R40 Live DVD... Roll The Bones Live - Nov 20th release

Mark_L

The title is likely only for promotional purposes, though I'm shocked it's out this quickly. It'll end up being just three and a half months from the end of the tour, but I guess it'll be about five from the show's recording. The mix sounds pretty solid. Geddy is pretty loud, so I'm sure a whole mess of people will end up complaining about the vocals. But at the end of the day, that's just a part of being in your 60s.

Oh well. I'm excited! Sounds good, and I'll have some new Rush material in two months from now. Yippie!

• Like 1

The title is likely only for promotional purposes, though I'm shocked it's out this quickly. It'll end up being just three and a half months from the end of the tour, but I guess it'll be about five from the show's recording. The mix sounds pretty solid. Geddy is pretty loud, so I'm sure a whole mess of people will end up complaining about the vocals. But at the end of the day, that's just a part of being in your 60s.

Oh well. I'm excited! Sounds good, and I'll have some new Rush material in two months from now. Yippie!

I prefer vocals to be up front, I wanna hear Geddy clearly and not like CA Tour where he's buried by everything.

Yay, just 2 more months! Praying that Botrill is doing the audio for the DVD as well.

I'm pretty sure the same guy mixes everything.

The audio should be much crisp and cleaner on DVD and BluRay than it is on CD.

It's too bad the sample on Amazon is super low quality because I want to hear the full quality of the mix.

Great title choice. The band recognizes that RTB got a bunch of new fans and lured back old ones who left in the dark days of the dreaded synth. Plus, it captures the band's attitude very, well.

Alas, this is probably a single so that I am forced to spend some extra money on the band.

Since i will never see Rush(most likely) this is great news that the dvd will be out so soon.Anyway i am just enjoying R30 on blue-ray picked up for $3 at a reject shop along with Dream Theater,Zappa,Jeff Beck among others.Bargain.
  • Like 2

From Ultimate Classic Rock Sept 18th.

Back in June, rush filmed two shows of their R40 Live tour at the Air Canada Centre in Toronto with the intention of releasing it. Today (Sept. 18), the band announced that the CD/DVD set will be available on Nov. 20.

The band broke the news on their website, although they didn’t divulge the name or the track listing. But they did note that it will contain nearly three hours of footage, including many songs that “have either never been performed before or never been captured on video.” The DVD will also pay attention to the set design, which changed repeatedly during the show to reflect the era of the song that they were performing.

Next Friday, they will give a preview of the set by giving out a downloadable version of “Roll the Bones” from the CD.

...including many songs that “have either never been performed before or never been captured on video.”

I wonder if this might mean that some things they did in sound check but never made it to the show were filmed and will be included?

That would be quite a nice surprise!

• Like 1

...including many songs that “have either never been performed before or never been captured on video.”

I wonder if this might mean that some things they did in sound check but never made it to the show were filmed and will be included?

Or it could mean Geddy is having another brain fart.

• Like 1

Or it could mean Geddy is having another brain fart.

I hope not.

• Like 1

I mean, "How it Is," "Losing It," "Jacob's Ladder," "Lakeside Park" and "What You're Doing" are all in the set...

Edited by thizzellewashington
  • Like 3

Likely including Losing It, How It Is, Jacob's Ladder, Hemispheres, What You're Doing, songs never recorded on video

I'll be eagerly awaiting the single. The fact that theres a possibility that David Bottril is mixing this thing gives me SOME degree of hope, after the massive disappointments that were the Time Machine Live and Clockwork Angels Live DVD. I haven't liked Rush's live releases since Rio, the most tolerable mix of the bunch probably was R30.

I'm so stoked about this DVD. Glad to see it coming out this year rather than next. I was at both Toronto shows. Going full circle it seems like. I was at the 1997 Molson Amphitheatre show when I was 12, and ran across my house hooting and hollering when I heard it was gonna be released even in partial form on last year's R40 package

Edited by maxdistortion