to that same deficit going into the fourth quarter.

In the third period, the offense wilted and looked uncomfortable in the face of Boston's constant pressure, scoring just 22 points on 9-of-22 (40.9 percent) from the field and 3-of-10 (30 percent) from beyond the arc. That added up to an offensive rating of just 91.

Cleveland's defense eroded too, giving up 36 points on 14-of-25 (56 percent) from the field and 5-of-10 (50 percent) from 3-point range.

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2018/05/cleveland_cavaliers_bad_habits.html

Edited by goose

Lebron has 19 pts...with 3 min to go in the first quarter. :LOL:

This morning over breakfast, I told my son that the remaining teams need to start being afraid of this Celtics team. I suspect that they now believe that they are going to win. And, they repeatedly come back from deficits, sometimes enormous ones, which is the mark of a collective someone who is extremely mentally tough.

I was watching on and off. Post game ESPN wanted to be sure we all knew that when they're up 2-0 in a 7 game series, the Celtics' series record is 37-0. Are the trying to set us up for a Cav's comeback?

Lebron has 19 pts...with 3 min to go in the first quarter. :LOL:

This morning over breakfast, I told my son that the remaining teams need to start being afraid of this Celtics team. I suspect that they now believe that they are going to win. And, they repeatedly come back from deficits, sometimes enormous ones, which is the mark of a collective someone who is extremely mentally tough.

They're the real deal.

Houston outshooting Golden State 24-9 so far from behind the arc.

They are ahead. :)

Houston averages 22 isolation sequences per game, one of the highest league averages. Monday they had 44, meaning they simply did not move the ball enough. Tonight, they are, and getting open, in-rhythm shots. Nice adjustment.

Houston ends the half with a 14pt lead.

Edited by goose

Game 3, 7:30 minutes in 22-6, Cleveland.

Well, that's good. Skip and Shannon and Cowherd can write their takes early tonight.

Rockets win big. :)

"EAT IT"

Love,

WEIRD EARL LOL!

FUCKK THE COCKETS!

Always the high road, Earl! :P

Heckuva shooting night for GS. No surprise, really. On to game 4!

• Like 1