Anyone get R40 yet? if so how is it???

nicky6

I was just rewatching Time Machine show today and I noticed there are quite a few familiar faces from the front row of the R40 show and this cleveland show. How are these people getting all these front row seats and it can't be a coincidence that they happen to get it for shows being filmed for live releases. Are these friends of the band who they want to be in the video of their live releases? lol.

Maybe someone can tell me who the red jumpsuit brigade is and what they are all about.

They don't act like men who know Rush and work for them.

They act like a group of men that love Rush, have oodles of money to be able to afford front row seats, go to as many concerts each tour they can, and wear identifying outfits so they always stand out in the crowd.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 2

They act like a group of men that love Rush, have oodles of money to be able to afford front row seats, go to as many concerts each tour they can, and wear identifying outfits so they always stand out in the crowd.

Lorraine, as you might imagine, I've had close encounters with the Red Men a number of times. As I recall, the first time was in KC (Starlight) maybe three tours back (I think), although I also saw them in Dallas one time that I recall, and then several times after that. They're actually pretty good guys, helping me move some little kids into the front row for a few songs on several occasions. I also think there's more then four, as I think I saw six at one show (two sitting second row), so perhaps it's a rotating cast of characters.

While my jury is still out (no pun intended) on whether their attention-seeking garb is more about them or the band, and my perception is that Geddy and Alex don't interact with them as much as they do with most of the rest of us sitting near the stage, I will say that from what I've seen, they're quite knowledgeable fans that are into all eras of Rush, they're very respectful of fans around them re language, and they're happy to cordially engage "non-Red Men" in general discourse in between sets. At least, I never had any problems when I sat around them.

And, yeah, getting four consecutive fronts costs some large dollars.

• Like 3

Lorraine, as you might imagine, I've had close encounters with the Red Men a number of times. As I recall, the first time was in KC (Starlight) maybe three tours back (I think), although I also saw them in Dallas one time that I recall, and then several times after that. They're actually pretty good guys, helping me move some little kids into the front row for a few songs on several occasions. I also think there's more then four, as I think I saw six at one show (two sitting second row), so perhaps it's a rotating cast of characters.

While my jury is still out (no pun intended) on whether their attention-seeking garb is more about them or the band, and my perception is that Geddy and Alex don't interact with them as much as they do with most of the rest of us sitting near the stage, I will say that from what I've seen, they're quite knowledgeable fans that are into all eras of Rush, they're very respectful of fans around them re language, and they're happy to cordially engage "non-Red Men" in general discourse in between sets. At least, I never had any problems when I sat around them.

I have no doubt that they are good guys. My post was in response to someone who said they work for Rush. They are too enthusiastic for that! :LOL:

You are right too in that there were/are more of them. On the CA Live dvd, i don't know how many off the top of my head were there, but it was more than four.

I have no doubt that they are good guys. My post was in response to someone who said they work for Rush. They are too enthusiastic for that! :LOL:

You are right too in that there were/are more of them. On the CA Live dvd, i don't know how many off the top of my head were there, but it was more than four.

Ok Lorraine, stop adding insult to injury! :fuckinputer:

Edited by rugen

Ok Lorraine, stop to put the nail in the coffin :fuckinputer:

I don't understand your comment. :)

Ok Lorraine, stop addding inult ot injury! :fuckinputer:

I don't understand your comment. :)

didn't mean to be so tragic, i have change the expression to something more appropriate. ( it was me that made that assumption that those guys were working with the band)

Edited by rugen

I've watched my DVD copy three times now and I think this a GREAT live concert DVD. Well, OF COURSE there are minor flaws. This was recorded LIVE... as in... in front of an audience. If anyone doesn't understand that, they must have ridden the "short bus" to school, rather than the long one...
  • Like 2

i just got it.....and i just watched the 2nd set on. which is i think the way i'll always watch it. as set 1 is a bore. Well losing it onward i should say.

set 2 on is a GREAT DVD

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 2

i just got it.....and i just watched the 2nd set on. which is i think the way i'll always watch it. as set 1 is a bore. Well losing it onward i should say.

set 2 on is a GREAT DVD

Mick

Losing It onward is where the magic happens. I enjoy both sets, but set 2 is really something special.

• Like 2

set 2 on is a GREAT DVD

Mick

Losing It onward is where the magic happens. I enjoy both sets, but set 2 is really something special.

Mink's losing It solo gives me chills.

Mick

• Like 2

Its very good. Better sound than CA. Still can't hear cymbals, hi-hat, even the snare at times. But I noticed that live at the concert as well. Doesn't look like the cymbals even have mics. Just area mics. It doesn't work. No high end on their recordings anymore. Just low end rumble. But much better than CA.
  • Like 2

R40 Is to me far and away the best looking DVD. beautifully shot. Doesnt make me dizzy. Wonderful shots in this. A lot of audiance shots......minor quibble.

Mick

1000 times yes!

I think the video is great, my only gripe about it is not being able to hear the cymbals and half of the drums.

Edited by EagleMoon
  • Like 3

I agree with the Eaglemoon. One of my minor complaints is that the drums and cymbals aren't loud enough in some spots... Me being a drummer too... But, I sure do love watching Neil beat the living sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit out of those goddam things.
  • Like 2

R40 Is to me far and away the best looking DVD. beautifully shot. Doesnt make me dizzy. Wonderful shots in this. A lot of audiance shots......minor quibble.

Mick

I dug the audience shots. Cool seeing so many friends there! :)

I heard (only heard mind you) the red suited guys just get a lot of front rows for the recorded shows. Just there to be seen.

Again, just what I heard.