3 Rush songs that non-fans should know

Lost In Xanadu

If you asked a random music fan to name 3 Rush songs, which 3 do you think they will name if they were able to actually name 3 (and not just say "I don't know")?

I think #1 and #2 are solid, but #3... not sure.

#1 has to be Tom Sawyer

#2 likely TSoR

#3? Limelight? Subdivisions? FBN? I'd pick Working Man as #3

Edited by Lost In Xanadu

My husband only knew TSOR. I had to hum a few bars of Tom Sawyer for him, and he still didn't recognize it. But I'm sure that has more to do with my poor humming. Same with Limelight.

Maybe if he heard them he would, but he's not interested.

• Like 1

The three they WILL know:

Spirit of Radio

Tom Sawyer

Limelight

The three they SHOULD know:

Xanadu

possibly Clockwork Angels or Headlong Flight

I don't really mean to bust your chops but you give me so many opportunities to do so I just can't help it. In bold... Seriously with all the greatness that was 74' - 84'? Your first two choices absolutely but there are so many others so much better than the others you chose. I think I will just ignore these from now on and I am sure you won't mind me doing so. It just drives me nuts to see "those" in the same breath with the great ones... :hi: Time to ignore and no hard feelings... :cheers:
  • Like 2

Spirit of Radio

Tom Sawyer

Limelight

Xanadu

I don't really mean to bust your chops but you give me so many opportunities to do so I just can't help it. In bold... Seriously with all the greatness that was 74' - 84'? Your first two choices absolutely but there are so many others so much better than the others you chose. I think I will just ignore these from now on and I am sure you won't mind me doing so. It just drives me nuts to see "those" in the same breath with the great ones... :hi: Time to ignore and no hard feelings... :cheers:

I agree, dont get me wrong, those are amazing songs, but i can list 20 better right off the top of my head.

• Like 1

My husband only knew TSOR. I had to hum a few bars of Tom Sawyer for him, and he still didn't recognize it. But I'm sure that has more to do with my poor humming. Same with Limelight.

Maybe if he heard them he would, but he's not interested.

I've heard poor humming can ruin a marriage.

:outtahere:

• Like 2

Spirit of Radio

Tom Sawyer

Limelight

Xanadu

You don't have to agree man, I'm just stating my opinion. It will only affect you as much as you let it affect you. :)

Edited by AnEggplant

Spirit of Radio

Tom Sawyer

Limelight

Xanadu

You don't have to agree man, I'm just stating my opinion. It will only affect you as much as you let it affect you. :)

Exactly...
  • Like 1

Closer To The Heart, Spirit Of Radio, Freewill, Tom Sawyer, Limelight, Subdivisions should be the ones everybody knows. Red Barchetta, YYZ, New World Man and Distant Early Warning are possibilities as well.

Yeah, I know that's more than three.

It also depends on how popular Rush is in you area. My local rock station used to play the shit out of any single they released between their debut and CP.

Edited by J2112YYZ

"arghhhh, I can't stand that guy's voice"

:laughing guy: I have actually heard that a few times. I mean what can you say after that?

• Like 2

"arghhhh, I can't stand that guy's voice"

:laughing guy: I have actually heard that a few times. I mean what can you say after that?

A good response might be:

... then listen to THIS

and proceed to make them sit thru Cygnus X1

:)