Anyone get R40 yet? if so how is it???

nicky6

I loved the CD/DVD no complaints here! :) :rush:

This is how I feel, too. I just got it last week; watched the DVD one time all the way through, and loved it. Haven't listened to the CDs yet, though.

I don't think it was really necessary for Alex to say, "f**k you, puppet", but it did kind of make me laugh a little bit. :LOL:

I agree. I stop the dvd right before it gets to that. Totally unnecessary, and seemingly out of character for Alex, or any of them.

I think it's totally in character...especially for Alex. They're all total goof offs in their various concert DVD skits. Maybe they should of bleeped it... :huh:

This is how I feel, too. I just got it last week; watched the DVD one time all the way through, and loved it. Haven't listened to the CDs yet, though.

I don't think it was really necessary for Alex to say, "f**k you, puppet", but it did kind of make me laugh a little bit. :LOL:

I agree. I stop the dvd right before it gets to that. Totally unnecessary, and seemingly out of character for Alex, or any of them.

I think it's totally in character...especially for Alex. They're all total goof offs in their various concert DVD skits. Maybe they should of bleeped it... :huh:

I think it is a bit of a shock factor especially in the show itself. It wouldn't bother me to hear them drop the F bomb any other time.

• Like 1

I think it is a bit of a shock factor especially in the show itself. It wouldn't bother me to hear them drop the F bomb any other time.

Maybe it's the most in-character he's been and we wouldn't know it? ;)

• Like 1

Yeah, like when Geddy forgot the lyrics to Red Barchetta. :LOL:

• Like 1

Maybe it's the most in-character he's been and we wouldn't know it? ;)

Considering some of the rants he has done that wouldn't surprise me at all. :LOL:

Yeah, like when Geddy forgot the lyrics to Red Barchetta. :LOL:

Geddy seems to throw that around quite a lot. :P

Geddy I would expect it from. Alex, no. Plus, he really looked mad/mean when he said it. He toppled from the pedestal I had him on. :o

;)

How high is that pedestal for a guy who goes "blah, blah, blah" for 3 endless minutes at the R&RHOF? ;)

• Like 2

Geddy I would expect it from. Alex, no. Plus, he really looked mad/mean when he said it. He toppled from the pedestal I had him on. :o

;)

How high is that pedestal for a guy who goes "blah, blah, blah" for 3 endless minutes at the R&RHOF? ;)

You all laugh at him doing that, but that took genuine talent to do. I'm not joking.

You try doing it, and make it understandable to the point where whoever is listening to you can get an actual sense of what you are "blah blah blahing" about.

And see if you can do it like Alex did in front of an audience, and television cameras no less, without bursting into laughter.

Edited by Lorraine

Audio, everything sounds clear (guitar, bass, keys, vocals, drums (kick, snare, most toms and cymbals (Especially Neil's Ride cymbal and high hat - Superb), occasionally Neil's mid range toms and some of the crash cymbals getting buried in the mix a bit.

His ride and hi-hat? They are completely inaudible most of the time. Once in a while I hear them and wonder who turned that mic on by accident. His snare is heard kind of, sometimes. It certainly never cuts through, with only a few exceptions. He is cracking on it pretty good in the latter half of JL, but listen to the snare work at the beginning. Is he even playing?

The crash cymbal in the quiet section in the middle is almost inaudible as well.

Yeah, the chinas on the 7/8 section when they come back in. You know the ones on beat 1-6-7-1. Can't hear them at all.

It makes me hot when you talk all technical. Let me return the favor:

• Like 1

I got i for my dad for christmas and we watched it today. In my opinion, it gets better as they play the older songs. There's no doubt that Geddy's voice is aged and it shows on some parts but Xanadu is just so f***ing good. It's a little hard to watch for me knowing that it's hard on them.
  • Like 1

I got i for my dad for christmas and we watched it today. In my opinion, it gets better as they play the older songs. There's no doubt that Geddy's voice is aged and it shows on some parts but Xanadu is just so f***ing good. It's a little hard to watch for me knowing that it's hard on them.

I agree with you that it becomes better as they play the older material. In fact I personally stick to the 2nd set and encore when I watch the blu-ray.

Audio, everything sounds clear (guitar, bass, keys, vocals, drums (kick, snare, most toms and cymbals (Especially Neil's Ride cymbal and high hat - Superb), occasionally Neil's mid range toms and some of the crash cymbals getting buried in the mix a bit.

His ride and hi-hat? They are completely inaudible most of the time. Once in a while I hear them and wonder who turned that mic on by accident. His snare is heard kind of, sometimes. It certainly never cuts through, with only a few exceptions. He is cracking on it pretty good in the latter half of JL, but listen to the snare work at the beginning. Is he even playing?

The crash cymbal in the quiet section in the middle is almost inaudible as well.

Yeah, the chinas on the 7/8 section when they come back in. You know the ones on beat 1-6-7-1. Can't hear them at all.

It makes me hot when you talk all technical. Let me return the favor:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5j5axZzcH0

Traci....dear,dear Traci.

• Like 1

Still haven't got R40 live yet because our local music shop not stocking it and its not on their online catalogue(I am guessing that its only avaidable on import over here in Oz due to Rush's mega non popularity over here).I have just ordered it through a small great import shop I have been going to for years(Music Without Frontiers,there's a plug Stefan,you cranky old bugger).Spotify and You Tube will suffice till then.P.S.A local liquidator shop has been throwing out great music dvd and blurays for three bucks a pop,mostly Eagle Vision stuff like Rush,ZZ Top,Dream Theater,Deep Purple,etc,my collection instantly went up by 100 titles.Is the end of cd/dvd not that far away?

I just finished watching the rest of it last night. Very pleased, although some of the audience video was poorly timed and unnecessary. I want to see Rush, not the goofball fans.

There were several shots of 4 guys in matching red jump suits from the audience. Does anyone know if that's the tribute band that posted some videos on TRF sometime last year? I remember them performing in matching jump suits and looking like Devo.

I am finally going to sit down and watch this tonight. I got the blue-ray for christmas from my kids (along with the new calendar which has been a xmas tradition forever). This was the first tour I missed since AFTK so it will be a happy/sad time.
  • Like 1

Still haven't got R40 live yet because our local music shop not stocking it and its not on their online catalogue(I am guessing that its only avaidable on import over here in Oz due to Rush's mega non popularity over here).I have just ordered it through a small great import shop I have been going to for years(Music Without Frontiers,there's a plug Stefan,you cranky old bugger).Spotify and You Tube will suffice till then.P.S.A local liquidator shop has been throwing out great music dvd and blurays for three bucks a pop,mostly Eagle Vision stuff like Rush,ZZ Top,Dream Theater,Deep Purple,etc,my collection instantly went up by 100 titles.Is the end of cd/dvd not that far away?

that sucks. If I was going to Austrailia I'd smuggle a few copies for you. Amazon doesn't dominate the universe in Aussie like the states?