Prog Magazine Alex Interview

DirkPrattLerxst

https://www.teamrock...tionType=native

According to Alex, he feels like the R40 Tour was too short.

Translation: The wife is already getting on my nerves.

I get the feeling it's the other way around. :LOL:

Charlene: Dammit Alex can you turn it down just a little...you're scaring the dogs!

Charlene: Dammit Alex can you turn it down just a little...you're scaring the dogs!

It would be weird having him home after being on tour all those years.

• Like 1

Below the line is the "money quote". For Bard and all the other nay-sayers.......TOLD YOU SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-----------------------------------

Earlier in the tour you told Rolling Stone: “I don’t think that we’re having much difficulty thinking of it as possibly the last [tour].” Do you still feel that way?

I don’t know if I do still feel that way now. I thought the tour was great. I thought we played really well, the turnout was fantastic, I thought the set was great, the songs we chose were right. There was so much about it that was so positive and I think going into it there was the thought that this is the last one, a nice way to go out on top. But once we were in the middle of it or even towards the end of it, it seemed like it was just too short.

Edited by Ron2112

Below the line is the "money quote". For Bard and all the other nay-sayers.......TOLD YOU SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-----------------------------------

Earlier in the tour you told Rolling Stone: “I don’t think that we’re having much difficulty thinking of it as possibly the last [tour].” Do you still feel that way?

I don’t know if I do still feel that way now. I thought the tour was great. I thought we played really well, the turnout was fantastic, I thought the set was great, the songs we chose were right. There was so much about it that was so positive and I think going into it there was the thought that this is the last one, a nice way to go out on top. But once we were in the middle of it or even towards the end of it, it seemed like it was just too short.

Sure, but it seems to be mainly Neil who didn't want to go on any longer.

Justin Hayward's wife once said that they (the wives) develop their own lifestyle. They have to. It's either that or sit home and pine away for the husband. So because they do develop an independent life that doesn't include their husband at all, when the husband is home, he is, more or less, in the way.

• Like 2

Or something like this.

"Yeah, honey, that's hilarious. For about the thousandth time." :eyeroll: :facepalm:

:LOL:

http://www.thecanadianmusicscene.com/fadoo/alex_makeup_3.jpg

• Like 1

Justin Hayward's wife once said that they (the wives) develop their own lifestyle. They have to. It's either that or sit home and pine away for the husband. So because they do develop an independent life that doesn't include their husband at all, when the husband is home, he is, more or less, in the way.

Also you'd have to be a strong woman to be able to trust your husband while he's out on the road, though Rush most likely didn't have the amount of groupies that a band like KISS would have.

I would never have been able to do what some of these women have done. That's why I admire them so much.

I think Nancy once said it's not for every woman, and you do have to be a special type of woman to be able to do it. I've noticed that all of them who have managed to do it went out and found either their own career or a time-consuming interest and hobby.

• Like 1

I think Charlene actually finds Alex genuinely funny. Remember the Rio documentary when he came out of the bathroom with the paper toilet roll cover on his head and told her he was ready to go downstairs?

He said that in some interview...that was one reason they've stayed together all these years.

Alex is so sympathetic and open about things. An artist usually keeps notes and some material to work with later, anything is worthy. Maybe, from the smallest details there will be great songs.

Good to know he still will be playing no matter what. Great interview. :)

I think Charlene actually finds Alex genuinely funny. Remember the Rio documentary when he came out of the bathroom with the paper toilet roll cover on his head and told her he was ready to go downstairs?

Or his classic second hand smoking joke :smoke: