Meat in Salads  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Does Meat Belong in Salad?

• Yeah, it's good
    • No, it's not good
    • Enjoying your salad, ladies?

Haven't hou ever had a Caesar salad with chicken or even...seared steak? If you haven't you been missing out.

The former, and it definitely wasn't my thing.

I appreciate a simple caesar salad with croutons and ranch, probably my favorite.

Haven't hou ever had a Caesar salad with chicken or even...seared steak? If you haven't you been missing out.

I appreciate a simple caesar salad with croutons and ranch, probably my favorite.

Ranch??? RANCH?? How uncouth.

• Like 1

That's not a Caesar salad if it has ranch on it.

• Like 3

Stoopid 'mericans

• Like 2

Wtf does he know anyway? The guy thinks a chicken salad sucks. ;)

• Like 3

Sucks

I don't want meat in my salad. It doesn't make the salad better, it makes the meat worse... I also don't like eating many meats cold.

Its a salad with ranch dressing on it. Its not Caesar salad. And if you did not know that, did you know that a true Ceasar salad dressing has anchovies and raw egg in it?

I bet you will never eat a real Caesar salad now!

I love a good green salad topped with grilled or fried chicken strips! Even thinly sliced rare steak is a great treat. We really load up our salads with crunchy stuff too.

As for chicken salad. Its great. Costco has great chicken salad and shrimp salad. We get them during the holidays to cut down on some of the work.

• Like 1

I had a chicken Caprese salad for lunch yesterday. It was pretty damn good. Chicken, fresh mozzarella, and balsamic vinaigrette. :haz:
  • Like 3

Sucks

I don't want meat in my salad. It doesn't make the salad better, it makes the meat worse... I also don't like eating many meats cold.

Its a salad with ranch dressing on it. Its not Caesar salad. And if you did not know that, did you know that a true Ceasar salad dressing has anchovies and raw egg in it?

I bet you will never eat a real Caesar salad now!

My mother-in-law, a Canadian, makes a killer authentic Caesar. Loads of garlic!
  • Like 2

So when you say chicken salad you mean chicken cut up and added to a garden salad or chicken salad that is prepared with mayo, celery onions and other assorted goodies? Like a Tuna or ham salad? I like both but I prefer to have chicken salad on a toasted english muffin or rye bread than adding chicken to a salad. But like I said I have no problem with either serving suggestion.