Anyone get R40 yet? if so how is it???

nicky6

Blazing through the second set. Natural Science and Ladder back to back are pure heaven, They sound so good. Esp Ladder which is one of my favorite songs.

Am up to Xanadu and my subwoofer is singing that intro. This really is a good sounding CD. Still the only rough patch is Anarchist for some reason.

For those who have this, which show is Headlong Flight from? The first night when Geddy's bass was out of tune or the second night when it was fine?

Sounds in tune.

For those who have this, which show is Headlong Flight from? The first night when Geddy's bass was out of tune or the second night when it was fine?

The main concert is all from the second night - the bonus tracks are all that came from the first night.

I got mine from Best Buy in Highland Indiana this morning! Bluray with the flashlight( odd souviner)!

Is Hedgwich Records still in business?

The main concert is all from the second night - the bonus tracks are all that came from the first night.

Clockwork Angels was performed the first night but wasn't included on the DVD bonus tracks. Does anyone know why?

Clockwork Angels was performed the first night but wasn't included on the DVD bonus tracks. Does anyone know why?

Just mentioned that in the bonus track thread. All I can figure is they must have had some technical issue with the filming or something, as the performance is good.

I think that the Losing It bonus is from LA. I was at both NY/NJ shows where Jamie Lannister played, and remember Geddy's intros. It's not those shows. The only other time Dinklage played was at LA, I believe. Edited by grep

I think The Anarchist is from 17th June, because there's no Neil mistake like he did on 19th June

The footage is definitely from the 19th, because Geddy had a different long sleeve shirt on on the 17th, and the shirt in the video matches the rest of the set. Maybe they lifted that one spot from the 17th, but that begs the question - why not fix the other flubs that made the release? :wtf:

I think The Anarchist is from 17th June, because there's no Neil mistake like he did on 19th June

The footage is definitely from the 19th, because Geddy had a different long sleeve shirt on on the 17th, and the shirt in the video matches the rest of the set. Maybe they lifted that one spot from the 17th, but that begs the question - why not fix the other flubs that made the release? :wtf:

So, the sound is from 17th?

So, the sound is from 17th?

I can't say for sure offhand - I haven't really compared it to any Youtube videos. But the video is 100% from the 19th, even if the intro is from the 17th. The slogan in the video on the 19th was "Now with more pandas", so I'm guessing for that they wanted to go with the slogan that would make more sense to non-Toronto folks.

Perhaps someone who is more versed in the videos from the gig on Youtube can weigh in on this debate?

Only watched the first 2 songs on blu-ray so far, but color me impressed. The hd video is beautifully clear. I saw details in the opening film I hadn't caught before from either 4 shows in person or all my bootleg viewings. The camera jumping may still bother some, but the shots are generally held longer than they were in CA Live and they made a noticeable effort to capture the light show. :)

Sound wise, I'd still like more punch from the drums. But again, definitely better than last tour and the instrument balance is WAY better. In HF for instance, it's such a joy being able to clearly follow Geddy's lines while Al is ripping away on that solo!

I'd say they've done justice to this wonderful tour and I expect to spend a lot of time absorbing it in coming days. All you folks having to wait longer, it will be worth it. :)

• Like 3

Sound wise, I'd still like more punch from the drums. But again, definitely better than last tour and the instrument balance is WAY better. In HF for instance, it's such a joy being able to clearly follow Geddy's lines while Al is ripping away on that solo!

Drums could be a bit louder I agree, some of the cymbals especially...but the kit's definitely better sounding and more up in the mix than the previous 3 releases IMO.

I got mine from Best Buy in Highland Indiana this morning! Bluray with the flashlight( odd souviner)!

Is Hedgwich Records still in business?

Hegewisch Records. Oh my oh my. Does that bring me back.

Hegewisch Records was a great local record store, but it was about as far off the established grid as you could find. Located on Torrence Avenue in Calumet City IL, right on the Indiana border, in a neighborhood that always seemed vaguely dangerous, Hegewisch (actually pronounced "Heg-Wish," but to me and my friends, who were in utter awe of the store, "Heg-a-wish") was a music fan's best friend. They had new releases (yes, on vinyl, back at a time when the choices were either vinyl or the more obscure 8 track, with cassettes being a very distant third), but more importantly, they had a very impressive selection of "imports" (i.e., boots) on vinyl. And at great prices. Going to Hegewisch was a trip to Mecca for us, a seemingly long drive through unfamiliar territory, but the reward was so damn sweet. The marginally dangerous aura of the place, honestly, was a part of the draw. I remember going there once with my Christmas cash, and coming away with a Saxon "import," a UFO "import," a Riot album that I'd never seen anywhere else (("Fire Down Under" on the cover, but "Fire Down Below" on the spine), with Swords and Tequila being the hit, but Altar of the King being the best song on the album), and a Baron Rojo album (Metalmorphosis) that remained a conversation piece among my friends for many months. Wow, what great memories.

A few years later, a trip to Heg-a-wish revealed a greatly expanded head shop, with a correspondingly large reduction in vinyl. As I had no use for smoking materials, I couldn't help but be disappointed. "Still, we saw the magic, was fading every year."

Ultimately, the possibly dangerous neighborhood became too much, and the main Hegewisch shop relocated to relatively tame Richton Park. Shortly thereafter, the owner was shot in his home, as I recall, and the stored closed. A sad end to a great childhood memory. Thanks, laughedatbytime, for a great reminiscence.

• Like 1

I think that the Losing It bonus is from LA. I was at both NY/NJ shows where Jamie Lannister played, and remember Geddy's intros. It's not those shows. The only other time Dinklage played was at LA, I believe.

What were you smoking? I was at the Newark and New York shows as well, and Jonathan Dinklage played 'Losing It' both nights. Now that I really think of it, I saw that song twice out of the 5 times it was played on this tour. Could have been 3, if I went to the Friday show in Toronto instead of Wednesday.

I think that the Losing It bonus is from LA. I was at both NY/NJ shows where Jamie Lannister played, and remember Geddy's intros. It's not those shows. The only other time Dinklage played was at LA, I believe.

What were you smoking? I was at the Newark and New York shows as well, and Jonathan Dinklage played 'Losing It' both nights. Now that I really think of it, I saw that song twice out of the 5 times it was played on this tour. Could have been 3, if I went to the Friday show in Toronto instead of Wednesday.

You do know who Jonathan Dinklage's younger brother is, don't you?

Jamie Lannister is a joke in my post.

• Like 1

Only watched the first 2 songs on blu-ray so far, but color me impressed. The hd video is beautifully clear. I saw details in the opening film I hadn't caught before from either 4 shows in person or all my bootleg viewings. The camera jumping may still bother some, but the shots are generally held longer than they were in CA Live and they made a noticeable effort to capture the light show. :)

I'd say they've done justice to this wonderful tour and I expect to spend a lot of time absorbing it in coming days. All you folks having to wait longer, it will be worth it. :)

Can't wait ;)

• Like 1

Hey I just picked mine up at Best Buy, and found out that I made the packaging! The inside photo was taken at LA, and you can see me (or, at least, my orange baseball cap) next to my friend Christine (blue shirt) in the lower right hand side of the picture. Nice of them to personalize my R40 experience. What a souvenir!

Cool stuff. I found myself in one semi-closeup during 2112 and a number of wide crowd shots, so I'm extremely happy about that too. Feels great to make it into a release for one of your favorite bands :)

:cheers: I haven't seen the dvd yet - still eagerly awaiting the European release - but I've been told I'm also in there :banana: :cheerleader: