Anyone get R40 yet? if so how is it???

nicky6

I am finally going to sit down and watch this tonight. I got the blue-ray for christmas from my kids (along with the new calendar which has been a xmas tradition forever). This was the first tour I missed since AFTK so it will be a happy/sad time.

If you ever feel so inclined, start a thread in the Rush section and tell us about your experiences at seventies' Rush concerts. :) If you remember that is. :LOL: :lol: :LOL:

Still haven't got R40 live yet because our local music shop not stocking it and its not on their online catalogue(I am guessing that its only avaidable on import over here in Oz due to Rush's mega non popularity over here).I have just ordered it through a small great import shop I have been going to for years(Music Without Frontiers,there's a plug Stefan,you cranky old bugger).Spotify and You Tube will suffice till then.P.S.A local liquidator shop has been throwing out great music dvd and blurays for three bucks a pop,mostly Eagle Vision stuff like Rush,ZZ Top,Dream Theater,Deep Purple,etc,my collection instantly went up by 100 titles.Is the end of cd/dvd not that far away?

that sucks. If I was going to Austrailia I'd smuggle a few copies for you. Amazon doesn't dominate the universe in Aussie like the states?

I am old fashioned and boring and don't like shopping online,don't like downloads,etc.I just like going to the shop and supporting them.Rush are just not that well known over here and the few that know of them thought they broke up years ago.Anyway R40 live should be here any day now.

Still haven't got R40 live yet because our local music shop not stocking it and its not on their online catalogue(I am guessing that its only avaidable on import over here in Oz due to Rush's mega non popularity over here).I have just ordered it through a small great import shop I have been going to for years(Music Without Frontiers,there's a plug Stefan,you cranky old bugger).Spotify and You Tube will suffice till then.P.S.A local liquidator shop has been throwing out great music dvd and blurays for three bucks a pop,mostly Eagle Vision stuff like Rush,ZZ Top,Dream Theater,Deep Purple,etc,my collection instantly went up by 100 titles.Is the end of cd/dvd not that far away?

that sucks. If I was going to Austrailia I'd smuggle a few copies for you. Amazon doesn't dominate the universe in Aussie like the states?

I am old fashioned and boring and don't like shopping online,don't like downloads,etc.I just like going to the shop and supporting them.Rush are just not that well known over here and the few that know of them thought they broke up years ago.Anyway R40 live should be here any day now.

There are more fans here than you'd think!

Edited by yyz305

I am finally going to sit down and watch this tonight. I got the blue-ray for christmas from my kids (along with the new calendar which has been a xmas tradition forever). This was the first tour I missed since AFTK so it will be a happy/sad time.

If you ever feel so inclined, start a thread in the Rush section and tell us about your experiences at seventies' Rush concerts. :) If you remember that is. :LOL: :lol: :LOL:

Actually it was a mistype and should say since before AFTK. I was only 14 in April '78 when I saw my first ever arena concert which was Rush & Max Webster. Blew me away! Already owned All the Worlds a Stage but immediately went out and got all the other albums. They returned that December for a Hemi show and I have never looked back. Don't recall the small details but I have seen hundreds of shows (24 Rush) but those 2 stand out more than any others

• Like 1

Actually it was a mistype and should say since before AFTK. I was only 14 in April '78 when I saw my first ever arena concert which was Rush & Max Webster. Blew me away! Already owned All the Worlds a Stage but immediately went out and got all the other albums. They returned that December for a Hemi show and I have never looked back. Don't recall the small details but I have seen hundreds of shows (24 Rush) but those 2 stand out more than any others

You saw them during the Hemispheres tour? You have my admiration. :) That and two dollars will get you a cup of coffee somewhere. ;)

You saw them during the Hemispheres tour? You have my admiration. :) That and two dollars will get you a cup of coffee somewhere. ;)

Wish I could still see them for the $6.50 I paid back then :facepalm:

• Like 1

I loved the CD/DVD no complaints here! :) :rush:

This is how I feel, too. I just got it last week; watched the DVD one time all the way through, and loved it. Haven't listened to the CDs yet, though.

I don't think it was really necessary for Alex to say, "f**k you, puppet", but it did kind of make me laugh a little bit. :LOL:

I agree. I stop the dvd right before it gets to that. Totally unnecessary, and seemingly out of character for Alex, or any of them.

I rewatched the dvd earlier today and I had forgotten that he says "I'm sorry I yelled at the puppet" a few moments later. But the whole Exit Stage Left video has a weird vibe around it, especially when we know Neil runs off to his bus the moment the last beat drops.

And I'm still kind of disappointed they didn't add any special features on the dvd.

Wish I could still see them for the $6.50 I paid back then :facepalm:

You paid $1.50 more than I did for my ticket at my first concert. :codger:

This is how I feel, too. I just got it last week; watched the DVD one time all the way through, and loved it. Haven't listened to the CDs yet, though.

I don't think it was really necessary for Alex to say, "f**k you, puppet", but it did kind of make me laugh a little bit. :LOL:

I agree. I stop the dvd right before it gets to that. Totally unnecessary, and seemingly out of character for Alex, or any of them.

I rewatched the dvd earlier today and I had forgotten that he says "I'm sorry I yelled at the puppet" a few moments later. But the whole Exit Stage Left video has a weird vibe around it, especially when we know Neil runs off to his bus the moment the last beat drops.

And I'm still kind of disappointed they didn't add any special features on the dvd.

I just watch the Tulsa video bootleg. It was better than the official release. In my opinion. I decided that when I want to revisit R40, I will watch the Tulsa bootleg.

I think they are saving any special features they might have added to R40 Live for a future dvd down the road.

Edited by Lorraine

I just watch the Tulsa video bootleg. It was better than the official release. In my opinion. I decided that when I want to revisit R40, I will hereinafter watch the Tulsa bootleg.

I think they are saving any special features they might have added to R40 Live for a future dvd down the road.

I assume that is tapehead2's recording...that girl puts out some awesome stuff :haz:

I just watch the Tulsa video bootleg. It was better than the official release. In my opinion. I decided that when I want to revisit R40, I will hereinafter watch the Tulsa bootleg.

I assume that is tapehead2's recording...that girl puts out some awesome stuff :haz:

I'm assuming it's her boot but it doesn't say. It looks like one of hers though. It's too good not to be. :LOL:

Agree that she puts out the best. :)

Edit: I'm watching The Camera Eye from the Newark show. This must be another Tapehead2 video. She really is good.

Edited by Lorraine

And speaking of the best :), if you like Working Man, the best version of the song is from the LA show. I don't think they did it like that at any other show from the tour that I am aware of. If LA was the last Rush show ever, Alex went out on top. Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

Yay,R40 has come in at my little import shop, trouble is won't be able to pick it up till next week(I live in the sticks an hours drive away).This must be the longest time i have picked up a new Rush release since Moving Pictures.

r40 is awesome! they put in all the bonus tracks on the cd.

Wel I have lived with it for a few weeks now.I have come to the conclusion that it just gets better as throughout the dvd.It's not a good start because I wouldn't have a clue what poor old Ged's yelping about on the first couple of tunes.I actually enjoyed watching How It Is as opposed to listening to it.I still love Alex's solo on Between the Wheels.Losing It is great.First time i have seen Ben Mink,odd looking chap,violin looks like crap,great solo.Natural Science,Jacobs Ladder,Xanadu ,Hemispheres,all great.So great to have it,wish I could have been there.

Is anyone notice, the strange noise when Geddy is singing if you listen to the stereo option? Can't describe but it's there for sure.

I like the 2112/Xanadu/Jacobs Ladder/Hemispheres/Cygnus X-1 section but the rest of it is a bit hard to take.

I really hope Ben Mink and Geddy Lee make another album like My Favorite Headache, say what you want about it but I really love that album!

And speaking of the best :), if you like Working Man, the best version of the song is from the LA show. I don't think they did it like that at any other show from the tour that I am aware of. If LA was the last Rush show ever, Alex went out on top.

Dunno, Lorraine. That epic performance of Working Man they put on at the concluding show at The Gorge in 2011 was really epic. Alex just roared. And at the end, Geddy unleashed what was, to my knowledge, his only f-bomb from the stage. Double epic historicness!
  • Like 2

And speaking of the best :), if you like Working Man, the best version of the song is from the LA show. I don't think they did it like that at any other show from the tour that I am aware of. If LA was the last Rush show ever, Alex went out on top.

Dunno, Lorraine. That epic performance of Working Man they put on at the concluding show at The Gorge in 2011 was really epic. Alex just roared. And at the end, Geddy unleashed what was, to my knowledge, his only f-bomb from the stage. Double epic historicness!

I don't think I've ever seen that one. I hope it's on my hard drive. I'm going to go look right now.....

I only have the audio which I will listen to right now. :) I'm sorry I don't have a video of it, because I gain more watching and listening rather than just listening.

Edited by Lorraine