If the NFL were to call Rush in 2 years?

GabesCavesOfIce

Rush does not qualify as the typical Super Bowl band, but the NFL does like to move mountains.

Convincing Neil to interrupt his book and screenplay working retirement would qualify as big news and moving mountains, given The Rush Newfound Legendary Status post HOF induction and R40 record breaking retirement tour (which BTW outperformed two recent SB veteran tours...The Who and Petty)

I do not think this post happening is likely, but it is not impossible.

Of course if this fantasy were to come to life, they would need a mini warm up tour and perhaps a studio mini 3 song EP to commemorate ;)

NFL has been looking to not use Classic Rock at all now so its unlikely

Because it doesn't jive with what they want - a bunch of kids getting crazy on the field and dancing/bouncing along to it.

Big Time Rush has a better chance of being asked.

• Like 4

NFL has been looking to not use Classic Rock at all now so its unlikely

Because it doesn't jive with what they want - a bunch of kids getting crazy on the field and dancing/bouncing along to it.

Big Time Rush has a better chance of being asked.

Oh, without a doubt.

• Like 1

It was more likely to happen right after the Hall induction. With no new music and no touring the chances are absolutely zero.

I agree with LiX's comment about a country act. That garbage plus the pop flavor of the moment would be the most likely one two halftime crap combo. Doesn't matter, I just get more beer and chicken wings at that time anyway.

It was more likely to happen right after the Hall induction. With no new music and no touring the chances are absolutely zero.

I agree with LiX's comment about a country act. That garbage plus the pop flavor of the moment would be the most likely one two halftime crap combo. Doesn't matter, I just get more beer and chicken wings at that time anyway.

It's gonna be Taylor f***ing Swift.

• Like 1

Just how popular do you folks think Rush really is in the real world??

60% I've talked to know about Rush and MAYBE can name Tom Sawyer but aren't fans.

38% have never heard of Rush.

2% like Rush..."like" meaning that they have Moving Pictures OR can name a handful of songs they like but don't own any albums OR have been to some Rush gigs/have a few of the albums

60% I've talked to know about Rush and MAYBE can name Tom Sawyer but aren't fans.

2% like Rush..."like" meaning that they have Moving Pictures OR can name a handful of songs they like but don't own any albums OR have been to some Rush gigs/have a few of the albums

Doesn't exactly sound like Super Bowl caliber name recognition does it?

Sadly yeah. Obviously those numbers would differ region to region but I don't think they'd be too significantly different...except in specific areas like Toronto, Detroit, Cleveland, and a few similar locales.

I grew up in Florida and was a teen in the 80s. Everyone knew them then BUT in my classroom of 30 there might've been only 3-4 fans including me. Then the number of fans got lower and lower over the years.

Sadly yeah. Obviously those numbers would differ region to region but I don't think they'd be too significantly different...except in specific areas like Toronto, Detroit, Cleveland, and a few similar locales.

I grew up in Florida and was a teen in the 80s. Everyone knew them then BUT in my classroom of 30 there might've been only 3-4 fans including me. Then the number of fans got lower and lower over the years.

Floyd, Zeppelin, and Rush were the three most popular groups in a poll my senior year in HS (early 1980, just after PeW and the Wall came out) I did for my sociology class. Anyone who liked pop shit like today's would have been stuffed in a locker.

• Like 1

That would be pretty cool but I highly doubt it. I'll just watch the puppy bowl and the kitten bowl.
  • Like 1

Floyd, Zeppelin, and Rush were the three most popular groups in a poll my senior year in HS (early 1980, just after PeW and the Wall came out) I did for my sociology class. Anyone who liked pop shit like today's would have been stuffed in a locker.

I can see that. But think about how the Rush world changed...Moving Pictures came out when I was in 3rd grade of elementary school. Presto came out my senior year in high school with Hold Your Fire in my sophomore year. U2 & REM were also huge at that time. Can't imagine U2, REM, or HYF & Presto listeners stuffing anyone into a locker.

• Like 1

According to those stats, you, I and TRF do not exist.

I can see that. But think about how the Rush world changed...Moving Pictures came out when I was in 3rd grade of elementary school. Presto came out my senior year in high school with Hold Your Fire in my sophomore year. U2 & REM were also huge at that time. Can't imagine U2, REM, or HYF & Presto listeners stuffing anyone into a locker.

Agreed.