Anyone get R40 yet? if so how is it???

nicky6

From hearing all this it's pretty disappointing. I was thinking about going out today and picking it up if the reviews were good, but if all of those mistakes were left in it's going to be really upsetting to listen to.

I'm listening to disc one right now and Alex hits the F# chord three or four times instead of E at the start of Far Cry. It wasn't exactly bad, but seeing such a simple mistake not being fixed is bumming me out. It's not gonna detract me from listening to it more than once but with Rush being perfectionists...it's disappointing they put no effort in doing something about these minor hiccups :(

Those kinds of things bug me and to have it on an official release is just a poor choice on their part.

Hey I just picked mine up at Best Buy, and found out that I made the packaging! The inside photo was taken at LA, and you can see me (or, at least, my orange baseball cap) next to my friend Christine (blue shirt) in the lower right hand side of the picture. Nice of them to personalize my R40 experience. What a souvenir!
  • Like 10

Hey I just picked mine up at Best Buy, and found out that I made the packaging! The inside photo was taken at LA, and you can see me (or, at least, my orange baseball cap) next to my friend Christine (blue shirt) in the lower right hand side of the picture. Nice of them to personalize my R40 experience. What a souvenir!

Congrats. That's awesome!

• Like 1

I still believe the last best live release next to R30, was different stages.. just a perfect and great performance. and the mix was great too.. I didn't set my hopes too high for this new one. just wanted it to be better than the last one....

That is truly awesome. and hey you weren't at the bathroom this time :)

Listened to more on my iPod (got through to Subdivisions) Not a bad sound (even for the lossy version) Liking the sound....

Had disc three in my car on my way over, and listened to Camera Eye... I think it sounds great actually....not sure what isn't liked?!?!

One thing that DOES annoy me is that they didn't put the names of the tracks on the discs! Really? Talk about "phoning that part in" I blame the production people!

• Like 1

For the first time in 30 years, I've decided not to get a Rush item on release day. All so the kiddies could get Daddy something for Christmas.

I thought about that, but will probably just get socks,..

Better than coal in a stocking. :sigh:

Is that another Narps underwear reference?

I needed that laugh very much this morning. I must, must, must, must find a reasonably priced high speed. Our dial up wouldn't connect this morning. When I called the hosting company to tell them, the man said to me: "Well, you know Ma'am, dial up is an archaic technology." :eh: Like I don't already know that? :eyeroll: Like anyone would choose to have dial-up when they can afford high speed? :smash:

• Like 1

When I call Best Buy, how do I let them know it's not the R40 dozen or so disks package that I am asking for?

What's the official name of this one?

R40 Live

Thank you for answering what most probably (and they would be right) thought was one of the dumbest questions someone on a rush forum could ask. :LOL: :cool:

Had disc three in my car on my way over, and listened to Camera Eye... I think it sounds great actually....not sure what isn't liked?!?!

I'm the one that didn't like it. Hopefully I'm in the minority. I'm listening via Apple Music. The verses just don't sound right to me. It sounds like Alex is playing on an acoustic, and Geddy's voice just sounds too rough (as it has for the past few live albums) for me. Overall it sounds too sparse. I'm glad you enjoy. Hopefully most others will as well.

For the first time in 30 years, I've decided not to get a Rush item on release day. All so the kiddies could get Daddy something for Christmas.

I thought about that, but will probably just get socks,..

Better than coal in a stocking. :sigh:

Is that another Narps underwear reference?

I needed that laugh very much this morning. I must, must, must, must find a reasonably priced high speed. Our dial up wouldn't connect this morning. When I called the hosting company to tell them, the man said to me: "Well, you know Ma'am, dial up is an archaic technology." :eh: Like I don't already know that? :eyeroll: Like anyone would choose to have dial-up when they can afford high speed? :smash:

Don't you love comments like that? We drove our 1994 van until last summer when our mechanic said it was literally rusted away; because we were putting 3 kids through college. Some guy who would sometimes gas up at the same time as me used to look at it and say, "Come on lady, buy something new!" Thanks, dude, I didn't know it was old. Actually, I loved it, very dependable until the end.

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 2

I'm the one that didn't like it. Hopefully I'm in the minority. I'm listening via Apple Music. The verses just don't sound right to me. It sounds like Alex is playing on an acoustic, and Geddy's voice just sounds too rough (as it has for the past few live albums) for me. Overall it sounds too sparse. I'm glad you enjoy. Hopefully most others will as well.

NO. Im with you. I got the bluray/cd version and your right. it doesnt sound right. like barely hearing the drums in The Anarchist

I got mine from Best Buy in Highland Indiana this morning! Bluray with the flashlight( odd souviner)!

You'll be the coolest person in a blackout. ;)

Only if everyone else has blacked out...

• Like 1

Holy crap, I don't think I've had more of a journey getting a disc in my life. Just outside toronto went to an hmv and the guy said they were sold out the moment the doors opened at 10:00, luckily another location 20 minutes away had plenty. Needless to say the product of course is well worth the time and money spent, lol. Superb quality both audio/visual, reminds me of the TMT blu ray.

Of course would have been great getting some behind the scenes stuff mainly some type of documentary. Could someone refresh my memory on this documentary that was shot during the tour and what exactly it encompassed?

The only extras I liked on past dvds were the behind the scenes docs like on rio and clockwork. Could care less when they add all that family guy, south park, funny clips just as add-ons, they are useless. But the clockwork doc was great.

From hearing all this it's pretty disappointing. I was thinking about going out today and picking it up if the reviews were good, but if all of those mistakes were left in it's going to be really upsetting to listen to.

It is really good----believe me. :rush:

Agree. I don't care about the mistakes. Glad I am working from home today and I have the house to myself. Our cats are hiding somewhere due to the volume coming out of the stereo. Get the CDs!!

• Like 1

I got mine from Best Buy in Highland Indiana this morning! Bluray with the flashlight( odd souviner)!

Just in case the power goes out you can use the flashlight to read the liner notes.

• Like 2

Just in case the power goes out you can use the flashlight to read the liner notes.

In that case, a little magnifying glass should have been included as well. You know, like the ones you'd get in a box of Cracker Jacks?

• Like 1