Short Neil Peart Blog Post

x1yyz

A feeling had been growing in me during these rides—a kind of “valedictory” sense of saying farewell. I didn’t imagine that my future life would allow that “the most excellent thing I can do today” would be plotting a leisurely route from Sandusky, Ohio, to Bloomington, Indiana. That constant revelation was a little bittersweet—but mostly sweet. I had made journeys like this many, many times before, and if this was to be the last time, I would appreciate it all the more.

A feeling had been growing in me during these rides—a kind of “valedictory” sense of saying farewell. I didn’t imagine that my future life would allow that “the most excellent thing I can do today” would be plotting a leisurely route from Sandusky, Ohio, to Bloomington, Indiana. That constant revelation was a little bittersweet—but mostly sweet. I had made journeys like this many, many times before, and if this was to be the last time, I would appreciate it all the more.

Great minds..?

I can understand his opinion. After doing something as physically and emotionally demanding for 40 years and going through what he went through after T4E, I bet he's happy to enjoy potential retirement. And a second chance at a family, I wouldn't want to let that go, either.
  • Like 7

I had no idea he was so interested in traversing the path Scott May took 45 years ago.

Neil has posted BubbaGram #2, in which it seems pretty clear that Rush is done touring.

http://www.neilpeart...dex.php?cID=283

That's my area of the country. No travel more boring than driving 2 lane roads through corn country.

Sure looks like Indiana, doesn't it?

All this means is that they're going to spend the next five years touring Asia, Australia, Europe, and South America non-stop....

Neil is god.

Neil is god-darned lucky to have such a supportive fan base, which respects his 40+ years of oustanding work, his personal privacy, and his right to retire whenever he wants......

• Like 1

Neil has posted BubbaGram #2, in which it seems pretty clear that Rush is done touring.

That's my area of the country. No travel more boring than driving 2 lane roads through corn country.

Yes and i live here ...,

Plotting my exit strategy

• Like 2

Reading his post all I can think about is how Neil truly is the most in touch with the fans of the 3 although it's not his reputation.

There's a lot of truth to that on many levels. For fans who don't mind reading (!), Neil is probably the most accessible of the three. He actually gives his fans a lot more of a hint into his own thoughts, ideas, and behaviors through what he writes than Alex or Geddy ever really do in interviews.

But... the old knock on Neil is that he's not personable because he's painfully shy to the point of probably being a jerk when faced with an awkward situation.

• Like 2

Yes and i live here ...,

You'll miss it...great place to live.

• Like 1

Yes and i live here ...,

You'll miss it...great place to live.

I know but i have been here awhile . Also although i grew up in Michigan i was born here.

Warm sounds nice.