Vapor Trail's production was actually good

AnEggplant

I know, I know, but hear me out.

If that kind of production had been put to pretty much any other Rush album, I could see everyone's complaints. However, Vapor Trails is not like other Rush albums, and in my humble opinion that isn't a bad thing. Vapor Trails, production aside, has grungier, harder hitting songs with a more vicious and aggressive tone. Therefore I feel the harsh, rough production actually fit the songs perfectly. I just thought I'd say that. I'd like to know your thoughts. :)

• Like 8

I agree the original mix fits the emotion/energy of the songs, but it's exhausting to listen to.

I got to the point where I completely skip Stars Look Down/How It Is and Miracle/Nocturne/Freeze and its not such a chore. Even on the remix. Actually I just don't like those songs.

Earl, Vapor Trails got me thru a really shitty time in my life. I would put it on, LOUD and hit the road.

Well my friend. I totally respect that. We are all wired differently. It's what makes "Half The World" go around.

I'm glad this record was able to reach you and keep you on solid ground.

You know I love to joke around on here all the time. But I too have a serious side.

I'm glad you are ok.

I actually care about you and many others on here. We all have shit to get through. Rush has helped us all!

To that I am also thankful for the rest of my life.

If I had to choose RUSH over a woman at this stage in my life, I would choose RUSH.

No offense to any woman on here. I adore many of you.

Edited by RUSHHEAD666

With all the masturbatory VT threads out there, someone needs to be the voice of reason and remember that this album is still a giant steaming POS.

I dearly miss Goober when threads like this turn up. :LOL:

Ahhh goobs. It really seemed to bother him that some people enjoy Vapor Trails. And man did he shit on that album! But if you ripped on some of his tastes (music/tv/film), occasionally that really seemed to bother him too. Smart guy and often entertaining but a bit too sensitive at times.

• Like 1

I miss Goober too! He was awesome!

He was also correct about this steaming pile of SHIT.

Real Rush fans embrace "Ghost Ridet?"

Wow! And I thought I was a Rush Whore!

Bend me over and shove a Russian missile up my arse!

Perhaps a Rushian missile would fit better!

All Vapor Trails Threads are ridiculous and a waste of 73's bandwidth.

Testicles For Ego is better than VT

That was hard to write.

And on that note..........

Goodnight

Very close to being the bands greatest album, spot on AnEggPlant!

One of the bands most emotionally charged albums.

• Like 1

No... it was awful....

I could not listen to it at all, it gave me a headache every time after 2-3 songs! I hated it....

Now when I got Vapor Trails Remixed, I loved it thou... one of their best!

I understand that people like it, I really do.

But the production was a total mistake, a real shoolboy error.

They basically recorded everything too "hot" so it clipped excessively, and no amount of compression was going to fix that.

Even remastering can only improve things, not fix it completely, they would have to rerecord the album to do that.

• Like 2

Very close to being the bands greatest album, spot on AnEggPlant!

One of the bands most emotionally charged albums.

Thanks! I'm glad somebody agrees. I know most people hate this album but I've always found it to be quite good.

• Like 1

I know, I know, but hear me out.

If that kind of production had been put to pretty much any other Rush album, I could see everyone's complaints. However, Vapor Trails is not like other Rush albums, and in my humble opinion that isn't a bad thing. Vapor Trails, production aside, has grungier, harder hitting songs with a more vicious and aggressive tone. Therefore I feel the harsh, rough production actually fit the songs perfectly. I just thought I'd say that. I'd like to know your thoughts. :)

Good comment. The sub par production won't stop me from liking it.

• Like 2

it's a great album filled with passion and emotion

go jerk off to your saga and loverboy, earl, and leave vt alone!

:laughing guy: :laughing guy: :laughing guy:

http://cdn.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/picture/1322718/84107628.JPG

The only problem with is it was mixed/mastered much too loudly, destroying the dynamics and generating clipping. And that is not in any way even remotely a good thing. But if it weren't for that, it would be a fine recording for sure, the remix proved that.
  • Like 1

With all the masturbatory VT threads out there, someone needs to be the voice of reason and remember that this album is still a giant steaming POS.

Good news! We've found his replacement:

Worst Rush album ever. The production could sound like a Steely Dan record and it would still sound like fukking shit.

Exhausting? If I ever listen to "Vapor Shart Trails" again I might put and exhaust pipe in my mouth and end it all.

"Vapor Trails" is to RUSH and "St. Anger" is to METALLICA.

PURE SHITE

• Like 4

Good news! We've found his replacement:

Worst Rush album ever. The production could sound like a Steely Dan record and it would still sound like fukking shit.

Exhausting? If I ever listen to "Vapor Shart Trails" again I might put and exhaust pipe in my mouth and end it all.

"Vapor Trails" is to RUSH and "St. Anger" is to METALLICA.

PURE SHITE

I wonder if his roast thread will reach 24,000 hits like Goober's?
  • Like 1