CP R.I.P.

edhunter

Most discussion there is not characterised by homophobia and most people there would take issue with serious homophobic comments if they were to arise. If you're referring to things being referred to as "ghey" and so on I must admit that is not uncommon. Oh yes and heterosexual people there do flirt with people of the same gender in an overtly sexual manner, for laughs. But they mean no harm.

It's an odd generational thing .. for some reason people in their '40s and '50s can find homosexuality intensely funny. I'm not defending it; just an observation.

• Like 2

In the few weeks since I first started coming back here, it's been a lot better than it was years ago. Although I do seem to have gotten under the skin of one particularly obsessed lunatic. That annoyance has been resolved. Edited by edhunter

Looks like the board has either crashed again, or Fenderjazz has followed through on his threats to shut it down.

If so, it was fun while it lasted. There was less activity there, but better quality posting than TRF. And the flame wars were epic!

Jim literally pulled the plug on CP! "Just kidding!" Love Johnny "Airplane!"

Most discussion there is not characterised by homophobia and most people there would take issue with serious homophobic comments if they were to arise. If you're referring to things being referred to as "ghey" and so on I must admit that is not uncommon. Oh yes and heterosexual people there do flirt with people of the same gender in an overtly sexual manner, for laughs. But they mean no harm.

It's an odd generational thing .. for some reason people in their '40s and '50s can find homosexuality intensely funny. I'm not defending it; just an observation.

You get me so hot when you talk like this!

• Like 1

For many of us, our first experience with the gay world was seeing The Village People on TV. After that, it couldn't be helped...

• Like 2

I joined CP in 2002, right after I moved back to Connecticut from Hell. There were a lot of great personalities, some of which are still there. Only 3 of the Brit trolls are still there. I think NickSlick was here for a while. I've had flame wars with folks there that I get along greatly with now. Again, you just needed a little thicker skin.

Were you ATW from the beginning or did you have a different user name? I seem to remember already being there when you showed up, but I don't remember being there as early as 2002.

To be honest, I'm not 100% sure if I started with ATW. I remember threads about Rush's first show at Mohegan Sun, because I was blown away that they were playing my little backwoods hometown.

I may have actually started out there as edhunter. But because of the crashes, there's no way to know for sure.

Since I practically lived at CP from 2002-2004, I remember an edhunter wayyyy back. I had no clue you and ATW were the same.

I think it's kinda petty and weak for people who know little to nothing about CP to be bashing it. Sure, I've had plenty of issues there, but it was a great place in its heyday. It's pretty bare bones nowadays, and the Rush discussion is much better here these days. Both boards have, and deserve their own place in the Rush online world without having to bash/compete with the other.
  • Like 5

:wave:

Hi - I'm grep from CP. Long time member over there.

While I get what everyone says about the Rudy drama, and the board wars and stuff. CP has it's own culture - and I find it quite a fun place. Quite the biker-bar. Or maybe a weird place in Greeenwich Village.

All I'm saying is, don't diss us too much. We've jsut got our own thing going on. I really don't expect everyone to get it... nothing wrong with not getting it. But we all can't like every type of humor, or whatever.

Peace guys. It's good to see this board here, thriving.

• Like 4

CP SUCKS!

I remember the classless cronies invading this board way back when. Bunch of bottom feeding lowlifes.

(I'm just stirring the pot, some of them actually eat from the middle)

Hello. :)

• Like 1

It was my home on the Internet for around 12 years. I posted there multiple times a day pretty much every day of the week during that period. I loved that place.

Well come on back 10010001 . Or whatever you call yourself these days.

Once FJ gets the board running again that is.

• Like 1

While I get what everyone says about the Rudy drama, and the board wars and stuff. CP has it's own culture - and I find it quite a fun place. Quite the biker-bar. Or maybe a weird place in Greeenwich Village.

All I'm saying is, don't diss us too much. We've jsut got our own thing going on. I really don't expect everyone to get it... nothing wrong with not getting it. But we all can't like every type of humor, or whatever.

I actually quite liked it at the beginning,,,think I initially joined sometime in 2003.

Never understood the I'm Bored shit, but each to their own...quite a few keyboard warriors there, felt like being savaged by excitable puppies.

I remember the political subforums being much less partisan than they are here, with some really good debate on both sides.

The few years I was there between '01-'04 (I think it was) seemed drastically different compared to when I sporadically visited between '08-'13. When I rip on CP it's these latter years that I rip on. Those first few years were quite decent and was the bridge between the Geddy Lee board and TRF for me.

Go back to your hole from where you came and take your damn droids with you. We don't sevre there kind here!

• Like 2

I think it's kinda petty and weak for people who know little to nothing about CP to be bashing it. Sure, I've had plenty of issues there, but it was a great place in its heyday. It's pretty bare bones nowadays, and the Rush discussion is much better here these days. Both boards have, and deserve their own place in the Rush online world without having to bash/compete with the other.

Oh I know CP very well. I joined it like 7 years ago. To be honest back then I was still getting my feet wet over here. Many bullied me and ripped me apart for being different with my posting and writing skills. Still I still found a reason for coming back here. Now I've made a plethora of friends. You CP cats know what the word "plethora" means right? Even the admins here tolerate my bantering bullshit of fun!

I was on CP for a week and I fell asleep at the key"BORED" on there.

To each their own. I have no ill will towards CP. My loyalty is here.

What the hell does CP stand for anyway?

CP-30? LOL!

What? An ex CP forum member told me it means:

CLUELESS POSTERS!

Have a great night!

I would never go over on CP to start shit.

And I thought I was the most immature poster here. I mean poser.

Rush sucks! Overrated garbage!

I've seen them 60 times in my life. I want a refund!!!

Hey John Rogers! They serve their kind at the Cantina Bar.

Signed,

GREEDO

May The Farce Be With You CP Hijackers!

Edited by RUSHHEAD666
  • Like 2

To quote a Marillion song, "Just For The Record," 73 is the only Admin on this Forum who still communicates with me. To that I tip my "Presto" hat. I know we will never become close friends but I know that you are a good man. You run a very good ship here. Glad to still be aboard sir.

As for the others?

Continue to "Freeze" and "Hold Your Fire." LOL!

To quote a Marillion song, "Just For The Record," 73 is the only Admin on this Forum who still communicates with me. To that I tip my "Presto" hat. I know we will never become close friends but I know that you are a good man. You run a very good ship here. Glad to still be aboard sir.

As for the others?

Continue to "Freeze" and "Hold Your Fire." LOL!

Whenever some idiocy or petty bickering comes up on TRF, I imagine 73 going to his backyard and doing this while screaming, "Stupid forum! Stupid posters! Stupid!!! Stupid!!! Stupid!!! Why do I continue?! Why?!! Why?!! Why?!!"

http://www.thoughtsfrommylife.com/photos/jamie_axe.jpg

• Like 1

Hahaha!!!!

That pic reminds me of that commercial with JJ Watt!!

If Watt was the Admin on the Rush Form he would wear number 73!!!

Lol

Signed

99 Problems but an Earl ain't one!!

I hope by now most of you get me

Rush On

Rush Off

Edited by RUSHHEAD666
  • Like 1

Hahaha!!!!

Lol

Signed

Rush On

Rush Off

Earl, I've always got you. You are a funny, entertaining good guy.

That doesn't excuse you when you cross the line (nor me or anyone) and taking offence because others have taken offence at something you wrote is childish. To err is to be human. To arr is to be pirate.

I piss people off on this forum daily, sometimes hourly. You do it occasionally. It's not the end of the world and you do not need to spend a week justifying yourself. I am not the source of whatever malaise you are suffering from at the moment, that is clearly something in your personal life. I've done far worse things on here and still manage to have nearly 5000 "likes" against my posts. You've probably got 10 x that.

You're a funny guy Earl.

Signed

Henry Hill.

• Like 1

Hahaha!!!!

Lol

Signed

Rush On

Rush Off

Earl, I've always got you. You are a funny, entertaining good guy.

That doesn't excuse you when you cross the line (nor me or anyone) and taking offence because others have taken offence at something you wrote is childish. To err is to be human. To arr is to be pirate.

I piss people off on this forum daily, sometimes hourly. You do it occasionally. It's not the end of the world and you do not need to spend a week justifying yourself. I am not the source of whatever malaise you are suffering from at the moment, that is clearly something in your personal life. I've done far worse things on here and still manage to have nearly 5000 "likes" against my posts. You've probably got 10 x that.

You're a funny guy Earl.

Signed

Henry Hill.

What the F#CK are you doing?!?! Trying to take all my entertainment away? :P
  • Like 1