Natural Science vs The Camera Eye

YYZumbi

52 members have voted

1. 1. Which song is the best one?

• Natural Science
    • The Camera Eye

There is only one song that consistently ever can beat Natural Science and we all know what that is... :sigh:

There is only one song that consistently ever can beat Natural Science and we all know what that is... :sigh:

Tai Shan? :huh:
  • Like 3

Only in this universe... :)

http://i0.wp.com/www.tor.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/mirrormirror1.jpg?fit=740%2C9999&type=vertical

http://i0.wp.com/www.tor.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/mirrormirror1.jpg?fit=740%2C9999&type=vertical

I'm pretty sure that Tai Shan sucks in that universe too. :LOL:
  • Like 2

I'm pretty sure that Tai Shan sucks in that universe too. :LOL:

:LOL: ...

Sorry but Camera Eye for me. Had to give a token vote even though it's for nothing.

Love both of them and I think these 2, Xanadu and 2112 are the big epics from Rush for me.

I think the build up to Camera Eye just doesn't do it for many people, amongst other things, but when it gets going the riffs and solos are awesome. But I love Natural Science too so the difference between them, for me, is miniscule.

• Like 1

I think the build up to Camera Eye just doesn't do it for many people, amongst other things, but when it gets going the riffs and solos are awesome. But I love Natural Science too so the difference between them, for me, is miniscule.

I actually prefer the intro to Camera Eye over the slow acoustic Natural Science intro. And I agree with you regarding the main riff and solos. Natty Sci has a little more going on and better captures the RUSH prog era, though. So for me this is a case of Natural Science being a bit "better", even though I prefer the Camera Eye.
  • Like 1

What I like about the epic songs is getting lost in a story where the music tells a significant portion of it. Natural Science rocks out, but it fails in what I enjoy most about epics. I’m usually down on synth-Rush, but I always loved TCE for some reason. It is the easy choice for me.
  • Like 4

Natural Science for me ...as it’s my 2nd Favourite Rush song ever just

after Xanadu in No.1 position.

I like Camera Eye a lot , but it’s not in my top 10 Rush tracks

of all time , probably around 15-20th depending on which Rush albums

I’m currently listening to the most at any given time.