Ever met someone famous?

workingcinderellaman

I would like to hear stories of people meeting celebrities. I don't really have one. I could have met Harrison Ford but I declined to talk to him because I didn't want to bother him.

Does anyone have any great stories about meeting a celebrity? Pics are nice if you have them. :)

Hi have seen quite a number of famous folk due to Sundance--but I have never really met them.

Shared an elevator with Johnny Depp once when he was promoting one of his movies at sundance.

I've neve done Sundance. I would like to go up there sometime, the problem is I don't know how to get tickets.

I have shake hand and talked with Fish, the singer from the band Marillion. He also signed one of my vinyls :)

This was before a concert, he was on the stage at the soundcheck and I was standing at first row in the audience and waiting for the concert to start, so I started to talk with him.

I have also talked with the singer of the swedish prog rock band called Kaipa.

This was at a music festival (Sweden Rock Festival) and I had just seen the concert (at first row again) and then after the concert he walked right next to me, so I started to talk with him and said that it was a great concert!

I was Ty Burrell's (Phil Dunphy on Modern Family) pest control guy in Salt Lake City for a year. The first 6 or 7 times I talked to him I had no clue who he was. Once it was pointed out to me, I just kept on like I didn't know. At that time I'd never seen the show so it was pretty easy. He's as nice a guy as you'll ever meet. His house wasn't even all that showy. Bigger than average, but not ridiculous.

As far as musicians go, there's Geddy in '97, Victor Wooten and Bela Fleck (many times) and then we opened for a bunch of groups. Bad Company, 38 Special, Carlos Santana, BTO, Peter Frampton, Steppenwolf, Stephen Stills and a few more.

Oh. And Charles Barkley (douchebag-the same day I met Geddy.)

I worked for the Dallas Mavericks for two seasons during my college years. Dennis Rodman was totally cool and conversational. Chris Webber was a doosh. Steve Nash treated me well each time we crossed paths. The nicest guys were Nowitzki and...Shawn Bradley. His wife's head made it to right above his waist it seemed. Nice person. Kind to strangers.

I have shake hand and talked with Fish, the singer from the band Marillion. He also signed one of my vinyls :)

This was before a concert, he was on the stage at the soundcheck and I was standing at first row in the audience and waiting for the concert to start, so I started to talk with him.

I had a backstage pass for a Marillion show at Massey Hall in Oct, of 87. I didn't really talk to any of the guys, but I watched Fish pound down shots of Jack Daniels like there was no tomorrow.

When i was younger i worked at a kind of swanky hotel at the desk. Met and checked in quite a few celebs.

Elton johns guitar player , davey johnstone i believe

The guys from the band helmet.

Jack hannah the animal guy that was always on letterman

Roger penske

Mark aquirre nba player

Eric williams nfl player

I had a backstage pass for a Marillion show at Massey Hall in Oct, of 87. I didn't really talk to any of the guys, but I watched Fish pound down shots of Jack Daniels like there was no tomorrow.

Yeah, he had some drinking problems back then....

I met Patrick Stewart. But not in the usual celebrity meeting way.

I met him in his capacity as the Chancellor of the University I attended (we come from the same home town :cool: ) a post he held for a number of years.

So when I met him, I was decked out in cap and gown, and he was looking all Chancellor-y, like so:

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/webimage/1.6729436.1405373287!/image/752034958.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_620/752034958.jpg

He called out my name, handed me my diploma, shook my hand, and said "Congratulations Tobias" in his best Captains voice. I managed not to say anything geeky.

I guess that make me either an honorary Star Fleet Officer, or a member of the X-Men, right? :huh:

Edited by Your_Lion
  • Like 5

I met Patrick Stewart. But not in the usual celebrity meeting way.

I met him in his capacity as the Chancellor of the University I attended (we come from the same home town :cool: ) a post he held for a number of years.

So when I met him, I was decked out in cap and gown, and he was looking all Chancellor-y, like so:

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/webimage/1.6729436.1405373287!/image/752034958.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_620/752034958.jpg

He called out my name, handed me my diploma, shook my hand, and said "Congratulations Tobias" in his best Captains voice. I managed not to say anything geeky.

I guess that make me either an honorary Star Fleet Officer, or a member of the X-Men, right? :huh:

Awesome!

You'd be both, a Starfleet Officer and an X-Man. "Lieutenant Lion" sounds like it fits.

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070406171316/memoryalpha/en/images/thumb/8/83/Second_Contact_cover.jpg/292px-Second_Contact_cover.jpg

• Like 4

Is this thread a spoof or did something happen to the other famous meetings thread?

Nope, it's right here:

http://www.therushfo...d-and-the-ugly/

Either the OP didn't know about it or didn't do a search for it.

Now that you mention it, I remember that thread. This one is different though; no bad and ugly stories in here. ;)

Well, the OP asked for photos. The little arm around Bill Clinton's neck is my 4 month old daughter's, she has a pink sunbonnet on. Politicians really do love to hug babies :P I am not in the photo, but spoke to him briefly (as he kidnapped my child, ha ha!) This was 1992- I like to see historical figures of all types :)

http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp338/plantfan40/billclintonwithmegbaby018.jpg

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 2