Listening to an old interview...

Lost In Xanadu

Is it true that Neil Peart wasn't the original drummer? Did anyone else know this?

No, how can that be true? If Neil always writes the lyrics, does that mean their original stuff had no lyrics?

• Like 1

Is it true that Neil Peart wasn't the original drummer? Did anyone else know this?

No, how can that be true? If Neil always writes the lyrics, does that mean their original stuff had no lyrics?

pretty sure it was all elevator music. It was really before they started working, man
  • Like 1

pretty sure it was all elevator music. It was really before they started working, man

It was before they sold out!

While you're on the subject, it has been revealed in certain secluded circles that Geddy was actually not the original bass player, either.

Alex told him that the accordion wouldn't make them rock stars.

Then they sold out.

While you're on the subject, it has been revealed in certain secluded circles that Geddy was actually not the original bass player, either.

Then they sold out.

Yeah, I heard that too. They were even going to fire Geddy. If it wasn't for his mother's matzo ball soup, they would have.

Then they sold out.

Yeah, I heard that too. They were even going to fire Geddy. If it wasn't for his mother's matzo ball soup, they would have.

I hear "Geddy" ISN'T EVEN HIS REAL NAME!!!
  • Like 2

Then they sold out.

:o Is there anything genuine about them???

• Like 1

Then they sold out.

I think the dollar signs are real.

• Like 2

Then they sold out.

Quite right. What are we all waiting for then? If RUSH can do it, anyone can.

We shall start a show - The Rush Forum Follies.

Within weeks, we shall all be superstars and leave RUSH behind in the dust.

We shall give RUSH a chance to our fans for a change. :cool:

• Like 1

Then they sold out.

Quite right. What are we all waiting for then? If RUSH can do it, anyone can.

We shall start a show - The Rush Forum Follies.

Within weeks, we shall all be superstars and leave RUSH behind in the dust.

We shall give RUSH a chance to our fans for a change. :cool:

I have a great photo of all of us, too! All decked out in stage clothes, like they wore in the early days; all of us pictured, with our instruments.

It's too bad I don't have any way to post it here. I don't do the image hosting thing.

• Like 1

:(

That's all right, Blue J. Our anonymity is protected and assured. We will be able to go to McDonald's just like all the other peasants without being mobbed. :) ;) ;)

:haz:

It truly is the simple things in life that make the biggest differences.

• Like 1

Wait, I thought Neil Peart was the guitar player...

Oh, I think Neil was the original guitar player, and Alex was the original drummer. Then they switched instruments.

Oh, I think Neil was the original guitar player, and Alex was the original drummer. Then they switched instruments.

Yeah, on the live video shown during Tom Sawyer this tour, they showed them all playing different instruments. Also, according the the same video, three monkeys used to play as Rush. That's probably how the band started out.

• Like 2

Yeah, on the live video shown during Tom Sawyer this tour, they showed them all playing different instruments. Also, according the the same video, three monkeys used to play as Rush. That's probably how the band started out.

That explains a lot... I thought I just had some strong beer. Also explains why I left the shows covered in poo... and with fleas
  • Like 3

Recently unearthed audio of this breaking discovery: