Post Unpopular Rush Opinions

Eel Yddeg

Cold Fire and Everyday Glory are underrated/neglected tracks on Counterparts.

Yes!

Two of my top ten Rush songs

• Like 2

Face Up is actually a decent song. Big Wheel and YBYL are still of the two worst songs they ever wrote.

Not a fan of YBYL but I like the other two.

And I agree that RTB (as an album) is excellent.

:goodone: on all fronts...I love Roll the Bones, except for that last song- possibly the worst piece of dreck they ever committed to an album.

But if Roll the Bones had been just nine songs and 43 minutes, instead of ten songs, and 48...it would have been even better.

Face Up is actually a decent song. Big Wheel and YBYL are still of the two worst songs they ever wrote.

Not a fan of YBYL but I like the other two.

And I agree that RTB (as an album) is excellent.

:goodone: on all fronts...I love Roll the Bones, except for that last song- possibly the worst piece of dreck they ever committed to an album.

But if Roll the Bones had been just nine songs and 43 minutes, instead of ten songs, and 48...it would have been even better.

It's an album I always enjoy more than I remember.

Of the top of my head I can name a bunch of songs I legit love:

Dreamline

Bravado (aaaah...this song...love love love)

Roll The Bones (I love the rap)

The Big Wheel

Heresy

Ghost Of A Chance

• Like 4

I love The Big Wheel. I feel such an emotional connection to the lyrics and music.

The lyrics remind me of when I was young and thinking "What's gonna happen with my life? Will I be happy? Will I have a good life???".

• Like 6

I love The Big Wheel. I feel such an emotional connection to the lyrics and music.

The lyrics remind me of when I was young and thinking "What's gonna happen with my life? Will I be happy? Will I have a good life???".

YAAASSSS

ASSSS

http://gifsec.com/wp-content/uploads/GIF/2014/05/GIF-Smack-that-ass.gif?gs=a

Based on what I've seen around I love a lot of unpopular songs.

Anagram has always been a favorite.

I hate Stick it Out.

I love Countdown.

I really like Dog Years despite the obvious lyrics.

Fountain of Lamneth is brilliant.

I am a lyrics first guy, always have been. And yet I actually like Need Some Love.

I never cared much for Mission.

I love High Water.

Tai Shan's...okay.

Test For Echo is a Very Good album.

You Bet Your Life is one of my favorite songs of RTB.

So is The Big Wheel.

So is Face Up.

In fact, RTB is better than Presto. By a lot.

I probably have other unpopular opinions that I don't know are unpopular yet. In fact, my love for CA is emboldened by the fact that Seven Cities of Gold is in my top 2 songs on that album, and I love BU2B, which to my surprise are frequently considered the weakest of the bunch.

I think Side Two of 2112 is better than either side of Permanent Waves

You do love those songs.

I play 2112 more than Permanent Waves, and always have, so maybe without realising it I secretly agree!

• Like 1

Based on what I've seen around I love a lot of unpopular songs.

Anagram has always been a favorite.

I hate Stick it Out.

I love Countdown.

I really like Dog Years despite the obvious lyrics.

Fountain of Lamneth is brilliant.

I am a lyrics first guy, always have been. And yet I actually like Need Some Love.

I never cared much for Mission.

I love High Water.

Tai Shan's...okay.

Test For Echo is a Very Good album.

You Bet Your Life is one of my favorite songs of RTB.

So is The Big Wheel.

So is Face Up.

In fact, RTB is better than Presto. By a lot.

I probably have other unpopular opinions that I don't know are unpopular yet. In fact, my love for CA is emboldened by the fact that Seven Cities of Gold is in my top 2 songs on that album, and I love BU2B, which to my surprise are frequently considered the weakest of the bunch.

I have come to realise I really love most of everything off Hold Your Fire through Test For Echo.

Excellent rock albums, a lot of classic Rush as well.

You do love those songs.

I play 2112 more than Permanent Waves, and always have, so maybe without realising it I secretly agree!

Had Jacob's Ladder and Natural Science been Side 2 of Permanent Waves, that's a different story .. esp had they extended Jacob out from a 20 ladder to a 40 foot ladder

You do love those songs.

Had Jacob's Ladder and Natural Science been Side 2 of Permanent Waves, that's a different story .. esp had they extended Jacob out from a 20 ladder to a 40 foot ladder

Jacobs Ladder is my favourite song on that album. Better than anything off Hemispheres as well.

• Like 2

The production of A Farewell to Kings just lacks a certain something.

Excepting Cygnus X-1, the whole thing seems to have a little too much middle and high range, and not enough bottom end.

Not by much- I mean it's certainly not horrible. But it's the least well-produced of the Terry Brown era.

The production of A Farewell to Kings just lacks a certain something.

Excepting Cygnus X-1, the whole thing seems to have a little too much middle and high range, and not enough bottom end.

Not by much- I mean it's certainly not horrible. But it's the least well-produced of the Terry Brown era.

I think Caress Of Steel is Terry's weakest production job. Somehow a step down from FBN even though they had more time to record it. Mostly Geddy's vocals...I think he should have double tracked them like he did on FBN to give them a thicker presence.