Anyone get R40 yet? if so how is it???

nicky6

My buddy called me - the mailman is 3 blocks away. :)

Edit - oversized disco ball now sitting on my desk.

Edited by grep
  • Like 1

I'm watching Far Cry now, something tells me Mick's not gonna be a huge fan of this release...

Uh oh...looks like the word has gotten out about R40 Live being an extreme case of hit or miss with fans. :ph34r:

Edited by PolarizeMe

I got mine from Best Buy in Highland Indiana this morning! Bluray with the flashlight( odd souviner)!

You'll be the coolest person in a blackout. ;)

OMG 25000 posts!!!!!!Thats almost 1,000,000,000

I got mine from Best Buy in Highland Indiana this morning! Bluray with the flashlight( odd souviner)!

You'll be the coolest person in a blackout. ;)

OMG 25000 posts!!!!!!

Edited by chemistry

yeah animate isn't really one of my favourites but it does sound great on this release. far cry, spirit, ctth aren't great to me but could care less they have been played to death and are on plenty of releases. but the important songs form this tour were captured great - losing it, cygnus, hemispheres, jacobs, xanadu, entire encore.
  • Like 2

The bass on Animate is amazing!

Are you talking about the aesthetics of Ged's Thunderbird he uses for the song or the actual bass playing in the song?

both? the sound mostly, it was mixed high and sounds great

Yes, Ged's bass sounds great on this song. This was one of the better performances in the first set.

Just heard the audio so far but I really like it. It certainly sounds better than the last live one. Now am I being a bit biased since I attended the show where most of this was recorded? Probably. But the mix is way better than the sound in the arena was, that's for sure. Very much enjoyed my first listen. I'm sure once i've heard it a few more times i'll start hearing all the mistakes like all you nitpickers do around here ;)

For the first time since R30, I can see myself actually listening to a live Rush album multiple times instead of giving it one listen and then forgetting about it.

Teceived my package today...

Was super surprised to see the audio on deezer already.

Kinda glad as this will save me from downloading the discs when i want to go mobile