Post Unpopular Rush Opinions

Eel Yddeg

https://youtu.be/0hsaNTUBvyQ

This man is a huge prog head but I get the impression Rush never clicked with him for some reason.

Yes, every one of his album reviews would be an unpopular opinion on here.

I think Clockwork Angels was the only one he gave a decent score to, because of the fanpack.

I love that fanpack though

The debut album is actually a minor classic and Before And After is one of the earliest Rush classics.

More fans should be aware of Before And After! Possibly the best song off the first three albums!

What he said :musicnote:
  • Like 2

I think Clockwork Angels is better than Signals, 2112, Power Windows, Fly By Night and possibly Caress Of Steel.

:LMAO: :whip:
  • Like 1

Old school fans would be much happier if every record after grace under pressure was a financial disaster and no further fans were added to the mix........

Although it is difficult to disagree with such a reasoned statement, I personally would push that out to CP~

I think Clockwork Angels is better than Signals, 2112, Power Windows, Fly By Night and possibly Caress Of Steel.

:LMAO: :whip:

I take this the f**k back

I still really like CA now but....I really was not write with this LMAO

Hence my revisiting this great bands work from start to finish!

• Like 2

Rush aren't the best band ever in existence

That's not an unpopular opinion at all but it is a little awkward writing that on a Rush forum and expecting overall enthusiasm for said post...

Dog Years is an amazing song

it damn sure is!!!!!

Wow, something I finally agree with you both on. Normally I dismiss the opinions of both you as the rantings of the unhinged but on Dog Years you’re right.

• Like 3

Test For Echo is there best album

Bollocks

Never mind the bullocks, Permanent Waves is the best seventies album that is also the best eighties album of all time.

• Like 1

Here's one to get me killed:

I hate Limelight. It ruins MP for me. If I hear it on the radio I turn it off. I hate the riff, the solo is really lame but trying to sound grandiose, the changing time signatures don't find a groove. And although I admire the sentiment of the lyrics, they come across as whiney to me.

When I was getting into Rush I heard great songs like Xanadu and The Trees, then got into some of the poppy GuP-Presto stuff, and then heard Limelight and thought "what is this shit? And it's one of their most popular songs??"

I don't get it and my mind can't be changed.

• Like 4

I hate Limelight. ... And although I admire the sentiment of the lyrics, they come across as whiney to me.

I don't hate Limelight, but I don't enjoy it a whole lot either.

As to whiny lyrics... yeah, kinda maybe. But he really gets whiny on Snakes and Arrows!

• Like 3

Neal is a fantastic, other-worldly, unparalleled drummer, however, Neal's social etiquette is abysmal.
  • Like 1

The lyrics to Snakes and Arrows were written by an angry, bitter, self-important old man.

Haha...

All a matter of perception, really.

Perception? Indeed... "...written by an angry, bitter, self-important old man."? Absolutely (except for the "old" part)
  • Like 1

I hate Limelight. It ruins MP for me. If I hear it on the radio I turn it off. I hate the riff, the solo is really lame but trying to sound grandiose, the changing time signatures don't find a groove. And although I admire the sentiment of the lyrics, they come across as whiney to me.

When I was getting into Rush I heard great songs like Xanadu and The Trees, then got into some of the poppy GuP-Presto stuff, and then heard Limelight and thought "what is this shit? And it's one of their most popular songs??"

I don't get it and my mind can't be changed.

Limelight is what made MP a really good first listen into one of the most life changing music experiences of my life.

I love that song so much.

No Limelight, and my burst of excited enthusiasm may have taken a lot longer to take hold.

But I get you. I am not the biggest fan of Natural Science.

• Like 2