• Led Zeppelin II
    • Led Zeppelin III
    • Houses Of The Holy
    • Physical Graffiti
    • Presence
    • In Through The Out Door
    • Coda
    • ______

So. I don't see one of these on here and I'm in a bit of a Led Zep mood today, listening to Zep and reading album rankings online. I know the majority music fans consensus likes to list IV as their best, but purists seem to like I or II, and other music heads much prefer PG, so I was curious as well what Rush-heads tend to prefer in the way of Zep albums.

Let's discuss! :)

Edited by Entre_Perpetuo

I remember where I was when I listened to their first album in its entirety. It had just come out. To me, it's their best album, but I had all of them up to and including Physical Grafitti. I avoided going to see them back in the day because ticket sales were always a mob scene.

However, believe it or not, it wasn't until recently that I realized just how talented they were when I watched a dvd of their concerts. And the only reason I realized their talent is because of all that I have learned about music here on TRF.

Edited to add that although their first album is my favorite, the songs I love the best are Kashmir and Trampled Underfoot.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 3

Houses of the Holy. An almost encyclopedic collection of styles of music blended into one Zeppelin album.

The Song Remains The Same - Classic Zeppelin rampage.

The Rain Song - acoustic ballad reminiscent of Led Zeppelin II and III, but better than any of the previous acoustic tunes.

Over The Hills and Far Away - Standard radio friendly tune.

The Crunge - James Brown plus Robert Plant :haz:

Dancing Days - Almost Beatles-esque song.

D'yer Maker - Reggae mon!

No Quarter - The proggy masterpiece, with piano!

The Ocean - Doo wop with a classic Led Zeppelin groove.

It gets no better than this album.

• Like 3

My two favourite Zeppelin albums are Presence and Led Zeppelin III. Presence because it's so focused and urgent...and closes with a beautiful, long, slow blues. Perfect finale.

And III because it's all over the map, stylistically- it's got a bit of everything, just like their debut album- except that by the third album, the definition of their 'everything' had expanded quite a bit.

And also because I'm a sucker for a group of English hippies hanging out making music at a castle in Wales.

• Like 2

Is there any special reason other than preference that Jimmy kept his guitar slung so low?

Probably to look hip and psychedelic and sloppy and what not.

• Like 1

I went ahead and voted ____. Quality song after quality song, and I'm young enough that Stairway will still have a ways to go before wearing off on me.
  • Like 1

Physical Graffiti although I have them all even the paper bag with the dog sh*t in it someone left one my porch and forgot to light... ;)
  • Like 1

Where is Led Zeppelin IV in the poll?

To me, the top 3 are Houses of the Holy, IV and II. Those three are tough to pick between- kind of like Hemispheres, Permanent Waves and Moving Pictures

Just behind those three are Led Zeppelin and Physical Graffiti

• Like 1

Where is Led Zeppelin IV in the poll?

To me, the top 3 are Houses of the Holy, IV and II. Those three are tough to pick between- kind of like Hemispheres, Permanent Waves and Moving Pictures

Just behind those three are Led Zeppelin and Physical Graffiti

it's the final untitled choice