Best way to learn guitar?

Ventris

I'm thrilled to say after fooling around with guitars for the past 35 years doing simple songs from tablature, i have finally buckled down and paid for my first two months of Classical Guitar lessons. I've sold my electrics and amps and purchased a solid Cordoba and will fulfill my lifelong desire. :D I splurged and hooked up with a local masters graduate who was director of classical guitar at one of san diego's performing arts centers. I start this Friday

Off to my second lesson today. Learned a ton on my first visit. i already fell more comfortable floating my picking hand right above the strings. in just one week I have eliminated a ton of unnecessary hand flailing. Still working on the flying pinky though on the fret hand. Learned my first classical song - Andantino - yeah its a 1 on the 1-10 skill scale but that's what I am when it comes to classical.

I also realized there is a huge difference between Classical and Flamenco guitar. I always thought flamenco was just a style of flamenco boy was I wrong. I don't care for it at all. Not my cup of tea.

http://youtu.be/MbJsL1g2HLM

Yeah, it doesn't seem that tricky of a song, but I'll tell you right now, it would a buttload of practice before I could play it as well as that guy does.

:rfl: :rfl: :rfl: oh god no!!! Andantino in "C" I said a 1 on the 1-10 scale :LOL:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xo69qDf7Qyw

Edited by alphseeker

I'd like to learn how to play the guitar. It's probably more affordable than buying a drum set, plus I can't play when people are sleeping and in my house there's always at least one person who is.