R40 - XANADUUUUU

puffyshirt

Really, guys? :wtf: The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence, isn't it? :sigh: :facepalm:

Are you,

Speaking about specific people?

I'm just saying that I see no reason to complain. Am I speaking of specific people? Yes. Am I being hypocritical? Maybe. :laughing guy:

• Like 1

I think we ought to have a TRF National Xanadu Day.

I second that! :yes:

We can choose a day and do it - TRF's 1st Annual National Xanadu Day. For Xanadu lovers only. No naysayers or parade rainers or Xanadu dislikes/haters allowed . We can listen to nothing but Xanadu. All day. :)

There's enough versions of it, that's for sure. :LOL:

• Like 3

Singing isn't too good and I'm not sure what anyone means by it being the best recorded version of Xanadu. The are some really annoying cuts to those two MP blokes moving amps. Why do we need to see that? It just detracts from the visual performance.

C+

I saw Xanadu in the 70s, you guys are nuts if you think that concoction for R40 is better.

So far none of the R40 videos have been examples of stand-out performances. I get that people were hyped for the tour since the word on the street was that it was going to be their last, and who wouldn't like to think that somehow Rush was going to turn in finale performances that were somehow a cut above, but it seems like the "liking to think that" has somehow translated to "they actually did".

That was an off night. The last few weeks of the tour were in a higher gear. Unfortunately, that was the date that was picked to record and a lot of the earlier shows just weren't that great. Unfortunately, many will judge the band based on this DVD. That's just the way it is.

We can choose a day and do it - TRF's 1st Annual National Xanadu Day. For Xanadu lovers only. No naysayers or parade rainers or Xanadu dislikes/haters allowed . We can listen to nothing but Xanadu. All day. :)

Jake,

Will lead the charge! :codger: :7up: :D

• Like 1

Really, guys? :wtf: The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence, isn't it? :sigh: :facepalm:

Are you,

Speaking about specific people?

I'm just saying that I see no reason to complain. Am I speaking of specific people? Yes. Am I being hypocritical? Maybe. :laughing guy:

I know,

Just messing with you. I for one am not complaining. :geddy: :geddy: :geddy: :haz: :rush:

Jake,

Will lead the charge! :codger: :7up: :D

I will put on my Jake t-shirt for the occasion. :)

• Like 1

How can you like rush and not love Xanadu?

How can you like rush and not love Xanadu?

:huh:

Don't ask me. I've wondered that myself. But some don't care much for the song.

My go to version of Xanadu is the arrangement on the Counterparts tour. Been that way for 20 years. I've never (before or since) felt like the arena was going to lift off like I did on that tour.

This version wasn't going to change that.

I probably said this in the Periscope threads, but the set didn't start to go downhill for me until Hemispheres and before (save for a few highlights.) It wasn't a big deal. I still enjoyed the hell out of it, but it was kind of noticeable to me. I understand why it was done and they gave it one last kick and this is it...

I'm fine with it in the grand scheme...

Well I just came back from watching the complete dvd and I think it's great. Sound/mix is very good, the cutting is great - like a fan of the band edited this thing. Nice shots from the stage too. I saw the first nght in Toronto and as far as I can tell they used the entire 2nd night. There may be bits of the first night but I couldn't tell. They made the right decision, the first night had a few blunders and didn't seem to have the energy, plus 2nd night had a better set list and Losing It! Geddy's voice is as good as we can reasonably expect. No complaints by me - I'll be getting this ASAP.

July 11 or November 7 would be apt.

And I also have to laugh at how these exchanges with jarg always go

Jarg: I saw the hemispheres tour. If you had too you'd know they've sucked for decades

Someone else: I liked it and I saw hemispheres and a few tours before that

Jarg: fanboy!

even though I wish jarg would drink a beer, relax and realize that live rock shows are not supposed to be guitar clinics, I also don't dig the animosity jarg is met with by weirdo fans who seem to think Neil will read these threads and think to himself, "now there's a real fan. Thanks for standing up for me."

• Like 1

Jarg: I saw the hemispheres tour. If you had too you'd know they've sucked for decades

It's true I did see the Hemispheres tour, but I draw the line where Rush should have hung it up much later than that. ;)

Well I just came back from watching the complete dvd and I think it's great. Sound/mix is very good, the cutting is great - like a fan of the band edited this thing. Nice shots from the stage too. I saw the first nght in Toronto and as far as I can tell they used the entire 2nd night. There may be bits of the first night but I couldn't tell. They made the right decision, the first night had a few blunders and didn't seem to have the energy, plus 2nd night had a better set list and Losing It! Geddy's voice is as good as we can reasonably expect. No complaints by me - I'll be getting this ASAP.

Where did you watch it. Is it online?

It's true I did see the Hemispheres tour, but I draw the line where Rush should have hung it up much later than that. ;)

1980? :D

• Like 1

1980? :D

You remind me so much of me when I was your age. :)

• Like 1