R40 Premiere on Sirius XM

DirkPrattLerxst

According to RIAB, there have been adds advertising the full playing of the R40 Live audio on Classic Rewind (channel 25) on Sirius XM tomorrow night at 6 PM (eastern I assume?) Here's the info:

http://www.rushisaband.com/blog/2015/11/05/4520/Rushs-R40-Live-radio-premiere-this-Sunday-on-Sirius-XM-Tom-Sawyer-video-preview-online

• Like 1

Zzzzzz

Wake up, Tony! Moving Pictures was just released yesterday and the past 30 plus years have just been a bad nightmare.

Funnily enough I'm just watching the 2112/Moving Pictures Classic Albums show on Sky Arts.

• Like 1

According to RIAB, there have been adds advertising the full playing of the R40 Live audio on Classic Rewind (channel 25) on Sirius XM tomorrow night at 6 PM (eastern I assume?) Here's the info:

http://www.rushisaba...-preview-online

Any word if there are any band interviews with this?

Otherwise, I'll just wait until it shows up.

http://www.rushisaba...-preview-online

Any word if there are any band interviews with this?

Otherwise, I'll just wait until it shows up.

Not sure, but adds state it'll premiere on Classic Rewind tomorrow on the Pat St. John show, but the thing is the Pat St. John show is tonight so maybe it premieres in 45 minutes :LOL:

11/9 at 9 pm ETon Classic Rewind

11/10 at 12 pm ET on Classic Rewind

11/12 at 1 am ET on Classic Rewind

11/14 at 3 pm ET on Classic Rewind

11/16 at 4 pm ET on Deep Tracks

11/18 at 12 am ET on Deep Tracks

11/20 at 3 am ET on Deep Tracks

11/21 at 10 am ET on Deep Tracks

11/23 at 6 am ET on Ozzy’s Boneyard

11/25 at 3 am ET on Ozzy’s Boneyard

11/26 at 7 pm ET on Ozzy’s Boneyard

11/28 at 12 am ET on Ozzy’s Boneyard

11/30 at 6 pm ET on SiriusXM Comes Alive

12/2 at 12 am ET on SiriusXM Comes Alive

12/4 at 3 pm ET on SiriusXM Comes Alive

12/6 at 6 pm ET on SiriusXM Comes Alive

I wasn't able to listen to the whole thing last night, but I'm going to listen to the replay at noon. I did catch RTB - Losing it & YYZ-Natural Science in my car last night!

It sounds great! All 3 of them have their own space in the mix. The bass is really loud and growly and awesome, you can actually hear everything Neil does, and Alex's tone is great. The crowd is not overwhelming but definitely audible. Ben fits in the mix nicely on Losing It - and Geddy is doing some really cool stuff in the solo that he either made up for the live version, or I was never able to pick up on the studio version. Geddy's voice is what it is. I'm not going to lie and say he sounds amazing but probably the best since the S&A dvd. R30 is the last time he really sounded on point for most/all of the show. He sounded better on Between the Wheels than the S&A version. TSOR is the only one he noticably struggled on, for the rest of what I heard he seemed to be pretty comfortable in a lower register.

• Like 2

I wasn't able to listen to the whole thing last night, but I'm going to listen to the replay at noon. I did catch RTB - Losing it & YYZ-Natural Science in my car last night!

It sounds great! All 3 of them have their own space in the mix. The bass is really loud and growly and awesome, you can actually hear everything Neil does, and Alex's tone is great. The crowd is not overwhelming but definitely audible. Ben fits in the mix nicely on Losing It - and Geddy is doing some really cool stuff in the solo that he either made up for the live version, or I was never able to pick up on the studio version. Geddy's voice is what it is. I'm not going to lie and say he sounds amazing but probably the best since the S&A dvd. R30 is the last time he really sounded on point for most/all of the show. He sounded better on Between the Wheels than the S&A version. TSOR is the only one he noticably struggled on, for the rest of what I heard he seemed to be pretty comfortable in a lower register.

I really truly loved this new live album. Agree with everything you said but I'd also say he struggled on Natural Science.

Surprisingly he did a great job on 2112, probably his best vocal performance in a long time

Surprisingly he did a great job on 2112, probably his best vocal performance in a long time

He also nailed Hemispheres. The tuned down version is so heavy!

I'm listening to the replay right now. After hearing a bunch more of it the production is definitely the best on a live album of theirs in a long time. Very similar to Different Stages' mix. And lots of low end :) It's loud (in a good way, not a Vapor Trails way!) Really looking forward to hearing more of the second set in 45 minutes or so.

It sounds great in my car and still sounds surprisingly good on my crummy speaker at work, which has almost no bass presence at all:

http://cdn.blessthisstuff.com/imagens/stuff/x-mini-2-capsule-speaker-3.jpg

I can still hear everything Geddy's doing! This is great!

• Like 1

I'm still out to lunch on the mix. Without CD in my hand it is too early to judge except for one area that bothers me...Neil's toms. They sound way too subdued and not reflective of the tone I heard live. They don't have the snap or punch I am used to and it takes away from the intensity of the music.

I'm still out to lunch on the mix. Without CD in my hand it is too early to judge except for one area that bothers me...Neil's toms. They sound way too subdued and not reflective of the tone I heard live. They don't have the snap or punch I am used to and it takes away from the intensity of the music.

The singles I have from my iTunes preorder sound better than the regular CD mix because the audio has been mastered for iTunes. It's much clearer than what I heard last night on SiriusXM.