Geddy on touring again: "It doesn't look good at this point"

zappafrank

who cares about them touring again. they are old and ged cant sing anymore. they even announced this as a going away tour. let it go.. enjoy what they left us.. stop with the touring and over charging us and having to deal with all the drunk fans and outrageous parking fees. stop stop stop...
  • Like 1

who cares about them touring again. they are old and ged cant sing anymore. they even announced this as a going away tour. let it go.. enjoy what they left us.. stop with the touring and over charging us and having to deal with all the drunk fans and outrageous parking fees. stop stop stop...

Ok you posted that here AND started a special whole new thread?

Slow news day huh.

• Like 3

I agree. Very nice last tour. Time to find other live acts. It's ok to love Rush forever, i know i will.

No one is making you go to the shows. :LOL:

• Like 8

But then he'd miss out on all that stuff to bitch about!

• Like 3

But then he'd miss out on all that stuff to bitch about!

Let's all pick on Neil!!!! Sigh.

who cares about them touring again.

Thousands of people. Rush fans...some don't care about another tour, some are just grateful that they got to see them at all (but would easily see them again), and some are lusting over the slightest possibility of more gigs (whatever the situation).

"Who cares about them touring again"? ---> enough to fill concert halls again that's for sure.

• Like 1

who cares about them touring again. they are old and ged cant sing anymore...

Geddy sang better this past tour than the two tours before it. So yeah, there's that.

With songs magnitudes harder for him to sing than most of the stuff on the last two tours. Even Hemispheres tuned down a full step has got to be f***ing brutal.

I was even lucky enough to see them in KC after they had a week off to rejuvenate. He sang his balls off on Lakeside Park.

• Like 1

Geddy sang better this past tour than the two tours before it. So yeah, there's that.

Not entirely sure that position applies to everyone. I can't remember the finer points of Ged's vocals during my CA and TM shows too well, but off-hand I'm thinking R40 and TM vocals were tied, with CA slightly losing. Just one TRF'ers opinion however.

And I'm happy I saw them 4 times. That's 1, 2, 3, and 4 more shows than many members here got to see. It was an honor to give you ~$280, Rush (and Ticketmaster..). :cheers:

Who cares aboot your opinion and poor grammar?

• Like 3

I really don't know why many of you can't let it go.

RUSH IS DONE!

That's fine with me actually. It's the "who cares" that's incorrect because clearly, many do care.

Worse though is the opinion from some that Peart has to come clean about retiring definitively or not. As if "I don't know/I'm not sure" isn't an answer. Cry baby bollocks.

http://www.xboxic.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/03/crying_baby.jpg

"PLEASE, Neil! I need to know FOR SURE if you're going to retire or not! I NEED to know if this is truly the end! I NEED to plan my cd listening schedule for the next half decade! I NEED to know what kind of corn flakes you have in the morning! I need to know EXACTLY how long it takes for you to take a piss in the morning on Wednesdays!"

• Like 4

Parking fees? Wow, I dont fknow if I've ever had to pay to park at a concert.

#ThanksNeil

I legitimatley hope Geddy and Alex form a new band by themselves with a new drummer. That way Neil can be happy with his Rush-free life and Geddy and Alex can perform onstage happy with theirs. They can do songs they haven't done in a long time like Bastille Day and Fly By Night. They can do songs they haven't performed live ever like Different Strings and Emotion Detector. They can tour in small, intimate venues and give Rush fans an experience they will never forget.

Edited by fraroc

Considering he had a year off and a relatively short tour also guarantees that if he ever plays live again, he'll continue that streak

Parking fees? Wow, I dont fknow if I've ever had to pay to park at a concert.

Depends on where you see them. First Niagara Center and Darien Lake Performing Arts Center both charge $20 to park for an event

I totally agree. R40 Ged vocals were awesome! I was impressed. "Cockwork Angels" vocals were the worst.

Blah Blah Blah Blah.... Blah Blah

• Like 1

#ThanksNeil

I legitimatley hope Geddy and Alex form a new band by themselves with a new drummer. That way Neil can be happy with his Rush-free life and Geddy and Alex can perform onstage happy with theirs. They can do songs they haven't done in a long time like Bastille Day and Fly By Night. They can do songs they haven't performed live ever like Different Strings and Emotion Detector. They can tour in small, intimate venues and give Rush fans an experience they will never forget.

While that may happen. the band won't be called Rush. Just sayin'

• Like 1

#ThanksNeil

Without Neil they will be playing MUCH smaller venues.