Short Neil Peart Blog Post

x1yyz

Thanks Neil and no hard feelings. Enjoy the rest of your life you most certainly deserve it if anyone does. Can't even fathom what you went through... :cheers: brother
  • Like 6

"Well I don't really think the end can be assessed as of itself as being the end because what does the end feel like? It's like saying when you try to extrapolate the end of the universe, you say, if the universe is indeed infinite, then how - what does that mean? How far is all the way, and then if it stops, what's stopping it, and what's behind what's stopping it? So, what's the end, you know, is my question to you." - David St. Hubbins

http://ww1.hdnux.com/photos/25/30/74/5607204/6/960x540.jpg

• Like 4

Neil is such a fascinating guy. An inspiration in many ways, but an enigma in many others...

The fact is that just about everyone reading his blog is a Rush fan and most of us are looking for Rush info or anything that may give us a clue on the future. It's as if he's completely out of touch with this as fact. Not necessarily meant be critical. It's like he has a different perception of things than everyone else. The blog was 5 paragraphs describing the most minute details of the picture and the Midwest, with an "oh by the way, farewell. My Rush career is over if any that are reading this happen to be a Rush fan." And it's still a pretty ambiguous farewell...

• Like 2

Neil has posted BubbaGram #2, in which it seems pretty clear that Rush is done touring.

http://www.neilpeart...dex.php?cID=283

That's my area of the country. No travel more boring than driving 2 lane roads through corn country.

Unless you're driving wide interstate routes through flat nothingness.

Love that shot from the Seattle show with the pyro going off!

I think Neil should release a big book of photography taken during his long rides. I find the pictures in his blog much more interesting than the narration of them. He certainly has a continued lucrative career as an author if he wants one though. He's totally mastered the skill of using a boatload of words to ultimately say very little.

• Like 2

I think Neil should release a big book of photography taken during his long rides.

I think Rush fans would gobble that up.

I can even imagine two slight variations on that thought:

1) a big book of his photos during his long rides with a few short anecdotes sprinkled throughout,

2) a big book of his photos from past tours when he first started to ride [was that in the 90s?]

• Like 2

Anyone else think it's odd he's not just said "it's over?" Or something similar? Just an observation and I'm not insinuating anything by that. :)
  • Like 1

Anyone else think it's odd he's not just said "it's over?" Or something similar? Just an observation and I'm not insinuating anything by that. :)

I don't think it's odd. Could be it's hard for him to be that direct. Could be he wants to leave even the smallest door open. Could be he doesn't think he needs to say any such thing. Some writers/musicians/artists just fade away without the need to broadcast their finale. Who knows?

• Like 2

I don't think it's odd. Could be it's hard for him to be that direct. Could be he wants to leave even the smallest door open. Could be he doesn't think he needs to say any such thing. Some writers/musicians/artists just fade away without the need to broadcast their finale. Who knows?

I guess just reading that blog entry make me think that. He kind of skirts around it without actually saying anything.

Yes just come out and say I've retired and be done with it. Why so cryptic, when for the most part we all understand its over. Most of us though sad understand and respect the desire after 40 years to focus on family and other ingerests. Between Geddys recent radio interview saying "people can always change their minds" to Neil's blog posts, to the Rush website saying Thank You for 40 years etc...even some of the R40 swag depicting a beach retirement...

It's kind of like your first break up, all the signs are there and even attempts to soften the blow but you just need to hear the truth in plain language :)

• Like 1

No wonder a friend had to introduce Neil to Carrie......Neil is so shy , wonder if he would have met anyone on his own.

No wonder a friend had to introduce Neil to Carrie......Neil is so shy , wonder if he would have met anyone on his own.

Where did come to that conclusion? He's not exactly a hermit. Everything said and written from and about him points to him having many friends.

Carrie had no clue who Rush was when she met Neil. So she's either the stealthiest Rush fan on the planet, or a hermit in her own right. :)