Neil Peart - Most Overrated Drummer Ever

LedRush

Yes, Neil is an outstanding drummer.

I almost fainted at the sight of all this positivity!

• Like 1

Neil is and will always be my favourite drummer... has been since 1976. But, (and this is coming from me, a drummer,) he really is over-rated. Not by miles, but he is...especially, Thomas Lang... look out. No comparison. Google "Thomas Lang drum solo" on the Youtubes... you will be in shock. He is WAY better than even Buddy Rich was at his peak. Try this one -

Bah, I will not watch this Anti-Peart propaganda. If this Thomas Lang is so great why have I not heard of him??? Why not? These opinions of yours do not mesh with my RUSH Fan Boy feelings. As a non-drummer my opinion holds more weight than yours. Get out of here with this Thomas Lang jazz.

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/hand-gestures/audience-clapping-smiley-emoticon.gif

Right on, John Rogers.

We will make you the spokesperson for the little talentless Rush fanatics.

That's right! Neil Peart may be a douche but he is the greatest drummer ever. Buddy Rich's last words on his death bed were a hushed whispered "Neil Peart", then a drumstick he was clutching fell from his hand.

That's very touching.

• Like 1

It is not even in question. Neil is a great rock drummer and one of the biggest influences ever, but he cannot even compare to some of the others. Thomas Lang is a freak. His double bass playing is f'ing out of this world. But as has been hinted at, he is most well known amongst drummers, while Neil and other popular drummers have achieved mass success and are considered the best even with less talent. This happens with all instruments by the way. Some of the best players in the world toil away in obscurity. Thomas Lang could never display his virtuosity in a band setting.
  • Like 1

tumblr_nfb0ttox8Z1sk5mrio1_500.jpg

Is there anyone that can hold a candle to him?

Well only the aforementioned Micky Dolenz! :)

Actually I like Micky and give him props for stepping into something totally new and doing it. He turned into a decent drummer. But I am biased cause I like the Monkees.

• Like 1

Who or what bands has this Thomas Lang played with??? Has any album he has been recorded on been as important as Presto?

And I would like to know what kind of motorcycle this Lang fella scoots around in and if he is a good cook and if he loves bacon.

:popcorn:

• Like 2

It is not even in question. Neil is a great rock drummer and one of the biggest influences ever, but he cannot even compare to some of the others. Thomas Lang is a freak. His double bass playing is f'ing out of this world. But as has been hinted at, he is most well known amongst drummers, while Neil and other popular drummers have achieved mass success and are considered the best even with less talent. This happens with all instruments by the way. Some of the best players in the world toil away in obscurity. Thomas Lang could never display his virtuosity in a band setting.

This comment sums it up exactly. Thomas Lang is a MONSTER drummer, but in a band, he'd have a hard time showing us HOW good he is. Tony Royster Jr., same thing. He did a tour with Kanye West... poor man must have been bored out of his skull. Must have been good pay...
  • Like 2

Poor little bugger has his tenor toms set up backwards... brings back memories though. Holy SHIT I'm gettin' old!!!
  • Like 1

Actually I like Micky and give him props for stepping into something totally new and doing it. He turned into a decent drummer. But I am biased cause I like the Monkees.

And Davy was certainly no slouch.

• Like 1

This comment sums it up exactly. Thomas Lang is a MONSTER drummer, but in a band, he'd have a hard time showing us HOW good he is. Tony Royster Jr., same thing. He did a tour with Kanye West... poor man must have been bored out of his skull. Must have been good pay...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Lang

And Davy was certainly no slouch.

http://youtu.be/ejw_LOi-nhk

I have read that Davy actually could play a little, but the producers of the show didn't want the 5'3" teen idol to be hidden behind a drumkit.

Neil is and will always be my favourite drummer... has been since 1976. But, (and this is coming from me, a drummer,) he really is over-rated. Not by miles, but he is. He is a great rock drummer, one of the best, for sure and perfect for Rush. But, if you put him up against people like Mike Mangini, Mike Portnoy, Tony Royster Jr., Dave Weckl and especially, Thomas Lang... look out. No comparison. Google "Thomas Lang drum solo" on the Youtubes... you will be in shock. He is WAY better than even Buddy Rich was at his peak. Try this one -

Whoah, slow down. Buddy could do that with one bass drum. The reason he didn't use two bass drums is because he didn't want to create an event horizon that would devour our universe.

Seriously, this Lang guy is clearly talented but he's no Buddy Rich. You need to watch more Buddy. We all need to watch more Buddy.

• Like 2

We listen to a lot of Buddy Rich here at the cigar lounge. Yet we know nothing aboot his life. Dose he pretend strangers are long awaited friends??? Edited by JohnRogers