CP R.I.P.

edhunter

Looks like the board has either crashed again, or Fenderjazz has followed through on his threats to shut it down.

If so, it was fun while it lasted. There was less activity there, but better quality posting than TRF. And the flame wars were epic!

• Like 1

I've been there and it's no real loss.

There are other places to go if you really need to read homophobic slurs, and I'm sure somewhere they're just as crude, though that might require some searching.

• Like 10

Looks like the board has either crashed again, or Fenderjazz has followed through on his threats to shut it down.

If so, it was fun while it lasted. There was less activity there, but better quality posting than TRF. And the flame wars were epic!

"Better quality posting", eh? The last few times I went there a couple of years ago ((but I was a member between something like 2001-2004)) "better quality posting" seemed to consist of ripping on each other in a nasty, no holds barred manner...I guess if you like that sort of thing.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze
  • Like 3

[foxworthy voice]If you think using the word "cumguzzler" is a creative insult, you might be a CP poster.[/foxworthy voice]
  • Like 10

There are other places to go if you really need to read homophobic slurs, and I'm sure somewhere they're just as crude, though that might require some searching.

It's a shame. Not been the same for a couple of years. Credit to Joe for trying to keep it going.

• Like 1

In its heyday it was a fantastic forum if you were of a certain disposition. I understand why some people thought it was too much but if you could laugh at yourself as will as dishing out it was often an exhilarating place to be.
  • Like 7

You got that right! I've been a member of the Homophobic Slurs forum for years and that blows CP away.
  • Like 3

The pathological feud with Rudy from Tri-Net was an absolute disgrace. A plague on both their houses.

I would have never survived there from what I have heard. That much I do know...

First, find the nearest swamp to your house. Second, strip. Third, walk into the swamp. Next, even if it's too muddy or if there's a snake biting your ass or an alligator about to chomp on your sack, keep going deeper into the swamp. You MIGHT get lucky and not encounter a snake or alligator but it will stink and it will be a plodding, mucky mess. This is what you missed.

((Disclaimer: This is in no way meant to be a slight on swamps. I actually like those places. :blaze: ))

• Like 4

It's a wonderful place! You just need a thick skin and to not be a slobbering fanboy.

The thing is, it wasn't like that in the beginning. And I'm not sure why or how it became like that.

But I joined there around the time or right after the My Favorite Headache board was around.

I would have never survived there from what I have heard. That much I do know...

First, find the nearest swamp to your house. Second, strip. Third, walk into the swamp. Next, even if it's too muddy or if there's a snake biting your ass or an alligator about to chomp on your sack, keep going deeper into the swamp. You MIGHT get lucky and not encounter a snake or alligator but it will stink and it will be a plodding, mucky mess. This is what you missed.

((Disclaimer: This is in no way meant to be a slight on swamps. I actually like those places. :blaze: ))

:laughing guy: ...
  • Like 1

The pathological feud with Rudy from Tri-Net was an absolute disgrace. A plague on both their houses.

If you knew the full backstory of the underhanded things Rudy did to CP, you might have some empathy for the site.

I did say "a plague on BOTH their houses."

Rudy was a total dooshbag, but the very public war with him was shameful. CP basically stooped to his level. They should have taken the high road and kept the site about Rush.....and not about him.

I'm an old time member of CP, often known as the biker bar of forums for its openness of free expression. Yeah, Rudy was the super fan that we all hate to associate with and made life miserable for Ken and Julie during the early years of CP. I left a while ago and haven't been back, but I've made some friends over there and we keep in touch on FB or at RushCon.
  • Like 5

I think I signed up there right before I signed up here. I could never seem to find my comfort zone there, so I rarely visit(ed). It's too bad.

Likewise. I had a handful of posts, and everyone was always nice to me, but I just never quite found my groove there.

A lot of very funny, quick-witted people there, though. But I have a somewhat raunchy sense of humor anyway,

• Like 2