Neil Peart - Most Overrated Drummer Ever

LedRush

This is a funny thread and I actually know a fuckking great drummer who said the very same thing. So back in 1984 Y&T opened up for RUSH on the GUP Tour. Three weeks on the East Coast. I was pissed because back then Rush and Y&T were my favorite bands!

Anyway I know that Leonard Haze absolutely was annoyed by Neil's playing.

Now I know many of your Rush Fanatics could give a shit about Y&T. They are hard rock man. It was an odd mix. Leonard Haze sounds like fukking John Bonham or Tommy Lee when he hits his Ludwig kit. His bass drum is the same size as Bonzo's. If you know your Motley Crue you would know that Tommy also had a GIANT bass drum.

Leonard seriously thinks that NEIL PEART IS THE MOST OVERRATED DRUMMER IN THE WORLD!

Oh and guess what? I know Dave Meniketti too. I remember arguing with Dave about great drummers. Now Dave knew that I was RUSHHEAD. He went right for the jugular. Or should I say "GO FOR THE THROAT! LOL!!!! That's a Y&T song! So Dave told me that many drummers in the professional world of music think that Neil is completely OVERRATED!

I remember some of the famous drummers but I won't write them down.

I could give a shit man. NEIL IS THE BEST!! Well WAS THE BEST!

I love you NEIL! YOU DICK!

I HAD ONE CHANCE IN MY LIFE TO MEET YOU AND YOU BACKED AWAY AND CLOSED YOUR BUS DOOR ON ME!!! EPIC!!!

NOT A FAIL

He's perfect for RUSH, and has one of the most unique and recognizable styles out there. And he's remarkably inventive.

Plenty of better drummers, but few are greater than Neil.

10643851_1632884596949810_382329367_n.jpg

YOU SAID IT ALL!

NICE BOBBLEHEAD!

• Like 1

Sometimes I wonder if Rush actually has fans. I mean, yeah, I know they do, but I see some of the stuff posted on their supposed FAN forums and wonder...

Especially those Neil haters. You'd think no one liked him at all.

I still think Rush would have had greater success if Micky Dolenz had been their drummer instead of Neil.

• Like 2

a one, two, three, FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLyY_n3ezDI

Awesome. I have never heard this before. The one,two,three,fooooooooooooooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrr is incredible. Gave me chills to be honest... :codger:

If I remember correctly :unsure: , I think EagleMoon mentioned this one once.

holy fret buzz geddy yeesh!

Yup. If he's going to attack the strings like that during such a soft piece of music, he needs to roll back the volume some.

• Like 1

a one, two, three, FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLyY_n3ezDI

Awesome. I have never heard this before. The one,two,three,fooooooooooooooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrr is incredible. Gave me chills to be honest... :codger:

If I remember correctly :unsure: , I think EagleMoon mentioned this one once.

holy fret buzz geddy yeesh!

I think he must have just picked up the new Ric and hadn't set it up yet. :LOL:

He must have figured it out because on ATWAS it sounds majestic. It does to my untrained ear anyway. Clear and powerful... :)

Well sure, that was recorded a couple of years later. It only takes about an hour to set up a bass. :)

Thanks Miss Eagle. I learn something every day... :)

Geddy should have fired his bass tech! Oh wait Geddy was the bass tech.

Obviously back then all bands were pretty much show up, plug in, and play without the elaborate preparations.

Here's old Hendrix concert footage and it's laughable how low key they start the concert, especially compared to today. It's like they showed up 5 minutes before they went on and just grabbed their axes and went on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqTVovlhy1s

I'm no drummer and maybe that's why I disagree I think his rating is accurate I'm sure there are fanatics that play it up and that may be frustrating, but I find his arrangements fun and complicated. Just my opinion.
  • Like 1

Most overrated drumer ever...really?

F*ck me people today love to exaggerate.

The fact that Neil is one of the few drummers who (along with Bonham) is known by non-drummers and non-muso's has put sand in some vaginas.

The fact that Neil is one of the few drummers who (along with Bonham) is known by non-drummers and non-muso's has put sand in some vaginas.

The thread is not meant to be taken seriously.

No no, my last post was absolutely serious.

Correction: Most of this thread is not meant to be taken seriously.

But, honestly...don't you all think Rush would have made a greater success of themselves with Micky?

Wow...of all the stupid things I've read on this forum, this one takes the cake. It's so awful I can't tell if it is intended to be funny or just asinine. " duuhh I played du drums once, I know about dem"... Jeesus titty f-ing Christ. I'd love to see what the dingleberries who talk shit would say if they ran into Pratt in public. " oh, Hi...Hi GOD of all things drum and drumming. I love your music- but I am an ass clown coward and talk shit about you online, on a f-o-r-u-m, mostly because I have no life, friends or talent..but I love your music."

Bottom line: The band would be better if it had different members.

Amen brother!

even if you're kidding, this is ridiculous

wow

This whole thread is tongue in cheek. You need to read it that way.

hence the 'even if you're kidding' caveat

if it has to be explained = joke fail

thanks for playing

• Like 1

Wow...of all the stupid things I've read on this forum, this one takes the cake. It's so awful I can't tell if it is intended to be funny or just asinine. " duuhh I played du drums once, I know about dem"... Jeesus titty f-ing Christ. I'd love to see what the dingleberries who talk shit would say if they ran into Pratt in public. " oh, Hi...Hi GOD of all things drum and drumming. I love your music- but I am an ass clown coward and talk shit about you online, on a f-o-r-u-m, mostly because I have no life, friends or talent..but I love your music."

This whole thread is tongue in cheek. You need to read it that way.