Anyone get R40 yet? if so how is it???

nicky6

What's that swanky looking bass Geddy is playing on Distant Early Warning? :)

And where does that man, at his age, get all his energy from?

From his passion for playing music like a 60 years old man that don't want to stop working. When you're old you find energy by spending energy, and then you can surprise yourself having the same energy that you had when you were young with a little more bruises...

• Like 1

Anyone else here read the little booklet that came with the R40 Live package?

Kind of, but i will say the photographs were awesome. The fire explosion one would make a nice poster

• Like 1

Notes upon first listen:

Johnny Dinkladge's version of Losing It was better

Alex started Far Cry in F# instead of E

The Camera Eye / Wreckers were from KC (yes!!!!)

How It Is sounded amazing

Best version of Spirit of Radio ever

YYZ sounded very bad - maybe the worst of the record

Alex nailed the Natural Science solo

Alex (I think on purpose - they must hate it by now, I think they only played it so that Neil could use his tubular bells again) badly messed up the intro to Closer to the Heart

Geddy hit a wrong note at the beginning of Xanadu - no big deal, just an observation

Headlong Flight ROCKED

• Like 1

Anyone know if there's a UK release date for this, region 2? Looked on Amazon UK, no region details.

Both the Time Machine and Clockwork Angels DVDs were in Region 0, rather than Region 2, so I imagine it will be the same for this.

As yet, the release date is still 4th of December...fingers crossed it doesn't get pushed back any further

I daren't make an order for it in case it turns out to be region 1.

Daren't? Not sure that is even proper but I love it. Well done darlin... :)

Edit: Just looked it up and apparently it is. I have just never heard or seen it before. The contraction of "dare not". Who knew? Obviously you did. Such a smart little kitty... :cheers:

Edited by Narps

Notes upon first listen:

Johnny Dinkladge's version of Losing It was better

Alex started Far Cry in F# instead of E

The Camera Eye / Wreckers were from KC (yes!!!!)

How It Is sounded amazing

Best version of Spirit of Radio ever

YYZ sounded very bad - maybe the worst of the record

Alex nailed the Natural Science solo

Alex (I think on purpose - they must hate it by now, I think they only played it so that Neil could use his tubular bells again) badly messed up the intro to Closer to the Heart

Geddy hit a wrong note at the beginning of Xanadu - no big deal, just an observation

Headlong Flight ROCKED

YYZ was sloppy, but the energy on it was great - I don't remember the last time it sounded so lively.

Anyone know if there's a UK release date for this, region 2? Looked on Amazon UK, no region details.

Both the Time Machine and Clockwork Angels DVDs were in Region 0, rather than Region 2, so I imagine it will be the same for this.

As yet, the release date is still 4th of December...fingers crossed it doesn't get pushed back any further

I daren't make an order for it in case it turns out to be region 1.

Daren't? Not sure that is even proper but I love it. Well done darlin... :)

Edit: Just looked it up and apparently it is. I have just never heard or seen it before. The contraction of "dare not". Who knew? Obviously you did. Such a smart little kitty... :cheers:

:blush:

• Like 1

Not getting it till Christmas but........i found an excellent quality version of it online. GREAT show. I still maintain the first set at least up to the Signals stuff is one of the worst they've done. Second half is aces thought. their best set in ages. The editing is so much better. oh my god......sigh of relief, lol

may be my fav filmed show.

Mick

• Like 1

My favorite part of the entire show is at the beginning of Cygnus X-1 when the stage darkens and there's just Geddy with his bass standing up against the stuff in the back playing, and then he moves over to Neil when they go back and forth with drums and bass.
  • Like 2

I noticed him too several times when I watched it. Strange, because it doesn't look like a false face or nose from what I can see.

Uh yeah, it's a false nose. :LOL:

Finally got my copy today...got the CDs loaded on my iPod so I will have something to listen to at work tomorrow! Ran out of time to watch it tonight but will watch tomorrow night :)