Is Clockwork Angels Any Good?

Fridge

yes, in my humble opinion it is a good representation of a great band--but that being said you may not like it at all depending upon your valid taste in music.

the only way to tell is to break out the old record player and drop the needle on the disk and as with all Rush recordings play it twice or you may not really understand if you like it or not.

• Like 2

Probably my favorite since MP. My brain could debate with itself about that with Signals and GUP. By it does hold the distinction of being the ONLY album for which when I went to a live show that I hoped they played a bunch of tunes off of the new album as opposed to neglecting the new album and saving time for the old classics (my first show was HYF)
  • Like 3

As much as I like to shit on it, it's a great album (with a couple clunkers). It's definitely worthy of being peeped by you

Great musical arrangements with HORRIBLY stuffed in, oddly timed lyrics. Would've been epic if the vocals flowed with the music. A few good songs with many opportunities if the lyrics are rewritten. But that's not gonna happen...

Great musical arrangements with HORRIBLY stuffed in, oddly timed lyrics. Would've been epic if the vocals flowed with the music. A few good songs with many opportunities if the lyrics are rewritten. But that's not gonna happen...

It was voted album of the year by the American Shoehorn Association. While Neil had won numerous "Hornies" in the past for best lyricist, this was the group's first for AotY. Finally edged out Dream Theater!
  • Like 4

Just wondering as I haven't got round to it yet....

Should I bother?

If you like heavier, guitar driven Rush (and especially if you like loud and overly compressed sounding recordings), then yes, you should bother and will probably love it. Edited by TexMike