Post Unpopular Rush Opinions

Eel Yddeg

BUMP!

Here's a big one.

I don't like Exit Stage Left. Liking a live album is strongly influenced by how much of an accurate live representation it is. And with Exit Stage Left's rampant overdubs, fade ins and fade outs, abridged setlist, and using songs from other shows, it doesn't show a real live representation at all.

I would agree with the overdubs and fades, but as for abridged set list, this would disqualify albums such as Live at Leeds by the Who. And that is one of the greatest live albums ever recorded.

And it was hardly all live and wasnt even recorded At Leeds.

Xanadu is brilliant, and Closer to the Heart is a deserved radio and concert staple, but beyond that, A Farewell to Kings is a mess of an album.

Side 1 is amazing. Side 2... Nasamuch.

Title track fails to amaze this fan. In the way the band intends, anyway.

They haven't done anything worthy of the brand for nearly thirty years.

I don't think that's actually an unpopular opinion, just that most people wouldn't put it that harsh. They'd say "Their last truly great album was [insert album between 81 and 87]" instead.

I don't think that's actually an unpopular opinion, just that most people wouldn't put it that harsh. They'd say "Their last truly great album was [insert album between 81 and 87]" instead.

Like much of the opinions expressed on this thread, it is both popular, and unpopular.

Xanadu is brilliant, and Closer to the Heart is a deserved radio and concert staple, but beyond that, A Farewell to Kings is a mess of an album.

Cinderella Man and Madrigal are good, and Cygnus X-1 is AWESOME, one of my top 5.

• Like 1

The harshness with which I expressed it is what makes the opinion unpopular...I stand by it anyway.

Cinderella Man and Madrigal are good, and Cygnus X-1 is AWESOME, one of my top 5.

CM and Madrigal are weak.

Kings, CoS, RtB and GuP are at the bottom of my list being merely mediocre. Debut is there too but that one is cut from a different cloth.

Sometimes Geddy's voice makes me cringe, such as at the start of Closer to the Heart "And the men....". Edited by thirteen
  • Like 1

It's funny that I like the Wal so much considering I didn't like the steinberger's sound very much. The Wal just had a certain groovy factor that the other basses didn't have.

The Big Wheel is almost a Grade A Rush classic
  • Like 3