the Official Autumnal Equinox Thread

goose

Autmn is great. Crisp, clear, rustly.

I have a love/hate relationship with it as of late. The last 10 years or so I have developed Winter Blues and Depression that gets worse every year.

I'm not trying to sound to dramatic about it, but the cold and lack of sunlight just sucks away my enjoyment of things. Sigh.

• Like 2

Autumn reminds me of a poem my grandfather used to share with me.

In the summer, when it's hot and sultry, is no time to commit adultery.

But in the fall when the frost is on the pumpkin, tis the season for dickie dunkin.

My grandpa was a fun man. :LOL:

• Like 1

OK, class, pay attention. This will all be on the test tomorrow!! :P :P :P

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_SdzgahSbj34/TJjlUUFKoGI/AAAAAAAAAwY/SB7NHqYJS-0/s1600/autumnalequinox.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-y3S3bi66OKE/UUPUem5-9JI/AAAAAAAAHAs/ApioGOy0zeY/s1600/equinox.jpg

• Like 1

I have a love/hate relationship with it as of late. The last 10 years or so I have developed Winter Blues and Depression that gets worse every year.

I'm not trying to sound to dramatic about it, but the cold and lack of sunlight just sucks away my enjoyment of things. Sigh.

That's why I can't live in Washington. The short, gloomy days drag me under.
  • Like 1

I understand what you are saying as I suffer winter blues and depression also. When I dont have to go to work, I rarely leave my house anymore during the winter and lead a reclusive life at home . It's getting more desperate for me every year... Sigh!

• Like 1

Yup, I understand. There's something about sunlight that makes me feel so much better.

• Like 3

Yup, I understand. There's something about sunlight that makes me feel so much better.

I can tell, from your avatar. :)

• Like 1

I'm thinking about trying something like this, this winter to help with the blues.

The ion therapy is rubbish, I think. The light is the important part.

After moving to a city with fewer hours of sunlight and having a very difficult first winter there, my best friend (who battles seasonal affective disorder) purchased a similar lamp. He found the subsequent winters SO much easier and credited it all to the lamp. If you decide to purchase one, I hope it will make such a substantial difference for you! :)

• Like 3

Autumn reminds me of a poem my grandfather used to share with me.

In the summer, when it's hot and sultry, is no time to commit adultery.

But in the fall when the frost is on the pumpkin, tis the season for dickie dunkin.

My grandpa was a fun man. :LOL:

Yeah, my grandpa was a dirty old man too. :)

• Like 1

What's the most popular holiday in Kentucky?

HALLOWEEN........because we like to PUMP KIN.

;) ;) ;)