Ted Nugent - A Tale of Two Teds

The Cat 3

I grew up in the county in Michigan were Ted had his spread. My best friend in high school tried to pick up girls with the line of 'yeah I live close to Ted...you can hear him practice at night from our back porch.' Yeah, that never worked for him.

Admitedly good material up to the mid 80s, then became a retread in terms of new or interesting material. Interesting, that happened about the same time that he expanded his hunting and political views. At this point, I have no use for his material...I've had a lifetime of it already and I find his political and world views abhorant. He's the definition of 'rock dinosaur'.

Edited by 2112FirstStreet

It's funny how artists who spout mindless liberal blather, truly understanding none of it, don't get the blowback Ted receives for his politics.

Double Live Gonzo SHOULD be required listening. Ted was a fantastic no frills rocker.

I doubt I agree with them either.

I don't know, but my point is more whether you can think of one such artist as readily as you likely think of Ted and conservatism?

Bono & economic liberalism? Sinead O'Connor and religious liberalism? Bruce Springsteen and social liberalism? Barbra Streisand and feminist liberalism?

Exactly. These types are naive and fodder to be made fun of on South Park and can be very annoying.

• Like 1

Love him,

And his politics. I would be on his side if and when the sh** hits the fan! :madra:

BTW,

My first ever concert. :codger:

Same with me! I love his music, agree with his political views, and he was my first concert, too!

"I have obviously failed to galvanize and prod, if not shame enough Americans to be ever vigilant not to let a Chicago communist-raised, communist-educated, communist-nurtured subhuman mongrel like the ACORN community organizer gangster Barack Hussein Obama to weasel his way into the top office of authority in the United States of America"

"Obama's a piece of shit, and I told him to suck on my machine gun."

"If Barack Obama becomes the president in November, again, I will either be dead or in jail by this time next year."[

Great politics...

:facepalm:

Yeah, I don't understand how anyone would agree with any of this nonsense.

You,

Mean the piece of sh** in the WH? :LOL:

Personally, it's not the politics. It's how he expresses his views. Uncensored. Insulting. Crude. Hurtful. With that said, those who have the opposite views are just as bad in expressing opinions. It's all perspective.

You forgot Peartian.

• Like 1

Personally, it's not the politics. It's how he expresses his views. Uncensored. Insulting. Crude. Hurtful. With that said, those who have the opposite views are just as bad in expressing opinions. It's all perspective.

You forgot Peartian.

i guess I don't have Mr. Peart's sensibility.

• Like 1

His old stuff rips but his music has sucked since the 80's. In a major way.

He reminds me of a redneck Madonna. Past their prime and seeking publicity in anyway they can. Imo he has tarnished his image and then there are those unsavory stories about his past...

Anyways rattle my snake!

• Like 1

Love him,

And his politics. I would be on his side if and when the sh** hits the fan! :madra:

BTW,

My first ever concert. :codger:

Same with me! I love his music, agree with his political views, and he was my first concert, too!

"I have obviously failed to galvanize and prod, if not shame enough Americans to be ever vigilant not to let a Chicago communist-raised, communist-educated, communist-nurtured subhuman mongrel like the ACORN community organizer gangster Barack Hussein Obama to weasel his way into the top office of authority in the United States of America"

"Obama's a piece of shit, and I told him to suck on my machine gun."

"If Barack Obama becomes the president in November, again, I will either be dead or in jail by this time next year."[

Great politics...

:facepalm:

Yeah, I don't understand how anyone would agree with any of this nonsense.

The same way anyone with even a little intelligence can find good with almost anyone. Heck, even Chuck Manson took care of his flock.

I don't agree with most of his politics, and he's a loud mouthed blowhard, but he does have some good points too. For one thing, he does a lot for veterans but he should stick to music and let the politics fade. Unfortunately, I don't think he's capable of that.

Is there anything more rock and roll than "anybody wants to get mellow you can turn around and get the f**k outta here"
  • Like 3

Is there anything more rock and roll than "anybody wants to get mellow you can turn around and get the f**k outta here"

No. However is there anything less rock and roll than ted jamming with mike huckabee...

:laughing guy:

• Like 1

It's funny how artists who spout mindless liberal blather, truly understanding none of it, don't get the blowback Ted receives for his politics.

Double Live Gonzo SHOULD be required listening. Ted was a fantastic no frills rocker.

I don't know, but my point is more whether you can think of one such artist as readily as you likely think of Ted and conservatism?

Bono & economic liberalism? Sinead O'Connor and religious liberalism? Bruce Springsteen and social liberalism? Barbra Streisand and feminist liberalism?

But none of them are ridiculed for those views the way Ted is.

• Like 3

You mean Ted hasn't been invited to speak at the JFK school of government like Babs has?

• Like 2

Front row, Pine Knob, 2013... one of the great concert experiences of my life! His "politics" are easily ignored but the Motor City Mad Man is still one of the hottest guitar players and showmen around! I wish I had seen him long ago but it felt like the current Ted is every bit the stage presence that he was in his younger days...

Rock ON!!!

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z33/bfwgjma/Ted%20Nugent%202013%20Pine%20Knob%202Aug/IMG_4202_zps5222fb3a.jpg

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z33/bfwgjma/Ted%20Nugent%202013%20Pine%20Knob%202Aug/IMG_4237_zps00167846.jpg

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z33/bfwgjma/Ted%20Nugent%202013%20Pine%20Knob%202Aug/IMG_4247_zps49d54774.jpg

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z33/bfwgjma/Ted%20Nugent%202013%20Pine%20Knob%202Aug/IMG_4278_zps4fefda44.jpg

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z33/bfwgjma/Ted%20Nugent%202013%20Pine%20Knob%202Aug/IMG_4110_zpsddd3a24b.jpg

Edited by Huge Ackman
  • Like 6

They are in conservative circles.
  • Like 2