R40 Tom Sawyer

DirkPrattLerxst

I guess i dont have to buy the DVD, they will release it all for me

At least they're mostly releasing big hits instead of what we're really buying it for (Hemispheres, Xanadu, Cygnus X-1, 2112, Jacob's Ladder, Losing It, Lakeside Park)

• Like 2

At least they're mostly releasing big hits instead of what we're really buying it for (Hemispheres, Xanadu, Cygnus X-1, 2112, Jacob's Ladder, Losing It, Lakeside Park)

They did release Jacob's Ladder.

Fantastic. I have no doubt this will be the best live Rush video since the hiatus.

Love seeing Alex goof around with the 'Don't toke, boys and girls.......well ok, maybe just a little' faces.

• Like 2

They did release Jacob's Ladder.

Except that one :LOL:

oh... what I love these boys.... they are so funny... I loved when Geddy was singing eyes and then took of his glasses real quick.

I want this now!

Zumbi, how many are you going to buy? ;)

oh... what I love these boys.... they are so funny... I loved when Geddy was singing eyes and then took of his glasses real quick.

I want this now!

None, I've already orderered every copy.

• Like 1

I want this now!

one ofcourse... I pre-ordered the CD/bluray/t-shirt package

• Like 1

I want this now!

one ofcourse... I pre-ordered the CD/bluray/t-shirt package

That looked like a great one! I just bought a different Rush t-shirt this week or I would have gone for that one myself!

This is one of the better live versions of the song. Geddy made some smart choices at various places in the song about how to avoid singing beyond his range.
  • Like 1

This is one of the better live versions of the song. Geddy made some smart choices at various places in the song about how to avoid singing beyond his range.

If only he applied that logic to The Spirit of Radio...

• Like 1

There's really only so much he can do with TSOR...

• Like 1

There's really only so much he can do with TSOR...

True, but sometimes he makes poor choices as of late..."emotional FEEEEEEEEEDback" being one of them.

• Like 1

I'm so glad they actually stayed on Alex while he was being goofy. Usually they cut away too soon or don't show it at all. This is great. All in all something I can actually listen to more than once. :LOL:

Wow, the director completely ignores Geddy during his keyboard solo! And what about close ups of his bass playing? Like on R30 and S&A live? All I see on these recent R40 releases is LOTS of crowd shots and Alex close ups, and sometimes a shot of Geddy from FAR away. Come on, we want to watch our heroes do their magic, not audience footage 90% of the video time. I might sound as if I'm overreacting, but it's true. Just compare this video with the S&A version, you'll notice a big difference. I hope they at least show Geddy close ups during the bass breaks in YYZ...

However, I do enjoy the mix and the video quality is great.

I do really appreciate the mix on this so far...everything has been crystal clear and with a good balance. The guitar was a bit too loud on the CA Tour mix, and the drums have been too quiet on past releases. I can hear every little nuance now.
  • Like 1

Breakdown for live releases starting with RIO.

1. RIO, too much crowd noise ruins it and the fact that it wasn't shot 16x9 like the rest.. performance seemed great. but cant get past those goofy crowd.

2. R30, the best for me. the mix and it was shot great. plus geddy sounded great too.

3. Snakes arrows. great shot and performance, (to many snakes songs) in a row. plus problem I had with tour were that the songs were way slowed down, don't know why they went that route.

4. Timemachine, shot poor and lots of out of focus shots,, the beginning of bad singing geddy,

5. CA, great choices of songs. marred by poor editing and crappy sound, the mix is weak. and that goofy camera angle on neils kit looking up at him. Geddy voice shot to no end...

6. R40- from the clips I seen, looks to be better and best since R30.

Edited by nicky6