Official R40 DVD release info

madrushian

why are people disappointed? we're getting every song from the tour!

I already have every song from the tour including both versions of Losing It.

yep, shitty bootleg recordings, so exciting.

Some of them are done very well. And they are exciting to watch.

• Like 3

why are people disappointed? we're getting every song from the tour!

I already have every song from the tour including both versions of Losing It.

yep, shitty bootleg recordings, so exciting.

Some of them are done very well. And they are exciting to watch.

the bootleg videos are kinda fun in a bad video kind of way but i don't really care that much about the video, i'm just in it for some high quality live audio. every bootleg i've ever heard has sounded pretty crappy, even the ones people have told me sound BETTER THAN AN OFFICIAL RECORDING OMG!!!!!

the best ones i've ever heard sound kind of like an FM radio playing loud in the next room.

The boots are good enough until the commercial release. Thanks for the info on waiting till xmas season see the amazon discount. For those happy with the content of the release. I respect that. THough since this might be the last major tour video. You would think they would put a package that would represent their 40 year Career. This looks like a cash grab for the holidays. Hopefully the fan documentary being a possible stand alone product will be a deluxe package that Im and alot of fans are hoping for as Rush's 40th (41th actually) anniversary package. Soming along the lines of the R30 releases is what i was expecting and hoping will be coming out.
  • Like 2

All you people bitching, and moaning and groaning about no extra bonuses and stuff need to just relax and be patient and know that there will be that stuff when the fan documentary comes out.(nice run on sentence)

If you're mad because you're going to have to pay $$$ again in a year from now or whatever for THAT release, well there's something wrong. Worrying about dishing out $20 in 9 months from now? How broke can you be?

Also...I understand there's people here who are looking more forward to the CD than the video, but I'm the opposite. I love watching their live shows, and music DVD's/Blurays in general. I don't know if it's because some people don't have the patience to sit for 2 and a half hours while watching a band on TV, or whatever the reason may be. I guess people like to just have the audio going while doing other stuff. I get it...but personally I love watching live music stuff from my living room.

As this release goes on sale on a Friday, I will watch it that night at 1am when my roommates are in bed. I'll plug my Sennheiser HD598 headphone into my DVD player, with the audio coming from the Bluray player, and watch it loud, while drinking alone...lol. And then on the Saturday night I will watch it on the surround with a friend or 2 who actually like the band.

I'm very excited for this and plan to have a party with my local Rush friends and crank this 5.1 mix (I assume) f***ing loud!

I might even charge them $11 for lousy beers to get the full concert experience! :laughing guy:

I am kinda relieved that they didn't include the fan documentary on this - I mean, that's cool and all, but there are thousands of hardcore fans, each with unique fan stories. To highlight just a few of them, and sell it with an official release.. I don't know, maybe I think I'd be jealous of them - but on the other hand, I cringe at some of the "fans" that I've encountered at shows, and online.... you know who you are! lol

I think I'm going to wait for some honest reviews before I fork out money for this. I pre-ordered the CA Blu-ray before it came out and I think I've watched it maybe a total of three times. It was awful.
  • Like 2

Seeing as thus was my first and last ever Rush concert, I'm all in on getting the CD and DVD, plus we get every track? Yes!! :D

I think I'm going to wait for some honest reviews before I fork out money for this. I pre-ordered the CA Blu-ray before it came out and I think I've watched it maybe a total of three times. It was awful.

I am going to wait till you order it... :D
  • Like 1

Man was I disappointed at the last theater show. I have a feeling this one won't suck like the last one though... :madra:

I'm listening to the Tulsa CA now. :wub:

What a night that was on here!

I think you mean R40

I'm listening to CA from the Tulsa show.

Oh OK. I tend to tune out the entire first half of the show for the most part. :LOL:

• Like 2

I'm listening to the Tulsa CA now. :wub:

What a night that was on here!

I think you mean R40

I'm listening to CA from the Tulsa show.

Oh OK. I tend to tune out the entire first half of the show for the most part. :LOL:

The first 4 or 5 for me anyway. OLV... ouch