TOOL TOUR - 2016

custom55

Those lucky cities will get their first taste of Tool in years, while the rest of the U.S. will surely keep their fingers crossed. Tickets for the announced shows will go on sale Nov. 20. Check out the announced dates below.

Tool 2016 U.S. Tour Dates:

01/09 – San Diego, Calif. @ Viejas Arena

01/13 – San Antonio, Texas @ AT&T Center

01/16 – Tulsa, Okla. @ BOK Center

01/17 – Grand Prairie, Texas (Dallas) @ Verizon Theatre

01/19 – Southaven, Miss. (Memphis) @ Landers Center

01/23 – Nashville, Tenn. @ Bridgestone Arena

01/25 – Atlanta, Ga. @ Infinite Energy Center

01/26 – Charlotte, N.C. @ Bojangles Coliseum

Edited by custom55
  • Like 3

Surely there will be more dates since that is one side of the country to the other. Be pretty expensive for them to not throw in more shows.

Surely there will be more dates since that is one side of the country to the other. Be pretty expensive for them to not throw in more shows.

maynard's not exactly the most practical businessman in rock. everything he does seems calculated to piss off his fanbase. :LOL:

• Like 2

Those lucky cities will get their first taste of Tool in years, while the rest of the U.S. will surely keep their fingers crossed. Tickets for the announced shows will go on sale Nov. 20. Check out the announced dates below.

Of course they are passing up the Bay Area. UGH!

I've seen them enough so I will live. I saw TOOL on a side stage a Lollapalooza when they were no one.

I knew they were going to AWESOME!

• Like 1

Of course they are passing up the Bay Area. UGH!

I've seen them enough so I will live. I saw TOOL on a side stage a Lollapalooza when they were no one.

I knew they were going to AWESOME!

my dad saw them in some small club before undertow came out! crazy

• Like 1

They played a gig last month and this is a new song. I guess.

http://youtu.be/_LvAPabwDGg

Boy is that boring. Might as well just play a 10 second looping track through the entire thing.

Agreed. What starts as 'atmospheric' soon becomes self-indulgent noodling and a beer break. When they ended the song, it was like 'is that it? where's the big melt your face finish?'

That was as satisfying as 20 seconds of masturbation.

Edited by 2112FirstStreet
  • Like 1

There is a show here tonight but I am going tomorrow which will be the second show of the tour.

*SPOILERS BELOW*

They played Descending on Wednesday. It's a much better tune the way it was utilized between songs in the show, and it's been altered a bit since the recorded version above.

I missed the second night. They played Sweat, which hasn't been played since 1998, according to several sources I've seen.

Oh, and they really seem to like No Quarter. They played it both nights as the opener.

I saw TOOL and PRIMUS in Orlando last night - it was great to see TWO of my favorite drummers at the same show (and across the street from my house!) I've seen Tool a number of times since Aenima tour (most notably an amazing show in Paris in 2001!) but I was pretty disappointed with their last run through town in 2012. At that time they seemed to be going through the motions. Last night, however, they were on their game (despite a couple technical glitches). The energy was through-the-roof. The video presentation was massive. Danny was an absolute beast on the kit - incorporating some cool electronics and finally a proper drum solo. Justin was incredible as well; Maynard was low in the mix (not sure his pipes are up to it to be honest). The setlist is well documented online - fairly standard with a nice rarity thrown in. But they did some interesting jams - including the new piece (Descending) which was even more developed than I had seen on youtube clips of previous versions. Primus was great as well - another band I had followed since their beginnings. Les Claypool did not disappoint (Herb and Larry were great as well!) All in all a great show - I was still buzzing late into the morning yet managed to get up early for a meeting at work.... reeling now!

:dweez: -> :16ton: -> :hockeygoon:

Edited by cygnify
  • Like 3