Post Unpopular Rush Opinions

Eel Yddeg

BUMP!

Here's a big one.

I don't like Exit Stage Left. Liking a live album is strongly influenced by how much of an accurate live representation it is. And with Exit Stage Left's rampant overdubs, fade ins and fade outs, abridged setlist, and using songs from other shows, it doesn't show a real live representation at all.

I would agree with the overdubs and fades, but as for abridged set list, this would disqualify albums such as Live at Leeds by the Who. And that is one of the greatest live albums ever recorded.

BUMP!

Here's a big one.

I don't like Exit Stage Left. Liking a live album is strongly influenced by how much of an accurate live representation it is. And with Exit Stage Left's rampant overdubs, fade ins and fade outs, abridged setlist, and using songs from other shows, it doesn't show a real live representation at all.

I would agree with the overdubs and fades, but as for abridged set list, this would disqualify albums such as Live at Leeds by the Who. And that is one of the greatest live albums ever recorded.

To be fair, that did get a full release later on.

• Like 1

RUSH would be better as a quartet with a full time key board player.

so......what does this "full time keyboard player" do when there are no keyboard parts? Just sit there like an idiot?

cuz If so I'm the man for the job.

Just, uhhhh...teach me how to play keyboards.

so......what does this "full time keyboard player" do when there are no keyboard parts? Just sit there like an idiot?

You can program a lot of that stuff ahead of time and just fake it on stage!

Rush has a full time keyboard player named geddy Lee. Every time they need keys he plays them.

You can program a lot of that stuff ahead of time and just fake it on stage!

Uh...right so why does Rush need a full time keyboard player again?

Rush has a full time keyboard player named geddy Lee. Every time they need keys he plays them.

I believe that guy also plays bass and sings at the same time as well. Pretty talented dude if you ask me.

• Like 1

I believe that guy also plays bass and sings at the same time as well. Pretty talented dude if you ask me.

I can barely speak and walk at the same time so thats pretty cool.

• Like 1

As unpopular as this opinion is, I agree with it. I'm sure they could have found someone great willing to play with them.

And on songs where there are no keyboards....the keyboardist can hide behind a shower curtain on stage haha.

I don't see why anyone could hate the debut. 40 minutes of pure hard rock glory.

I dont hate it either. It is what it is supposed to be. That doesnt mean that I want to listen to it but one should give it the respect it deserves.

I always enjoy it a lot. I don't remember it afterwards but as a debut album, it packs a mighty punch and makes a bold statement for such a young band!

I don't see why anyone could hate the debut. 40 minutes of pure hard rock glory.

Here Again is in my top 5 favorite Rush songs...yup, right up there with Xanadu, Natural Science, Vital Signs, and 2112. (Whoa, don't know that I ever put my top 5 in print before! )

• Like 2

:bump:

The steinberger bass was great. The sound was precise and it fit the music they were making at the time. It was also great for mid range sounds unlike the Wal which was way too thin sounding.

Tone was lacking in regards to what the Rick brought to the table, but it was a glorious little run for that POS bass. I don't know how Geddy did it, but he made that thing look fun to play...I tried and ended up selling mine rather quickly. However you have a point. It fit at the time. Not a long time though.

:bump:

The steinberger bass was great. The sound was precise and it fit the music they were making at the time. It was also great for mid range sounds unlike the Wal which was way too thin sounding.

Tone was lacking in regards to what the Rick brought to the table, but it was a glorious little run for that POS bass. I don't know how Geddy did it, but he made that thing look fun to play...I tried and ended up selling mine rather quickly. However you have a point. It fit at the time. Not a long time though.

I thought the only reason I used it was because it was so small and he wouldn't hit the headstock on the microphone stands. Otherwise it really had no presence at all.

Xanadu is brilliant, and Closer to the Heart is a deserved radio and concert staple, but beyond that, A Farewell to Kings is a mess of an album.

.. and I thought my previous post was nutty

Edited by Lucas

Garden Road is a better song than anything off of Moving Pictures

Eew no

:bump: The steinberger bass was great. The sound was precise and it fit the music they were making at the time. It was also great for mid range sounds unlike the Wal which was way too thin sounding.

I'm trying to remember if any of his gear lists in the tour books included "I have two POS basses to go along with my extra large Ged goggles..."

Serially, tho', it has been brought to my attention by the senders of the world of the beneath, between, behind that a confluence of events had been fostered ages ago (by the gods that be, as they were) in order to one day have the Rick in Ged's hands so as to enable the creation of a specific sound for The Camera Eye — any benefits outside of this thereby being serendipitous, any flaws, unfortunate, but necessary.

• Like 1