Rush town hall - win a chance to attend

blueschica

From Rush is a Band:

"We learned that Sirius XM's Classic Rewind (Channel 25) will be premiering the audio from Rush's upcoming R40 Live CD tomorrow evening at 3PM EST. Earlier today Sirius XM also announced that they will be hosting a town hall interview with Geddy Lee and Alex Lifeson at their New York City studios this coming Friday, November 13th. They are running an online sweepstakes for Sirius XM subscribers to attend the town hall as well:

SiriusXM wants to give you and a guest the chance to attend SiriusXM's Town Hall with Rush. This exclusive event will take place on Friday, November 13 at SiriusXM's NYC studios and will feature original members Geddy Lee and Alex Lifeson answering questions from an intimate studio audience about their legendary 40-year career, to celebrate the release of the RUSH R40 LIVE DVD+3CD set (out November 20). To qualify, we're asking SiriusXM subscribers to submit their most creative and insightful questions about Rush for a chance to ask the question to Geddy Lee and Alex Lifeson in person at the Town Hall."

To enter and for all the details go to

You have to be a SiriusXM subscriber to qualify for the contest, but I wanted to post this, I didn't know how many TRF members in the Northeast might be. They run their town hall interviews a number of times after the first time, so if you can't listen to it on Friday, you can hear it later.

:banghead: :banghead: I'm a subscriber, ask me how insightful I can be and how I can get to New York while having a horrible reaction to a flu shot . . :banghead: :banghead:

And they keep changing the time on the R40 broadcast tonight, not sure if it is 3 pm or 6 pm!

• Like 1

Sorry to hear about your flu shot reaction. I had a bad one to a tetanus shot a few years ago. No fun!

This thing looks like it would be fun to attend.

• Like 1

Retirement announcement?

Could be they'll formally say it, but the purpose of the appearance is just to sell the CD/Blu-ray. My guess is they'll try to sidestep that topic by giving the standard 'We don't know what the future holds.'

Looking forward to it and hope they get some interesting questions.

• Like 1

Retirement announcement?

Could be they'll formally say it, but the purpose of the appearance is just to sell the CD/Blu-ray. My guess is they'll try to sidestep that topic by giving the standard 'We don't know what the future holds.'

The Ged and Al acoustic show, coming to a city near you.

• Like 1

Retirement announcement?

Hey, I'd buy those tickets !!! :D :D

• Like 2

Retirement announcement?

Hey, I'd buy those tickets !!! :D :D

Oh, somehow I think a LOT of people would buy those tickets (myself included). :D

• Like 2

Retirement announcement?

That's actually a good idea. They don't need no stinkin' drummer. ;)

• Like 3

Will this be aired live or later? And on which Sirius channel?

Sirius is the worst about stuff like this. They emailed me Tuesday about the "premiere" of the R40 audio on Sirius Monday night. They do rerun their programming quite a few times, though. When AC/DC did a town hall about a year ago I listened to it about 4 different times, so I'm hoping they will run the Rush town hall more than once as well. If I find out any times I'll try and post them.

• Like 1

Retirement announcement?

That's actually a good idea. They don't need no stinkin' drummer. ;)

Not Rush, but that really isn't the point is it.