Vapor Trail's production was actually good

AnEggplant

Meanwhile, after months of not posting I wrote up some killer post about VT and it got buried from all this crap! :LOL:

This post? That post is killer! Killer, I tells ya!

It is, dammit! lol I figure if I start acting like a petulant child I'd get a better response. :boohoo:

I read your post but I haven't heard the remix that you're talking about, so I didn't know what to respond to it. Is it available somewhere?

No worries, and I'm not sure if MITA has a way to make it available for download or whatever. If not, I can come up with something.

I sound like broken record but it's the Andy VanDette remaster you seek :)

Hook me up! :cheers:

Meanwhile, after months of not posting I wrote up some killer post about VT and it got buried from all this crap! :LOL:

It is, dammit! lol I figure if I start acting like a petulant child I'd get a better response. :boohoo:

I read your post but I haven't heard the remix that you're talking about, so I didn't know what to respond to it. Is it available somewhere?

No worries, and I'm not sure if MITA has a way to make it available for download or whatever. If not, I can come up with something.

I sound like broken record but it's the Andy VanDette remaster you seek :)

Hook me up! :cheers:

PM sent :cheers:

You want lessons Pags my man?

You're on!

Ok.

Listen up you idiots. Back in the day a guy going by the name MusicInTheAbstract (MitA) had a site where he posted all kinds of Rush oddities many of which he had salvaged himself using his own audio prowess. Any how, he, unlike some of the morons on here, knew that the original Vapor Trails release was f***ed up so he put hours and hours into putting it right - obviously he couldn't fix the shite songs on there just the shite production.

The site isn't up at the moment but undoubtedly there are some here who have a rip/copy of his handiwork. Meanwhile all those who think the original production is good can go f**k themselves.

Done.

Other than the 'shite songs' part (because I love them)... :notworthy:

You're on!

Ok.

Listen up you idiots. Back in the day a guy going by the name MusicInTheAbstract (MitA) had a site where he posted all kinds of Rush oddities many of which he had salvaged himself using his own audio prowess. Any how, he, unlike some of the morons on here, knew that the original Vapor Trails release was f***ed up so he put hours and hours into putting it right - obviously he couldn't fix the shite songs on there just the shite production.

The site isn't up at the moment but undoubtedly there are some here who have a rip/copy of his handiwork. Meanwhile all those who think the original production is good can go f**k themselves.

Done.

Meh. Milquetoast effort. Hardly any use of CAPS. :huh:

:P

Edited by goose

You're on!

Ok.

Done.

Meh. Milquetoast effort. Hardly any use of CAPS. :huh:

:P

Well the Ladyboy seems to have disappeared.

On a more pleasant note, I'm wondering when the Eggplant and the Ladbyboy are getting hitched. Keep us informed.

Meanwhile I'm thinking it's time to take out the trash.

I feel like I should just play along and keep you amused. A bit like Bruce Jenner did...

On a more pleasant note, I'm wondering when the Eggplant and the Ladbyboy are getting hitched. Keep us informed.

I feel like I should just play along and keep you amused. A bit like Bruce Jenner did...

Bring it Ting Tong.

• Like 1

Bring it Ting Tong.

Lemme shave first

But basically, Tony R...let's just be "civil" and get over yesterday.

MitA did it but of course distributing his remix would be breach of copyright so he couldn't flaunt it.

It was different to the eventual remix done for the band but whether it was better is a matter of taste.

The way I see it is that if you weren't a fan of the album then the band remix is probably as good as one could reasonably expect, whereas for many of those who persevered with the original and also liked the songs the remix takes something away - even though, as I keep labouring the point, the band never intended the original release to sound like that because they "broke" it.

That's not exactly true. Paul Northfield was the one that mixed it too loudly, not the band. Also it wouldn't necessarily be a breach of copyright as long as it wasn't being sold.

Geddy was the one who messed up the original digital recording, he himself said so. As for copyright, well I'm sure it also applies to unauthorised alteration...

http://www.musicintheabstract.org

Was the site but he's not resurrected it yet.

So Geddy mastered the entire original release of the album by himself? I hadn't heard that. Do you have a link to somewhere where he talks about it?

But basically, Tony R...let's just be "civil" and get over yesterday.

Not on your life.

Well OK. I can live with that.

I might forgive the production if the material didn't flat out suck.

i don't enjoy a single track.

How it is...........and how it ought to BEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

Mick

I'm way in the minority on this one but I absolutely love Out Of The Cradle.

Me too.

Out of the Cradle almost made my Rush top ten song list. Love that song.

• Like 2

MitA did it but of course distributing his remix would be breach of copyright so he couldn't flaunt it.

It was different to the eventual remix done for the band but whether it was better is a matter of taste.

The way I see it is that if you weren't a fan of the album then the band remix is probably as good as one could reasonably expect, whereas for many of those who persevered with the original and also liked the songs the remix takes something away - even though, as I keep labouring the point, the band never intended the original release to sound like that because they "broke" it.

That's not exactly true. Paul Northfield was the one that mixed it too loudly, not the band. Also it wouldn't necessarily be a breach of copyright as long as it wasn't being sold.

Geddy was the one who messed up the original digital recording, he himself said so. As for copyright, well I'm sure it also applies to unauthorised alteration...

http://www.musicintheabstract.org

Was the site but he's not resurrected it yet.

So Geddy mastered the entire original release of the album by himself? I hadn't heard that. Do you have a link to somewhere where he talks about it?

If I remember correctly Geddy signed off on the final master. He didn't actually master it himself.

• Like 1

This thread would make sense if the band didn't make changes and go on the record as saying they didn't like how it turned out.

Yeah I agree.

No wonder I hate this fukking record so much!

Even the boys hated it!

I am an Egoist!

I'm the biggest Rush Fan on the planet Earth!

My numbers don't lie.

Don't Tread On Me Posers!!!!

I'm the real deal!!

I'm kind of important!

Stay classy San Diego!

Love

Ron Burgundy

Hey Jim 73!!!

Glad everything is cool!!

I will never change!!!

I just won't put FUKK I. My thread headers!!!

Rush On!

Cheers!!!

• Like 1

This thread would make sense if the band didn't make changes and go on the record as saying they didn't like how it turned out.

The only way that this thread doesn't make sense is if good is an objective term defined by the author/creator of some artistic output. Fortunately, that idea is so monumentally stupid that it can be dismissed out of hand.

Vapor Trails-great album.

One thing that struck me about the Loudness Wars is that most albums were destroyed at the mastering desk whilst Vapor Trails was ruined by the recording process.

And rushgoober was a childish troll/bully. But there are other pricks here still.

This forum idolizes bullies.

"Idolizes"? That's one hell of an interpretation...er, exaggeration.

Goobs isn't here to defend himself. I understand the "childish" critique but "troll/bully" I don't. Ah well, that's another interpretation.

Goobs is a sensitive soul and to suggest he was a bully is ridiculous at best and probably libellous at worst.

Yeah, I agree. I said in this thread yesterday that I thought he could be a bit too sensitive at times but "bully" is a tag I'd never associate with him.

Goobs was guilty of shameless self-promotion and attention-seeking at times, and he caught flak for that, but no, not a bully. Underneath it all he was a good guy. We have a few people on this board right now whose penchant for drama and attention-seeking are worse than anything we saw from Goobs.

I never pumped a radio show on here but yeah I know I'm guilty of being an attention seeking self absorbed narcissist. Well sort of. Probably a reason why my marriage ended. Taking her around the country to see Rush for 20 years. It was all about ME ME ME! She never say "No Earl I don't want to go to Rush anymore!"

Anyway, I'm single and free! If I am one of those people you are referring to then I will gladly bow out.

No worries!

This place has been great therapy for me over the last three years of Hell.

Cheers!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80Hyz4pOXtE

:dweez: :haz: :haz: :haz: :dweez:

YOU RULE GOOSE!

Love ya buddy!

:hug2:

(no homo)

Hahaha! You know me man. Straight as an arrow! You know I love to hijack but my daughter who is a freshman i high school made VARSITY SOCCER!!!

Remember Goose! Rob said it all in Reno.

PT PR

POSITIVE THINKING POSITIVE RESULTS!!!!

Right on! And congrat's on your daughter's success.

Thanks amigo!!!!

One thing that struck me about the Loudness Wars is that most albums were destroyed at the mastering desk whilst Vapor Trails was ruined by the recording process.

And rushgoober was a childish troll/bully. But there are other pricks here still.

Goobs isn't here to defend himself. I understand the "childish" critique but "troll/bully" I don't. Ah well, that's another interpretation.

Goobs is a sensitive soul and to suggest he was a bully is ridiculous at best and probably libellous at worst.

Yeah, I agree. I said in this thread yesterday that I thought he could be a bit too sensitive at times but "bully" is a tag I'd never associate with him.

Goobs was guilty of shameless self-promotion and attention-seeking at times, and he caught flak for that, but no, not a bully. Underneath it all he was a good guy. We have a few people on this board right now whose penchant for drama and attention-seeking are worse than anything we saw from Goobs.

I never pumped a radio show on here but yeah I know I'm guilty of being an attention seeking self absorbed narcissist. Well sort of. Probably a reason why my marriage ended. Taking her around the country to see Rush for 20 years. It was all about ME ME ME! She never say "No Earl I don't want to go to Rush anymore!"

Anyway, I'm single and free! If I am one of those people you are referring to then I will gladly bow out.

No worries!

Cheers!

Earl, he ain't talkin bout you.

No, I ain't.

Earl, you're a piece of work, and once in a while your enthusiasm needs to be reigned in a bit (INAPPROPRIATE THREAD TITLES!!!), but "drama queen" or "attention-seeker" are not terms I would apply to you. :cheers:

Hahaha! "A Piece Of Work!" I've heard that a lot over the years! I prefer "Another Piece Of Meat!"

Love Always,

SCORPIONS

No worries!

Cheers!

No, I ain't.

Earl, you're a piece of work, and once in a while your enthusiasm needs to be reigned in a bit (INAPPROPRIATE THREAD TITLES!!!), but "drama queen" or "attention-seeker" are not terms I would apply to you. :cheers:

Hahaha! "A Piece Of Work!" I've heard that a lot over the years! I prefer "Another Piece Of Meat!"

Love Always,

SCORPIONS

Earl, this band, album, face, forks in the eyes, etc. ALL remind me of you! There's no one like you mofo!!!!

http://metal-2000.narod.ru/heavy/scorp/album_9/9.jpg

• Like 2

No worries!

Cheers!

No, I ain't.

Love Always,

SCORPIONS

Earl, this band, album, face, forks in the eyes, etc. ALL remind me of you! There's no one like you mofo!!!!

http://metal-2000.narod.ru/heavy/scorp/album_9/9.jpg

Hahahaha! I know I use the word "love" loosely on here but Johnny B I love you man! YOU ARE AWESOME!

Thanks for making me smile! Even with forks in my eyes! LOL!

Ironically I don't know what I would do without this Forum!

It's amazing how everyone is so fukking cool on here.

Hey Blaze!! Your'e "DYNAMITE!"

• Like 2