CHICAGO FIRE! **2112** 11/17/15

BeOhBe Bob

Well that was exciting....not. :P

Yep. Next week I can go back to ignoring this show.

Seriously I wonder how things like this stay on the air when good shows get cancelled.

• Like 2

Funny bit about the one guy who said he used the lyrics from "The Trees" as a poem for a high school english class. The teacher thought he was a genius.

This is a pretty darn boring show. Not paying real close attention, I should admit. Maybe it's better than it seems.

Just now saw the scene with Al and Ged. They were pretty cool. (Of course!) Is that how Meet and Greets usually go? Guys turn into "deer-in-headlights" at the sight of their idols? I'd probably do the same!

Funny how when they take the photo, the big Rush fan ended up hidden in the back row with his eyes closed.

Pretty awesome of Al and Ged to do this cameo, and for the production crew/writers (etc.) of "Chicago Fire" to be big Rush fans themselves, wanting to do this.

• Like 2

Funny bit about the one guy who said he used the lyrics from "The Trees" as a poem for a high school english class. The teacher thought he was a genius.

This is a pretty darn boring show. Not paying real close attention, I should admit. Maybe it's better than it seems.

Just now saw the scene with Al and Ged. They were pretty cool. (Of course!) Is that how Meet and Greets usually go? Guys turn into "deer-in-headlights" at the sight of their idols? I'd probably do the same!

Funny how when they take the photo, the big Rush fan ended up hidden in the back row with his eyes closed.

Pretty awesome of Al and Ged to do this cameo, and for the production crew/writers (etc.) of "Chicago Fire" to be big Rush fans themselves, wanting to do this.

Someone must be a big Rush fan to write an entire episode about it.

• Like 1

Sad that Alex and Geddy were the best actors on the show. I do not see this show being around very long.

Its already in its 4th season.

Hahahaha...

Didn't NBC keep Community on for something like seven seasons?

Anyway, I should have paid more attention to this thread, earlier. I didn't realize what the deal was until now, and you guys are all talking about it.

I'm late to the party, as usual... :(

:LOL:

Sad that Alex and Geddy were the best actors on the show. I do not see this show being around very long.

Hahahaha...

Anyway, I should have paid more attention to this thread, earlier. I didn't realize what the deal was until now, and you guys are all talking about it.

And they mocked me for making three threads about it :LOL: Anyhoo yeah it WAS cheesy and to think it comes from the same crew that gives you LAW and ORDER MINDCRIME UNIT! Hey that biker that got hit? NEIL... you saw the dude's headgear didn't you? Neil's drummer crown? Oh the one dude was a protege' of HOUSE....but it was fun for a one and done

• Like 1

It was great to see the 2112 show and all the Rush references but that show had some of the worst acting I have ever seen. Never watched the show before and probably never will again. It felt like a daytime soap opera but during primetime!!
  • Like 1

Hahahaha...

And they mocked me for making three threads about it :LOL:

Yeah- I even saw two out of the three! :P

• Like 1

I watched the first couple of seasons and I swear the writing was better. Last night was kind of hokey. And if Mouch was such a big fan he would have already seen them when they swung through Chicago earlier in the tour.

Having the injured motorcyclist named Neil was a funny touch though.

Ged and Al were great, I wish they had more lines!

I was OK with them playing Limelight at the end. Very few people who watch that show would have recognized The Anarchist.

I was going to watch it but decided to sleep instead and catch it on demand or something. Is it worth the effort? Sounds not...

I pulled it off of the web...and slid through it for the Rush related parts...pretty cool that they did this because that's just not something Rush does, so.... (but yeah the Limelight thing was sort of lame)

I started watching this show when it first came on, and it got boring pretty quickly...friend of mine that's a retired fireman says that they don't know what they're talking about in a lot of cases from a fireman standpoint. (kind of like a friend that's an ER nurse who busted the hell out of Code Black when it first came on)

I was going to watch it but decided to sleep instead and catch it on demand or something. Is it worth the effort? Sounds not...

The Rush related parts were slightly interesting but Geddy and Alex were only on it for about 2 minutes. It was interesting to see it but otherwise the show sucked.

• Like 1

I think it's worth watching. Even if you're not crazy about the acting/theme of the show, there are plenty of "Rush-isms" throughout the show to make it interesting. Plus the end when you actually see Geddy and Alex. :)

The Rush related parts were slightly interesting but Geddy and Alex were only on it for about 2 minutes. It was interesting to see it but otherwise the show sucked.

I will probably pass on it then. One hour I will never get back if it sucks. Can't take that chance... :LOL:
  • Like 1

They didn't play Limelight this tour. So inaccurate, 0/10, will never watch again

I watched the first couple of seasons and I swear the writing was better. Last night was kind of hokey. And if Mouch was such a big fan he would have already seen them when they swung through Chicago earlier in the tour.

Having the injured motorcyclist named Neil was a funny touch though.

Ged and Al were great, I wish they had more lines!

I was OK with them playing Limelight at the end. Very few people who watch that show would have recognized The Anarchist.

I'm thinking maybe they had Limelight playing at the end so there were not any "spoilers" revealed for people who have been deliberately waiting for the DVD/BluRay release on Friday?? Am I overthinking this?? I can see them being that considerate. Limelight would be a surprise to no one . . .

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 2

Yeah, the Rush parts of it were fine, but the rest of the show had poor acting. Too many subplots.

Narps, I'd say watch it, but then delete it after seeing it. It's only good for one viewing.

• Like 2

Yeah, the Rush parts of it were fine, but the rest of the show had poor acting. Too many subplots.

Narps, I'd say watch it, but then delete it after seeing it. It's only good for one viewing.

I probably will. It isn't like I have much better to do anyway. Thanks...

I really enjoyed it.

Anyone notice the mention of Aerosmith, quickly followed by a comment along the lines that Rush is the best? "Musical heaven." (Apropos of Aerosmith's treatment of Rush in the 70's.)

I think it was Steven Tyler, not the other guys. He was reportedly a dick to a lot of bands back then, especially if he saw that the band had talent because he was jealous.

I'm glad to see I didn't miss anything. This should be my modus operandi in the future...let others waste their time watching something and respond according to their opinions. I suppose I'll check it out someday on youtube when I get tired of watching bulldogs on skateboards. If you want some more entertaining 'acting' with the boys, check Alex's episode on Trailer Park Boys or his various movie cameos. Edited by 2112FirstStreet