Post Unpopular Rush Opinions

Eel Yddeg

The transition from pre-chorus to chorus for Witch Hunt is literally a musical orgasm.

The GUP live performance is the best live performance of Rush and Geddy's voice was at it's peak around that time period.

80s was the best decade for Rush because of the willingness they had to experiment. Even traversing into Duran Duran, A Flock Of Seagulls, and Frankie Goes To Hollywood territory to write songs that could be played in a dance club, yet still be powerful musically. Even Alex's talents were well showcased with pretty against the grain chord patterns and solos.

Edited by fraroc
  • Like 10

I've seen most say that his peak was the 80s.

Then they would be wrong. An unpopular opinion would be that it is better or as good as ever the past dozen years or so... :) Edited by Narps
  • Like 5

Ged n Al follow in the Grateful Dead footsteps and form many many successful post TOURING iterations of Rush after a legendary band member is no longer able/willing to participate...

The Other Two

Rush Dog

Ged Lesh n Friends

Rush and Company

The Rush Dead Shall Inherit the Earth (RDSIE)

2112 Further

And of course, LEEFSON

Edited by Gabrielgil513
  • Like 3

Snakes & Arrows has been approved by the FDA as a suitable replacement for Unisome...

That's a fact, not an opinion.

• Like 1

Currently inside Narps' brain:

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Admin/BkFill/Default_image_group/2013/10/4/1380887674556/Hamster-Running-on-Wheel-008.jpg

;)

At least it's not a Presto bunny...it would suck thinking you had tinnitis.

• Like 1

Then they would be wrong. An unpopular opinion would be that it is better or as good as ever the past dozen years or so... :)

I think he still sounds fine! Might not be the helium tenor of the 70s, but he still sounds good!

• Like 3

Then they would be wrong. An unpopular opinion would be that it is better or as good as ever the past dozen years or so... :)

I think he still sounds fine! Might not be the helium tenor of the 70s, but he still sounds good!

Welcome to the forum btw and I agree that "fine" might be a good word to describe his voice at this point. He tries his @ss off still I will give you that...
  • Like 1

Vapor Trails is a masterpiece, and Earthshine is a better song than Hemispheres.

Is that a popular or unpopular opinion around here? Sometimes its hard to tell... :LOL:

I used to think my opinion that Clockwork Angels is an excellent album was unpopular, but recent threads showing just how many people love that album have me thinking otherwise. :D
  • Like 8

I used to think my opinion that Clockwork Angels is an excellent album was unpopular, but recent threads showing just how many people love that album have me thinking otherwise. :D

Overall it still is. The word "excellent" being the key word there...
  • Like 1

Vapor Trails is a masterpiece, and Earthshine is a better song than Hemispheres.

Is that a popular or unpopular opinion around here? Sometimes its hard to tell... :LOL:

I don't know. :eh: Now I'm confused. :unsure:

Me too... :LOL:
  • Like 1