R40 Blu-ray/Album Impressions

puffyshirt

Disagree about the drum sound being like muddy boxes. On my system (5 speakers and subwoofer) they sound very much more musical than any other live recording I've heard, including ESL and ATWAS. They're just a little too low in the mix much of the time, and way too low at other times. And the concert toms in set two were much lower pitch than I expected.

The drums sounded muddy on the Sirius broadcast they've been playing the past couple weeks.

On the DVD they sound fine. I haven't listened to the cds yet, but right now I am listening to mp3s I downloaded (I'm not sure what the source is - a cd rip, itunes download, whatever) and I think they sound decent on here. The video definitely has the best mix though.

What You're Doing/Working Man melted my face off. Cygnus and 2112 also had a similar effect. Geddy sounded better on 2112 than he has in a bit. Hemispheres seems to be among his better performance too.

I agree about geddy sounding better on 2112 than he has. Xanadu as well.

Lakeside park was rough though...

There were times in 2112 that he sounded like his old self.

The bar was definitely raised at that point. That song obviously still means quite a bit to them.

What You're Doing/Working Man melted my face off. Cygnus and 2112 also had a similar effect. Geddy sounded better on 2112 than he has in a bit. Hemispheres seems to be among his better performance too.

I agree about geddy sounding better on 2112 than he has. Xanadu as well.

Lakeside park was rough though...

There were times in 2112 that he sounded like his old self.

The bar was definitely raised at that point. That song obviously still means quite a bit to them.

Well also I think they feel a bit obligated to play it since it was such a huge part of their being where they are today.

Cygnus is awesome. I do wish they would've indexed it into multiple tracks though. Neil's solo is cool and all, but it would be nice to be able to jump straight to that killer end section of the song.