Clockwork Angels FLACs

DirkPrattLerxst

The FLAC version of CA that you get the download link to from the vinyl sounds so much better than the CD. I also used some EQ to make it sound even better. It sounds like a completely different album compared to the sound wall we all know and loathe. The drums actually punch, the bass sounds clean, the guitar is growly but clear, the vocals are powerful, and everything can breathe. Makes it a much more enjoyable listening experience :) Edited by DirkPrattLerxst

Where and how can I possibly get this or hear it? I would love to hear this thing sound good just once... :codger:

The FLAC version of CA that you get the download link to from the vinyl sounds so much better than the CD. I also used some EQ to make it sound even better. It sounds like a completely different album compared to the sound wall we all know and loathe. The drums actually punch, the bass sounds clean, the guitar is growly but clear, the vocals are powerful, and everything can breathe. Makes it a much more enjoyable listening experience :)

Ive been telling folks here for Damn nearly a YEAR that CA was well recorded. Now people

May start to believe me.

• Like 2

The FLAC version of CA that you get the download link to from the vinyl sounds so much better than the CD. I also used some EQ to make it sound even better. It sounds like a completely different album compared to the sound wall we all know and loathe. The drums actually punch, the bass sounds clean, the guitar is growly but clear, the vocals are powerful, and everything can breathe. Makes it a much more enjoyable listening experience :)

Ive been telling folks here for Damn nearly a YEAR that CA was well recorded. Now people

May start to believe me.

It was well recorded, but the sound wall destroyed the good recording.

It's like the single version of Caravan sounds HUGELY better than the album version, but then someone else mixed it.

Yeah the band talked about remixing Caravan and BU2B for the actual album. Headlong Flight sounded much better as a single too.

• Like 1

Not really news telling people that a flac sounds better than a CD. The vinyl still sounds better than flac anyways...but I'm glad you care OP.

Well a straight flac rip from a master. A flac rip from a cd is going to sound exactly the same. Let's make sure the demarcation is clear.

It's like the single version of Caravan sounds HUGELY better than the album version, but then someone else mixed it.

Yeah the band talked about remixing Caravan and BU2B for the actual album. Headlong Flight sounded much better as a single too.

Are there any others uploaded somewhere? I'd like to hear the difference.

Not really news telling people that a flac sounds better than a CD. The vinyl still sounds better than flac anyways...but I'm glad you care OP.

Well a straight flac rip from a master. A flac rip from a cd is going to sound exactly the same. Let's make sure the demarcation is clear.

Ok...you go ahead and do that.

Once Botrill gets hold of the masters it will be the definitive version. I heard the vinyl rip and while it is a slight improvement, it wasn't enough to blow me away or anything. I didn't think Chycki's original two singles mixes were perfect either.

Once Botrill gets hold of the masters it will be the definitive version.

So when is this happening?

Who knows, but pretty sure it's a safe bet. He seems to be the band's go to guy these days.(thank God)

Hope so. Its a good album I can't stand listening to.

• Like 1

Once Botrill gets hold of the masters it will be the definitive version.

So when is this happening?

Who knows, but pretty sure it's a safe bet. He seems to be the band's go to guy these days.(thank God)

Hope so. Its a good album I can't stand listening to.

I wouldn't quite go as far as you. That was the old VT for me. Very good material that I couldn't listen to. CA mix is not great, but it doesn't keep me from enjoying the awesome material.

I have the album in HD Flac, 24 bit and it is mastered differently to a straight rip from cd to Flac and sounds better.

Not sure about some posters here saying Flac sounds better than CD, they are identical. As for LP over CD well the sound difference is a matter of taste, to suggest a vinyl LP is a better medium for sound than a CD is nonesense.

• Like 1

I have the album in HD Flac, 24 bit and it is mastered differently to a straight rip from cd to Flac and sounds better.

Not sure about some posters here saying Flac sounds better than CD, they are identical. As for LP over CD well the sound difference is a matter of taste, to suggest a vinyl LP is a better medium for sound than a CD is nonesense.

is that this one: http://www.hdtracks.com/clockwork-angels ?

is that this one: http://www.hdtracks.com/clockwork-angels ?

You have to remember that you need proprietary software and or hardware to play these files. I can play them on my Mac or PC with apps like Vox but you'd really need a headphone amp or a dac to get the best out of them.

My Oppo Bluray will play the files and I have that connected to a high end Pioneer AV receiver. The Oppo also plays DVD-A and SACD btw.

Mostly I play the files on my Fiio X5 portable hi-res player which I love. They cost around $330 but have two micro sd slots (up to 128gb each) and also function as a quality DAC with seperate outputs for headphone, DAC out and line out and there is also a low gain/high gain setting. This player, whilst bigger even than an iPod Classic, is my go to player for all my lossless audio and I couple them with my mid-range B&W P7 phones.

I also own the less costly and far more portable Sony NWZ A15 ( that's an "A10" but appears to be same price) which at £170 is more pocket friendly and also includes Bluetooth. It comes with 16gb of onboard storage but will accept a 128gb micro sd too. Slightly inferior sound to my ears.

Overall the hires albums are quite expensive but they also appear in the usual places if you know what I mean...