Started to cry when I was listening to this song...

YYZumbi

I was listening to the R30 live album just now (bluray-rip) and when the song Resist started, I started to cry like a baby. I have never cried like this to a song before, but Geddy´s voice on this song... it´s just so beautiful, and I love when they just have 2 acoustic guitars.

It´s a perfect song...

And when the whole live album was done. I listened to this song again... then I cried again...

Have this ever happened to you? That you have cried to a Rush song?

2010, Bacchus Plateau.. Had a good cry to it one stressed high school night.

As I grow older I cry less and less, it's kind of concerning me actually... I don't think I've had a good cry in the past two years now. Oh well. :boohoo:

Bravado got me on the CA tour.

Not sure what triggered it, but me getting older, and the thought life is slowing down, plus the band possibly saying goodbye...

Pissed me off, because I had mostly ignored RTB for 20 years....

I've been awestruck, amazed, thrilled, depressed and a plethora of other emotions but have never cried listening to one of their songs.
  • Like 3

Everyday Glory almost always does it to me. It's always in the same spot, too. It might seem odd, but it's the repeating phrase, "No matter what they say". I don't know why.

There are certain other times that I have, at other songs. But that one almost always gets to me. Happened just yesterday, as a matter of fact.

• Like 3

I thought I was alone with the effects from Everyday Glory!

I find Presto a very emotional album as well.

Never cried at a Rush song. Been close.

• Like 3

Oh, no, sir...I thought you knew that you were not alone in that.

I agree about Presto as well.

• Like 1

I agree. But Losing It was about 45 minutes shorter and it hit much less hard considering it was about fictional characters and not illustrative of a band that had fallen so far in under 10 years

I was listening to the R30 live album just now (bluray-rip) and when the song Resist started, I started to cry like a baby. I have never cried like this to a song before, but Geddy´s voice on this song... it´s just so beautiful, and I love when they just have 2 acoustic guitars.

It´s a perfect song...

And when the whole live album was done. I listened to this song again... then I cried again...

Only during Dog Years and the entirety of Vapor Trails

No Rush song has ever moved me to tears, but I have a hard time listening to MFH without remembering the crappy relationship I was in at the time it came out.

No Rush song has ever moved me to tears, but I have a hard time listening to MFH without remembering the crappy relationship I was in at the time it came out.

I have gotten misty eyed on several Rush songs. Some for the power of the lyrics, and some while watching them live when I'm swept away with joy.

I replied to your post mainly to second your MFH comment. Same experience. I ended up moving out and Moving To Bohemia the next year- my new bachelor pad apartment I christened 'Bohemia'. I said goodbye to suburbia, and I no longer had to cut the lawn.. and when friends came over, the beer was free. That was my theme song for a few years.

• Like 1

I don't think any one song has made me cry, but listening to the mix of CA makes me WANT to cry. Regarding Resist acoustic though, it is very nicely done and makes the song more effective overall than the album version.

I agree. But Losing It was about 45 minutes shorter and it hit much less hard considering it was about fictional characters and not illustrative of a band that had fallen so far in under 10 years

Fictional? Clearly this refers to Hemingway:

The writer stares with glassy eyes

Defies the empty page

His beard is white, his face is lined

And streaked with tears of rage.

Thirty years ago how the words would flow

With passion and precision

But now his mind is dark and dulled

By sickness and indecision

And he stares out the kitchen door

Where the sun will rise no more

Edited by ctbadger