Most Underrated/Overrated Songs

Eel Yddeg

Also most underrated: Tears. Listened to 2112 on the way home today, probably the first time in years I listened to it straight through. After the amazing run of songs -- 2112, APtB, TTZ, and Lessons -- Tears perfectly sets up the monster finish that is Something for Nothing. Very cool synth strings. Not trademark Rush -- while touching it is admittedly a little syrupy -- but showed their versatility and range, especially at such an early point in their career, just two years after their heavy rock debut. Edited by Rutlefan
  • Like 1

Also most underrated: Tears. Listened to 2112 on the way home today, probably the first time in years I listened to it straight through. After the amazing run of songs -- 2112, APtB, TTZ, and Lessons -- Tears perfectly sets up the monster finish that is Something for Nothing. Very cool synth strings. Not trademark Rush -- while touching it is admittedly a little syrupy -- but showed their versatility and range, especially at such an early point in their career, just two years after their heavy rock debut.

I absolutely agree!

• Like 1

Overrated: Cygnus X-1 Book II: Hemispheres

Underrated: Tai Shan

Thank you, and goodnight.

I might have to kiss you for this.

http://a.dilcdn.com/bl/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2013/03/SebTip_2.gif

I love you, Segue, but I'm afraid I don't fly that way. :LOL:

Shame.

I have been trying to get rid of my crab problem for months!

You sure you don't want him?

:scared: Um…no thanks.

• Like 1

I actually think The Weapon is an underrated song. :huh:

But everybody on this forum praises it.

No, they do not.

With the exception of me, I see pretty much everyone praising it. I could be wrong though.

yes, Egg, you are wrong

Very well then. :)

• Like 1

I think the debut album is generally underated. Particularly Before and After.

The intro is so pretty and sort of anticipates later developments, and once it goes hard rock I think it's great early 70s style hard blues influenced rock.

Edited by rftag
  • Like 3

I think the debut album is generally underated. Particularly Before and After.

The intro is so pretty and sort of anticipates later developments, and once it goes hard rock I think it's great early 70s style hard blues influenced rock.

tumblr_ne2xgj19sh1rnhnqfo1_500.gif

• Like 2

Overrated: Incredibly difficult to say any Rush song is overrated, but I guess I'll say "Fly By Night"

Underrated: "Losing It" or "Here Again"

In The End is almost certainly their most underrated song. I love it.

In The End and Chain Lightning are my equal favourite Rush songs. Red Barchetta is third.

• Like 1

I'm not really sure by who's standards we are looking at these, but I'll give it a go...

Overrated: The Trees, Roll the Bones, One Little Victory, Working Man, The Camera Eye, Bastille Day, Big Money

Underrated: Double Agent, Analog Kid, Entre Nous, Leave that thing Alone, Ghost Rider, BU2B, The Way the Wind Blows, War Paint, Finding My Way