Ted Nugent - A Tale of Two Teds

The Cat 3

Straying from Ted for a minute, but somewhat related -

Are there artists or people who have done things in their personal life that have completely lost you, despite the fact that you once enjoyed their work ??

I have always loved Woody Allen, and truth be told, I don't think what he did was all that bad

Roman Polanski, on the other hand, committed a serious offense - but I still can't help but love The Tenant, Repulsion and Rosemary's Baby . .

yeah, I don't care about allen's weirdness. the only people who give him shit for that are the people who can't understand his movies. not enough people getting hit in the balls in a woody allen flick for the average guy to dig it.

Woody's early flicks were full of slapstick. Of those, only Sleeper is watchable for me. But I love his later stuff. Zelig and Deconstructing Harry are two of my favs.

It's funny how artists who spout mindless liberal blather, truly understanding none of it, don't get the blowback Ted receives for his politics.

Double Live Gonzo SHOULD be required listening. Ted was a fantastic no frills rocker.

I doubt I agree with them either.

I don't know, but my point is more whether you can think of one such artist as readily as you likely think of Ted and conservatism?

Bono & economic liberalism? Sinead O'Connor and religious liberalism? Bruce Springsteen and social liberalism? Barbra Streisand and feminist liberalism?

Katy Perry and blind allegiance to Hillary?

http://media.giphy.com/media/UKQ51IKW6hUt2/giphy.gif

I had her pegged as a conservative...

2015-10-24T230937Z_216596430_GF20000031491_RTRMADP_3_USA-ELECTION-DEMOCRATS.jpg

Color me shocked.

:facepalm:

My family moved to Michigan from New York in 1978 when I was 15 and we lived there until 1981.

One of the artists that dropped off my radar screen over the years is Ted Nugent.

In Michigan in the late 1970's, Ted Nugent was pretty much required listening.

I don't think there was a single man, woman, child, dog or cat that didn't own a copy of "Double Live Gonzo". (Along with Bob Seger's "Live Bullet" and REO's "Live You Get What You Play For").

Myself included...and I've forgotten just how much his music had been part of the soundtrack of that time in my life.

The other thing that I had forgotten is just how good of guitar player he is.

If you can divorce him from his politics and antics and give his music an honest listen I think you'll agree just how impressive his music was from 1975 to 1981.

He toured constantly and released a studio album every year and two live albums along the way.

(Ted Nugent / Free For All / Cat Scratch Fever / Double Live Gonzo / Weekend Warriors / State of Shock / Scream Dream / Intensities in 10 Cities)

The first four multi-platinum, the remaining platinum and gold.

I saw him in December of 1978 (with The Cars opening) and Pontiac Silverdome at the height of his career...the show was just amazing.

Check out the studio version of "Stranglehold" below.

So, what your musical, (not political, etc.) thoughts about the Motor City Madman?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0c3d7QgZr7g

Killer tune!!!!!!!
  • Like 1

My family moved to Michigan from New York in 1978 when I was 15 and we lived there until 1981.

One of the artists that dropped off my radar screen over the years is Ted Nugent.

In Michigan in the late 1970's, Ted Nugent was pretty much required listening.

I don't think there was a single man, woman, child, dog or cat that didn't own a copy of "Double Live Gonzo". (Along with Bob Seger's "Live Bullet" and REO's "Live You Get What You Play For").

Myself included...and I've forgotten just how much his music had been part of the soundtrack of that time in my life.

The other thing that I had forgotten is just how good of guitar player he is.

If you can divorce him from his politics and antics and give his music an honest listen I think you'll agree just how impressive his music was from 1975 to 1981.

He toured constantly and released a studio album every year and two live albums along the way.

(Ted Nugent / Free For All / Cat Scratch Fever / Double Live Gonzo / Weekend Warriors / State of Shock / Scream Dream / Intensities in 10 Cities)

The first four multi-platinum, the remaining platinum and gold.

I saw him in December of 1978 (with The Cars opening) and Pontiac Silverdome at the height of his career...the show was just amazing.

Check out the studio version of "Stranglehold" below.

So, what your musical, (not political, etc.) thoughts about the Motor City Madman?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0c3d7QgZr7g

Killer tune!!!!!!!

:haz:
  • Like 1